The longest thread ever

Does anyone have a family member who is just a pathetic lost cause when it comes to keeping track of their personal items e.g. keys, wallet, money (sometimes not in said wallet). In my household it's me and it is extremely frustrating. On a zoom call with a project team of which I AM THE PROJECT LEADER, working from home because I can't find my damn keys.
Yes. Strongly recommend having a key bowl in a convenient place near where you enter and exit the house. Finally convinced my wife to do this until it beccame a habit. Get the keys out of pockets and into The Bowl. May take some time, but once it's a habit it's smooth sailing.

I have 4 sons. "Mom!!! I can't find me <<fill in the blank>>!" Mom enters the room, lifts the dirty sweatshirt that has been thrown on the floor and points to the <<fill in the blank>>.

That said, I do have a terrible habit of setting my teacups and reading glasses down in odd places. I can easily find most things, teacups and reading glasses often require a search.

Advice - I used to sometimes misplace my keys. I now have a set place that I put them and I never, ever, ever set them down anywhere else. Pick a place and do not let yourself put your keys anywhere else. After a week or two, it will become habit and you will spend a lot less time looking for your keys. If you come back with "I've tried that before and it didn't work" - you didn't try hard enough. You cannot allow yourself to think, eh, just this once I won't make the effort to put them where they belong. Do that work and the payoff will be worth it.
I have a key basket that hangs on the doorknob between the garage and kitchen. Keys go there so I always know where they are. Car keys aren't such an issue anymore because I just have to have my purse - car key never comes out of the zipped pocket. So you need a basket or a purse. 😉

Does anyone have a family member who is just a pathetic lost cause when it comes to keeping track of their personal items e.g. keys, wallet, money (sometimes not in said wallet). In my household it's me and it is extremely frustrating. On a zoom call with a project team of which I AM THE PROJECT LEADER, working from home because I can't find my damn keys.
I have several lost cause family members but not for those reasons!

Once while recuperating from back surgery in the hospital, I couldn’t find my reading glasses. As I had just finished lunch and returned from my required walk in the hallway, I was afraid I had left my glasses on the food tray which had been returned to the cafeteria. Called the nurse, who helped me search, then called other nurses to help. She called the cafeteria to have them look through returned trays. A passing doctor pitched in looking also. After about an hour, I found the glasses perched prominently on top of my head. Although I was embarrassed, I was more concerned that numerous trained medical staff couldn’t see the glasses, even though they all looked directly at me at close range.

Once while recuperating from back surgery in the hospital, I couldn’t find my reading glasses. As I had just finished lunch and returned from my required walk in the hallway, I was afraid I had left my glasses on the food tray which had been returned to the cafeteria. Called the nurse, who helped me search, then called other nurses to help. She called the cafeteria to have them look through returned trays. A passing doctor pitched in looking also. After about an hour, I found the glasses perched prominently on top of my head. Although I was embarrassed, I was more concerned that numerous trained medical staff couldn’t see the glasses, even though they all looked directly at me at close range.
On a few occasions I have run around looking for my keys which happen to be between my teeth because I'm carrying stuff. Not that embarrassing when you're alone.

Walking to my car one day after work, I was cursing myself for leaving my sunglasses in my office. They were not only on my head, I was WEARING them, as intended. It was a very sunny day. And I was tired. Really tired.

On a few occasions I have run around looking for my keys which happen to be between my teeth because I'm carrying stuff. Not that embarrassing when you're alone.
Walking to my car one day after work, I was cursing myself for leaving my sunglasses in my office. They were not only on my head, I was WEARING them, as intended. It was a very sunny day. And I was tired. Really tired.
I mean, who hasn't looked for their phone while talking on it?! Anyone???

The many, many, many hours I've lost to misplaced stuff in my house. This weekend's episode was not that notable other than it was a bit like CameronBlue's, I found the offending object outside.

Back