Page 2740 of 3405 FirstFirst ... 17402240264026902730273827392740274127422750279028403240 ... LastLast
Results 54,781 to 54,800 of 68092
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Bursitis anyone?
    Better than Brucellosis?

(hope for quick/full relief to whomever!)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Better than Brucellosis?

Bruce Banner?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Bruce Banner?
    You mad, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Better than Brucellosis?

who doesn't love a good cow joke?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    who doesn't love a good cow joke?
    I try to steer clear of 'em.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't pun. I don't think my brain works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My 9th junior High prom, also asked to go to the junior high prom at our rival Junior High. (They were not yet middle schools.) In high school, it was called the Junior/Senior prom and sophomores could only go if asked by a junior or senior. I got asked as a sophomore. Then I went as a junior and a senior.
    Lowes Grove did not have proms when I was there. We had a few dances where couples made out along the perimeter of the gym and the teachers were constantly separating them. Mostly just a lot of bad dancing in chinos skirts.

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/8-hours...rk-30-minutes/

Interesting question for the group: is your company paying you to work for 8 hours, or is your company paying you to do your job/complete tasks? If the former then this is an easy discussion. If the latter then they are imposing an artificial time constraint on "work" that probably doesn't work well for either the business or employees. My job is definitely the latter. I am 100% remote and when I am home I probably do about 6-8 hours of work a week. When I travel I do between 50-70 hours of work. I complete tasks on weekends, vacations and holidays. But I can also go on a family trip and not take time off. I have literally taken calls about sick babies in the Smithsonian and Disney World. But I could take those trips without taking vacation days because of the flexible work schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't pun. I don't think my brain works that way.
    I bet you cud if you tried.

Once you start, just be sure to milk it as long as you can.

It's an udderly delightful pastime .

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Lowes Grove did not have proms when I was there. We had a few dances where couples made out along the perimeter of the gym and the teachers were constantly separating them. Mostly just a lot of bad dancing in chinos skirts.
    We had a bunch of dances like that too, but we did try a prom when I was in 9th grade. I don't remember it being much of success so maybe they tried it once or twice and decided not to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    https://www.dailydot.com/irl/8-hours...rk-30-minutes/

Interesting question for the group: is your company paying you to work for 8 hours, or is your company paying you to do your job/complete tasks? If the former then this is an easy discussion. If the latter then they are imposing an artificial time constraint on "work" that probably doesn't work well for either the business or employees. My job is definitely the latter. I am 100% remote and when I am home I probably do about 6-8 hours of work a week. When I travel I do between 50-70 hours of work. I complete tasks on weekends, vacations and holidays. But I can also go on a family trip and not take time off. I have literally taken calls about sick babies in the Smithsonian and Disney World. But I could take those trips without taking vacation days because of the flexible work schedule.
    I work for the federal gov't, so I am definitely expected to work eight hours a day. Five days a week. More (unpaid) if necessary.

BiL Wayne will be coming home from the hospital under Hospice care today. Yes, he did this once before this year but we don't anticipate another amazing recovery like he had before. We were lucky to have some really good months. We will enjoy what time we have left.

His comment in the ER on Friday was "the ER, another step on the stairway to heaven".

I work for the federal gov't, so I am definitely expected to work eight hours a day. Five days a week. More (unpaid) if necessary.
    The business does get to define the parameters. If you were able to set your own schedule, how quickly could you get your work done on the average day?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    BiL Wayne will be coming home from the hospital under Hospice care today. Yes, he did this once before this year but we don't anticipate another amazing recovery like he had before. We were lucky to have some really good months. We will enjoy what time we have left.

His comment in the ER on Friday was "the ER, another step on the stairway to heaven".
    I hope he is able to enjoy his time with his family.

The business does get to define the parameters. If you were able to set your own schedule, how quickly could you get your work done on the average day?
    Let's see, subtract time wasted posting on DBR . . . two hours! NO, just kidding! I probably put in at least 6.5 solid work hours on an average day. More in recent weeks with a big deadline (met early last week, thank you very much!). I have too much to do to screw around too much.

I earn my tax-funded salary!

Let's see, subtract time wasted posting on DBR . . . two hours! NO, just kidding! I probably put in at least 6.5 solid work hours on an average day. More in recent weeks with a big deadline (met early last week, thank you very much!). I have too much to do to screw around too much.

I earn my tax-funded salary!
    There are definitely some jobs that fit well in the 8 hour work week. I wish we were better at recognizing those which do and don't.

Prayers for you and the family.

There are definitely some jobs that fit well in the 8 hour work week. I wish we were better at recognizing those which do and don't.
    Highly dependent on the boss, IMO. I’m salaried, private company. Past employers were F100 and a Federal government contractor.

I have never had a corporate manager question hours worked so long as results have been there —- and they always have been. Had occasional 50+ hour work week but usually comfortably between 20 and 30 hours of actual work a week.

Got dinged at contractor job for not being visible during the hours client was there even though the actual work was highly boom bust with at times NOTHING happening.

I bet you cud if you tried.

Once you start, just be sure to milk it as long as you can.

It's an udderly delightful pastime .
    To pun is human.
    To forgive is bovine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    To pun is human.
    To forgive is bovine.
    Cannot spork. Very much enjoyed.