Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Alex's weekend is probably over before it begins. +3 due to a birdie on the 18th. Two missed 6-footers for birdies, and some iron shots missing the hole by 30 yards. I give him a 10% chance of making the weekend. Only because I'm an optimist.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Alex's weekend is probably over before it begins. +3 due to a birdie on the 18th. Two missed 6-footers for birdies, and some iron shots missing the hole by 30 yards. I give him a 10% chance of making the weekend. Only because I'm an optimist.
    Well, he did finish way ahead of John Daly.😂

One thing in Alex's favor, it appears he got the good part of the draw. Seems the worst of the rain will be past for his round today.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Well at least Smalley should finish ahead of Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Well at least Smalley should finish ahead of Tiger
    That doesn't mean what it used to (as you know from your comment).

He never really gave himself a chance. None of his approach shots (I'm not counting the par-5s) gave him a decent shot at birdie. He was missing badly even with short irons. I'm still concerned because his good finishes the past few weeks have been against very weak fields.

All 3 of our guys are playing next week in Fort Worth. It will be Alex's 6th straight week on the road, and 10th of the last 11. He knows he's going to have to grind this year to keep his card after the position he put himself in early. I still have slim hopes he can scramble into the playoffs, though unless something close to miraculous happens he will be sitting for 3 straight weeks in June (2 signature events (with no off events) sandwich the U.S. Open).

Colonial looks to be playing tough, about half of the morning guys are over par. All of our guys have afternoon tee times.

Looks like I'll have another free weekend. Alex posts a 7 on the 1st hole, which is playing the easiest today.

Something is wrong. I expect a WD at the turn. Unless the tour site shot-tracker is way off, on the 1st hole Alex was in the middle (not a lip, which can be tricky) of the greenside bunker in 2, and hit his 3rd shot 7 feet to the right and ended up with the aforementioned double. On the 5th hole, he was in the fairway 203 yards out and hit it 144 yards into the native area. On the 6th hole, a 410-yard par-4, he hit his drive 126 YARDS! He must be hurt.

Streelman cards a +1 (71) and is T68. He needs a lower score tomorrow. His bogey on 18 was unfortunate as Even Par would have meant T45.
    Bob Green

Alex cards a DFL. He should have taken my advice, pulled a Rodney Dangerfield, and left at the turn. I imagine he'll play the Canadian Open next week because he definitely won't be playing after that until June 27.

Scottie Scheffler may miss his first cut in almost 2 years. 21 holes left for him, but he's currently about 3 shots off the cut line. This year he has been out of the top-10 only once in 11 tournaments, a T17 in January.

Alex cards a DFL. He should have taken my advice, pulled a Rodney Dangerfield, and left at the turn.

Scottie Scheffler may miss his first cut in almost 2 years. 21 holes left for him, but he's currently about 3 shots off the cut line. This year he has been out of the top-10 only once in 11 tournaments, a T17 in January.
    The long arm of the law has quite a reach.

Max Greyserman finishes +3 (73) T98. He has ground to make up tomorrow.
    Bob Green

Friday tee times:

Streelman #10 08:11 am
    Smalley #10 08:22 am
    Greyserman #1 09:39 am
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Max Greyserman finishes +3 (73) T98. He has ground to make up tomorrow.
    Yeah but at least this course is playing tough. Cut line currently sits at +1, which is where Streelman sits after his first three holes of round 2. Smalley withdrew and is hopefully not injured after that less than memorable first round.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Yeah but at least this course is playing tough. Cut line currently sits at +1, which is where Streelman sits after his first three holes of round 2. Smalley withdrew and is hopefully not injured after that less than memorable first round.
    Reporting (whatever this site is) is that it's an illness. It makes sense, and thank goodness. Clearly something was wrong on the front 9 and it wouldn't have made sense for him to finish the round if he was injured. But just feeling bad he powered through.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/new...-ahead-round-2

Reporting (whatever this site is) is that it's an illness. It makes sense, and thank goodness. Clearly something was wrong on the front 9 and it wouldn't have made sense for him to finish the round if he was injured. But just feeling bad he powered through.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/new...-ahead-round-2
    That article on Smalley’s round clearly written by AI. It references starting the “game” with a double bogey and mentions the game again. Fascinating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    That article on Smalley’s round clearly written by AI. It references starting the “game” with a double bogey and mentions the game again. Fascinating to me.
    Ugh. Now I feel dirty.

Max is done now at +6 on the back 9

Streelman +2 with three holes to play. He needs to make one or maybe two birdies. Tough to do.
    Bob Green

Interesting that this course is playing tougher than last week's major. Yes I know that last week's field was stronger, but Scottie (who is -3 now) and Collin are in the field. Ok, on 2nd thought, maybe it's about the same all things considered, but we expect the majors to be a significantly tougher test.