Page 999 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 19,961 to 19,980 of 67238
    I try my best to not drink coffee, but these morning running sessions are kicking my butt. Just two more weeks. Just two more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Naaaw, you don't want me coming over. I've got a bad rep. A lot of yelling, pointing and ordering people to keep moving. But I do it with such charm!
    Wait...are you my wife? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Two months from today is the 10 year anniversary of the LTE.

Shall we celebrate?
    An all day PW'ing marathon?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    An all day PW'ing marathon?
    Sounds like a plan!

Everyone should start the day with a good breakfast, including PopTarts.

I think I may be too old for that. I'm not the PW I used to be.

Is there a thread for pet peeves? I'm sure I'd be on that list for others as would the LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    As long as you don't judge the amount of crap I have and keep me on task, you are hired. I can pay you in wine.
    Sorry DinK, as always, my opinion is freely and widely voiced. I might be able to keep my initial reactions to myself but eventually, the whining would begin. I'd do my level best to keep the muttered blasphemies to a minimum though, out of respect for the quality of the grape beverage.

The garage is finished. Four dump runs plus one run to the burn pile in the back field. husband-of-weezie is en route home. If I'm not heard from within 36 hours, alert the local authorities.

Direct them to dig under that burn pile.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Is there a thread for pet peeves? I'm sure I'd be on that list for others as would the LTE.
    Wait - the LTE is a pet peeve?

Wait - the LTE is a pet peeve?
    That whole election thread issue. I know, I know, many are trying unsuccessfully to forget the events of a year ago.

That whole election thread issue. I know, I know, many are trying unsuccessfully to forget the events of a year ago.
    Oh - yeah, that thing. Don't remind me!

Good morning! Let the games begin!

Day three of beach vacation

Always great to start the day with a morning guffaw. "Justice For Janet" Jackson campaign to have her appear alongside J Timbles at the SB as a gesture of forgiveness, was just such a chuckle on this beautiful morning in Virginia. People are endlessly surprising.

In other news, I'm calling the SPCA to donate the old truck to their 'cash for metal' program.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

RIP Robert Guillaume. An actor, singer, and gentleman on TV and Broadway.

RIP Robert Guillaume. An actor, singer, and gentleman on TV and Broadway.
    “Soap”is one of the most under-appreciated shows ever. (That, and “Talk Radio.”)

He was a big star in my childhood world. Rest In Peace, Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    “Soap”is one of the most under-appreciated shows ever. (That, and “Talk Radio.”)

He was a big star in my childhood world. Rest In Peace, Benson.
    Indeed, Rest in Peace.

So - second suggestion for celebrating the 10th anniversary - let's get to 20,000 posts by that date. I think we can!

on another thread ("temporarily locked" and may be deleted), BostonDevil explained her view of the UNC fiasco's aftermath:

Echoing the sentiments of many on this board, but the cheating scandal killed the rivalry for me. Sure I want Duke to beat UNC when they play, but I won't be able to watch. As a North Carolina native, I have always been proud that the flagship public university in my home state had such a great academic reputation even if I did hate their basketball team. That pride is gone and it's never coming back. (I'm still proud of North Carolina State University.)

Here's another result of the scandal for this basketball fan. During my growing up years, I could name the starting 5 of UNC almost as easily as the starting 5 of Duke. Knowing the players was required and I paid attention to UNC's players. I can't anymore. I don't know who is on the team and more importantly, I don't care. I really don't. I cannot at this moment name a single player on UNC's team. I doubt I'll be able to at the end of the season either.
    Just wanted to give kudos to this, since the thread is locked and may get deleted. I don't plan on watching any of their games, including Duke-UNC.

Anyway, sorry for being on-topic on the off-topic board but this gem could not go unrecognized.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    on another thread ("temporarily locked" and may be deleted), BostonDevil explained her view of the UNC fiasco's aftermath:

Just wanted to give kudos to this, since the thread is locked and may get deleted. I don't plan on watching any of their games, including Duke-UNC.

Anyway, sorry for being on-topic on the off-topic board but this gem could not go unrecognized.
    Aw, thanks, OPK.

I tried to spork you earlier (for a different post), not sure if I succeeded.

Aw, thanks, OPK.

I tried to spork you earlier (for a different post), not sure if I succeeded.
    It’s the thought that counts. Thanks!