Page 3161 of 3391 FirstFirst ... 2161266130613111315131593160316131623163317132113261 ... LastLast
Results 63,201 to 63,220 of 67801
    Heat pump annual servicing man in the house at 7 a.m., leave him alone at $135/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am picking up Cookie's urn tomorrow.
    I picked up Grant's on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Heat pump annual servicing man in the house at 7 a.m., leave him alone at $135/hour.
    Hopefully, we'll be in the 90s by December.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I picked up Grant's on Saturday.
    Did you get some type of urn or memory box for him? Our first cat I buried but we got a memory box with his ashes for the second. He is on display at the exes house. She once tried to put his ashes in a cabinet and our daughter explained to her that this was not what was going to happen.

our departed pets' ashes reside in the large lily patch outside our home, nice spot.

our departed pets' ashes reside in the large lily patch outside our home, nice spot.
    For better or worse, we have a good number of urns and fancy boxes on our mantle.

We've never been the urn type. We buried our first, then released ashes over favorite spots on our next four; we'll be expecting to do the same to a fifth within a year. We do have a room with pictures of all our cats over the years, including the outdoor cat that we "adopted" in the Rocky Mt. foothills. Now that our latest kittens are a year-and-a-half old, it's about time to add to the display.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    We've never been the urn type. We buried our first, then released ashes over favorite spots on our next four; we'll be expecting to do the same to a fifth within a year. We do have a room with pictures of all our cats over the years, including the outdoor cat that we "adopted" in the Rocky Mt. foothills. Now that our latest kittens are a year-and-a-half old, it's about time to add to the display.
    We lost two cats this summer to beasts. It's super strange to NOT have some level of closure and no urn/box/etc to memorialize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We lost two cats this summer to beasts. It's super strange to NOT have some level of closure and no urn/box/etc to memorialize.
    ouch. too many beasts here too, no outdoor cats advised due to fishers, foxes and coyotes. rough neighborhood.

ouch. too many beasts here too, no outdoor cats advised due to fishers, foxes and coyotes. rough neighborhood.
    We've had outdoor cats for 15 years with no issue. Definite uptick in beasts around this year.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Outdoor cats kill over 2 billion birds in the US every year. They are both predator and prey. Overall, I'm a fan of keeping cats inside although I know that is not always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We've had outdoor cats for 15 years with no issue. Definite uptick in beasts around this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Outdoor cats kill over 2 billion birds in the US every year. They are both predator and prey. Overall, I'm a fan of keeping cats inside although I know that is not always possible.
    This is starting to sound like one of our local Nextdoor threads. All I know is that roaming cats, both feral and "indoor/outdoor" kept my yard and porches smelling like cat pee and cat crap. The one neighbor, who lost several cats to feral dogs and/or coyotes, and who had Animal Control tell her on several occasions that many neighbors were complaining and she needed to keep her cats indoors, FINALLY built a sort of chicken wire catio in her backyard. The last feral cat that I know of was run over several months ago. My yard hasn't stunk like cat pee since.

And this fall, I will be digging up the last remnants of a formerly beautiful cluster of azaleas next to my garage. They started dying off a couple of years ago, most likely connected to the fact that they seemed to be the cats' favorite spraying spot.

yeah, cat pee is bad, and I don't like cats killing birds either...

Heading to Miami. That hurricane better stay left.

Same place as last week. Uggghhh.

Had an acquaintance tell me that they collect their indoor cat poop and pee from the litter box, and spread it in their yard as a deterrent to snakes. I informed them that I would prefer an occasional snake to having cat poop and pee all over the yard. Yuck! I have never visited their house or yard.

ANNNNDDD my power is out again. 5th time in two months. I dressed by flashlight to go into the office, so I look like a bag lady. Already bawled out Duke Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    ANNNNDDD my power is out again. 5th time in two months. I dressed by flashlight to go into the office, so I look like a bag lady. Already bawled out Duke Energy.
    your Generac standby generator awaits you! I'm a very happy customer, sick of rolling the generator outside...https://www.generac.com/powermove/?g...SAAEgK1W_D_BwE

I can hear that baby hum from here!

your Generac standby generator awaits you! I'm a very happy customer, sick of rolling the generator outside...https://www.generac.com/powermove/?g...SAAEgK1W_D_BwE

I can hear that baby hum from here!
    It is actually back on now. Sun was shining bright but it was almost the exact same area as the one two weeks ago.

Active shooter situation at UNC. I was on campus during the shootings in 95.

https://alertcarolina.unc.edu/