Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Caleb Foster Out for the Season

Not a huge shock but still stings. Stress Fracture in the Ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Not a huge shock but still stings. Stress Fracture in the Ankle.
    Dang it! I hate it when my intuition is correct. Have had a bad feeling about this one from almost the very beginning. Hoping Blakes sees the floor at least a little bit going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Dang it! I hate it when my intuition is correct. Have had a bad feeling about this one from almost the very beginning. Hoping Blakes sees the floor at least a little bit going forward.
    Yeah big gut punch, sucks for him.

Starting a thread like this without a link is completely irresponsible.

Duke Men’s Basketball @DukeMBB

Coach Scheyer announced @iamcalebfoster is out for season with a stress fracture (ankle). Thoughts with our guy Caleb.

1:20 PM · Mar 21, 2024
    Not everyone has Twitter, and there are no news articles about this yet.

So bummed for Caleb. Get healthy, young man.

Welp, this feels like it puts a pretty hard cap on our ceiling this year. Not that we can't still win a few games this month, but our margin for error just get very very thin.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Here’s a link from The Chronicle: https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...eh3k7oGvcXmya0

This sucks, both for the young man and for the team. TJ Power and Sean Stewart are going to get their opportunities to shine in March now.

I was expecting it, but still a small shock. He was running a fine race when he got hurt.

Get well and come back strong, Caleb!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Welp, this feels like it puts a pretty hard cap on our ceiling this year. Not that we can't still win a few games this month, but our margin for error just get very very thin.
    We need Roach to get better and step up.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    We need Roach to get better and step up.
    Yes. Roach hasn't been himself as of late, and I don't know if it is physical or mental (or both).

Here's hoping he looks like a superstar tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. Roach hasn't been himself as of late, and I don't know if it is physical or mental (or both).

Here's hoping he looks like a superstar tomorrow!
    At this point we need all 5 starters, and our bench, to play their best ball going forward. That includes Jeremy, Mark, and Tyrese playing at their highest levels. I do expect Flip and McCain to play well. But everyone else has to step up now.

At open practice right now… Foster is nowhere to be seen.

Just ugh.

So we have a 6.25 person team that struggles to deal well with adversity and pressure. If we make it past this weekend I'll be surprised.

GOTTA get Blakes 7-10 minutes per game hes actually a really good defender. Reason why going into next year is so concerning. We have 4 guards who can all handle the ball, you need at least 3 guys on the team to do that next year guard looks thin.

Quote Originally Posted by JGDUKE2008 View Post
    GOTTA get Blakes 7-10 minutes per game hes actually a really good defender. Reason why going into next year is so concerning. We have 4 guards who can all handle the ball, you need at least 3 guys on the team to do that next year guard looks thin.
    problem of course is that you already have a guy in Mitchell who teams will allow to shoot, Blakes would make two.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    problem of course is that you already have a guy in Mitchell who teams will allow to shoot, Blakes would make two.
    Yea I’m hoping Stewart and Power can contribute more so than Blakes.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Yea I’m hoping Stewart and Power can contribute more so than Blakes.
    Agreed. We can’t have Mitchell and Blakes on the court simultaneously. Stewart and Power need to step up.
    Bob Green

So what are the DBR rules regarding making comments on comments being made on other Duke-related pages? I certainly dont want to violate any guidelines on the site here.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    So what are the DBR rules regarding making comments on comments being made on other Duke-related pages? I certainly dont want to violate any guidelines on the site here.
    https://forums.dukebasketballreport...before-posting!)

See the section on Copyright Infringement.
    Bob Green