Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Alex finishes at -1 which is the current cut line but I doubt it will stand. Max withdraws but was +2 when I checked after hole 10, so likely would have missed the cut anyway.

Alex is in serious danger of losing his card. He is projected to plummet to #116 (we'll see how the other players do over the weekend, could be a little worse or better) in the FedExCup standings. Yes there is a lot of the season left, but it sure doesn't look like he will qualify for any majors or even any of the 5 remaining signature events. He has missed the cut in 4 of 6 events this season, and would have missed the cut in a 5th if it hadn't been a no-cut event. He had reached #63 in the OWGR last July and has plummeted out of the top 100. His game has disappeared.

The past 2 days he missed a 2-foot putt and a 3-foot putt. He made only 1 of 7 putts between 4 and 10 feet, and 2 putts outside of 10 feet. He missed the cut on the line.

I really, really hope he can turn his season around.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Alex is in serious danger of losing his card. He is projected to plummet to #116 (we'll see how the other players do over the weekend, could be a little worse or better) in the FedExCup standings. Yes there is a lot of the season left, but it sure doesn't look like he will qualify for any majors or even any of the 5 remaining signature events. He has missed the cut in 4 of 6 events this season, and would have missed the cut in a 5th if it hadn't been a no-cut event. He had reached #63 in the OWGR last July and has plummeted out of the top 100. His game has disappeared.

The past 2 days he missed a 2-foot putt and a 3-foot putt. He made only 1 of 7 putts between 4 and 10 feet, and 2 putts outside of 10 feet. He missed the cut on the line.

I really, really hope he can turn his season around.
    Same for Streelman and Greyserman. All 3 will need to play (Streelman) and play better to keep their cards. Life is tough when living off partial status and occasional player exemptions.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Same for Streelman and Greyserman. All 3 will need to play (Streelman) and play better to keep their cards. Life is tough when living off partial status and occasional player exemptions.
    Yep. Obviously my focus is on Alex, but Max has missed the cut in 3 of 4 events (and finished T56 in the one) and is projected to be at #171 after the weekend. The WD yesterday was for a back injury, which is never good for a golfer (or anyone else).

Kevin has 2 cuts and a WD, so no points at all.

All 3 are in the field next week at Palm Beach Gardens (goodbye West Coast Swing), but I'd say Kevin and Max are iffy with back injuries.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Celine has the lead after 2 rounds in the LPGA event in Singapore. She shot a 64 and leads by 1.

Our 3 PGA players are struggling after 1st round.

Celine has the lead after 2 rounds in the LPGA event in Singapore. She shot a 64 and leads by 1.

Our 3 PGA players are struggling after 1st round.
    Yeah, Greyserman -1, Smalley E, Streelman +1. Leaders at -7.

As good as Celine was: -8 for day 2, Leona is +3 overall.

Celine struggled early and is now T3 and 3 back.

Alex/Kevin missed the cut, but Max Greyserman played great, is -6 and T18.

Alex is projected to fall out of the top-125, and he will fall even further because he is not playing next week (not unusual, nobody plays every week). He really needs to turn it around. He has never played well in the spring (he has never made a cut in April!), but he has also never dug himself this deep a hole.

Celine finished -12 and one shot off the lead. $169,786 payday for 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Celine finished -12 and one shot off the lead. $169,786 payday for 2nd.
    It was a heartbreaking loss for Celine. She had good looks at birdie on 16 and 17 and just missed each. Celine made a 5 foot knee knocker on 18 to head into the clubhouse with at -12 which was a 2 stroke lead with only one group remaining. However, Hannah Green made a birdie on 16 to get to -11 and made virtually the same putt Celine missed at 17 to also get to -12. Green then made another long putt on 18 to win. Green did not seem like a threat when she walked off 15 but 3 birdies to finish gave her the win.

Had Celine won, she would have ascended to number one in the women’s rankings which would have made her the first Frenchwoman ever to be number one and the first European to hold the standing since Annika in 2007. Really tough loss considering how well she played. Not sure if she will be ranked second or third on Monday.

Kevin T3 after 14 holes in Puerto Rico Open.

Round is suspended, co-leaders are 1 ahead of Kevin and they completed Round 1; so Kevin could take the lead after round 1 tomorrow.

Kevin T3 after 14 holes in Puerto Rico Open.

Round is suspended, co-leaders are 1 ahead of Kevin and they completed Round 1; so Kevin could take the lead after round 1 tomorrow.
    Greyserman and Streelman in a large group tied for the lead (-7) after 1st round. Secondary event with fewer FedEx points.

Streelman is T2 at -12 through two rounds.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman is T2 at -12 through two rounds.
    Greyserman is t-9 at -10. Adam Long missed the cut by two strokes at -2.

Saturday tee times:

Streelman 11:50 am
    Greyserman 11:06 am

Streelman is playing in today’s last threesome.
    Bob Green

Kevin and Max shot themselves out of contention on moving day. Looks like they'll be around the top-30, but this is a low point event so it doesn't do much for them in the FedExCup.

Alex and Kevin are in the The Players this week. Huge points and money event, it's the perfect time for Alex to turn his season around.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Kevin and Max shot themselves out of contention on moving day. Looks like they'll be around the top-30, but this is a low point event so it doesn't do much for them in the FedExCup.
    True, but at least Kevin will finally have cup points for 2024.

That's it. I'm calling it at 3:10 on Thursday. No Dukies will be playing the weekend at The Players. Kevin finished +5, and Alex is +2 through 8 and spraying 90% of his shots far, far right.

At this point, I will be surprised if any Dukies are on the PGA Tour next year. Kevin is 45, we knew this time would come. He's had a nice career, over $26M in earnings. I don't know enough about Max, but he's currently #141 in the FedExCup so he has a chance. I don't know what is going on with Alex.

In the fairway, 217 yards to the hole...plops it in the water 50 yards short. 50 YARDS!

Alex goes -4 over his last 5 holes (including an eagle) and is currently T33 at -2. Nobody on this board is happier than me that he stuck it to me. I hope this is the shot in the arm that his season has needed. Cut is looking to be -2 or -3 so he can't take his foot off the pedal.