Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    They're still gonna suck, because they are UNC.
    This is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Is anybody on their roster a plus defender?
    Well, there's Leaky Bl.... oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I haven't checked their boards lately, but I'm 95% sure that they are likely ecstatic with this announcement. They are likely saying that Cadeau was the one and only missing piece, and the only thing they needed to make a run at the final four and maybe even the national championship. I am hoping that they are entirely wrong (as they usually are), but I don't see Cadeau's reclassification and signing as a good thing for us.
    I have checked their boards. They were hoping for this to happen. They have begged for a true point guard and believe that he will make them better. For example, they believe that he will direct the offense, get Bacot more shots, get people better shots. If he’s as good as advertised, he will. These issues about whether Harris or Cadeau will run the team is no different than Tyus and Quinn, Roach and Proctor. I have no idea how Cadeau will play. We have seen the gamut on freshmen/reclassifications on being ready from day 1 to never quite playing to their high school reputations. It’s also amusing to see the roles reversed. A few years ago, they would have thumbed their noses at relying on a high school kid to reclassify (questioning the validity of it), and hoping freshmen will save their season. Now they need it. We are the ones that have experienced players (with a strong freshmen class) questioning whether their freshmen will deliver. I also agree that we will see whether Hubert can coach this team up. Roy’s teams always needed a true point guard. We’ll see what Hubert does with his squad. Excited to see it play out.

I dunno. A lot of us around here over the years have bemoaned our defense and lauded UVA's (as annoying as they are to play/watch). We typically refer to how defense is built with "years in the program" and "cohesion" and "maturity".

Well, it's time for us to put that theory to the test - hopefully to our enjoyment - with this year's Carolina team.

- Chillin

The symmetry between the two programs is pretty fascinating to me

2022:
    - UNC returns four starters off a team that won 11 of its last 13 games. Davis enters his second year ranked preseason #1.
    - Duke brings in 11 new players, with Roach being the only returnee who played significant minutes

2023:
    - Duke returns four starters off a team that won 11 of its last 12 games. Scheyer enters his second year ranked #1 by some, and in the top #3 by almost everyone.
    - UNC brings in 7 new players, with Davis and Bacot being the only returnees who played significant minutes

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The symmetry between the two programs is pretty fascinating to me

2022:
    - UNC returns four starters off a team that won 11 of its last 13 games. Davis enters his second year ranked preseason #1.
    - Duke brings in 11 new players, with Roach being the only returnee who played significant minutes

2023:
    - Duke returns four starters off a team that won 11 of its last 12 games. Scheyer enters his second year ranked #1 by some, and in the top #3 by almost everyone.
    - UNC brings in 7 new players, with Davis and Bacot being the only returnees who played significant minutes
    Let's hope that the parallels end right there.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Let's hope that the parallels end right there.
    Not to worry, the NCAA performances have been very different so far

4-star G Simeon Wilcher has announced that he has requested his release from his NLI.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    4-star G Simeon Wilcher has announced that he has requested his release from his NLI.
    Wow -- I'd lost hope that karma would ever work so quickly. UNC fans getting a taste of what it's like to have to rationalize a decommitment.

247 Sports/Travis Branham: 2023 four-star Simeon Wilcher requests release from North Carolina

Prior to his commitment, Wilcher had earned offers from Auburn, UCLA, Oregon, Illinois, Memphis and others but as Rick Pitino looks to cap off his roster at St. John's, the Red Storm could be a team to keep an eye on upon receiving his release.

Wilcher's decision to get out of his Letter of Intent is not a major surprise following the reclassification of Elliot Cadeau and the return of RJ Davis for another season in Chapel Hill.
    Early replies to Branham's tweet are of the "Well, that's what happens" mold, but there is a "What grounds does he have to get out of it?" and a "Screw that don’t release him". So, yeah.

Edited to add: Simeon Wilcher is #31 in RSCI.
    Last edited by brevity; 06-06-2023 at 04:02 PM.

He probably (and correctly) figured that if things didn’t work out at uNC and then he wanted to transfer out after a year or two, he wouldn’t be able to, since any actual colleges/universities don’t accept uNC courses.

GTHC, GTH!

Teammate at Roselle Catholic of our own decommitted Mgbako, no?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Teammate at Roselle Catholic of our own decommitted Mgbako, no?
    Correct. Newark Star-Ledger also has the story.

What a mess....traded a solid 3-4 year prospect for a hell bent one-n-done.

Calling it now...they're gonna be a dumpster fire next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    What a mess...traded a solid 3-4 year prospect for a hell bent one-n-done.

If so, will Hubris be sitting atop said dumpster in the hot seat? 🥺

Dumpster fire?

What a mess...traded a solid 3-4 year prospect for a hell bent one-n-done.

What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by trinity79 View Post
    If so, will Hubris be sitting atop said dumpster in the hot seat? 🥺
    Oh yeah...if they don't make the tournament I can't see how he survives.

Oh yeah...if they don't make the tournament I can't see how he survives.
    Ol Hubie knows he is on the hot seat. That’s why he probably is doing anything and everything to make sure that next season is not a repeat of last season. Hubris knows that he will get run out of Chapel Hill on a coal car if he doesn’t produce instantly.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    FWIW, and take it with the massive grain of salt you should with any Twitter reporting… but Ant Wright, a legit CBB journalist who like Andrew Slater likes to make not so vague hints at things he knows on Twitter recently implied that there may be more departures from this Tar Heels recruiting class.

Again, it’s a “Twitter insider,” but one with a track record and the follower numbers to back it up. Apply your own critical thinking skills and draw whatever conclusions you see fit.

https://twitter.com/itsantwright/sta...cT35mxugtfMCvw
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    FWIW, and take it with the massive grain of salt you should with any Twitter reporting… but Ant Wright, a legit CBB journalist who like Andrew Slater likes to make not so vague hints at things he knows on Twitter recently implied that there may be more departures from this Tar Heels recruiting class.

Again, it’s a “Twitter insider,” but one with a track record and the follower numbers to back it up. Apply your own critical thinking skills and draw whatever conclusions you see fit.

It's not just Ant Wright and Slater. This Trilly Donovan character, who is also prone to cryptic posts like Andrew Slater, has hinted the same thing. Donovan and Slater must see eye-to-eye because they have exchanged open nods at each other about this situation and others. Other would-be public insiders are also nodding in agreement. It'll be interesting to see if another recruit begs out of their commitment and what that might mean for the UNC coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post

Ant Wright is pretty legit (I highly recommend his Filipowski's highschool scouting report). And looks like everyone's responses to the tweet seem to indicate that Ian Jackson will be reclassifying.

Jackson would be another fascinating addition. He's another dude that absolutely needs the ball in his hands to be successful as he hasn't shown too much of a consistent 3 ball. It would give them a fantastic wing option but pairing him with Cadeau is not gonna yield high shooting percentages from deep.

But definitely improves their ceiling/roof.