Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2291
    69-61 with 2 minutes to go. Despite shooting only 32% from the field, Cuse is 15-for-16 from the line. Not over yet.

Final is 74-65. Depth and balance won the game. Turnovers were 7 in Q1 and only 7 more the rest of the game. Need to work on rebounding.

74-65 is your final. Lot of things to work on, but also some things to be pleased with. At times, Duke did an excellent job of interior passing against the zone (hard to believe Goodchild had only four assists). Duke also shared the ball well. And any time we get a combined 26 and 13 from Williams and Akinbode-James we should be in good shape. That said, we got hammered on the glass, and didn’t do a very good job of stopping dribble penetration.

Take it and move on. Tough week coming up: VaTech at home and at State.

No update on Celeste Taylor. She will be evaluated upon the team's return later today. But we may not hear anything until later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post

Va Tecch plays in Chapel Hill tonight at 6 on the ACC Network.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Va Tecch plays in Chapel Hill tonight at 6 on the ACC Network.
    I think UNC is way more ecchy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The heels are taking VPI to the woodshed. 35-17 at the half.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

74-65 is your final. Lot of things to work on, but also some things to be pleased with. At times, Duke did an excellent job of interior passing against the zone (hard to believe Goodchild had only four assists). Duke also shared the ball well. And any time we get a combined 26 and 13 from Williams and Akinbode-James we should be in good shape. That said, we got hammered on the glass, and didn’t do a very good job of stopping dribble penetration.

By the way, congrats to this thread's posters for telling us the score. some times, we get commentary and don't know if we are winning or not.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I had not watched the women's team all year, but happened to watch most of the third quarter and a lot of the fourth. I was very impressed with the ball and player movement, and was thinking to myself that the men's team might benefit from Coach Lawson's coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    I had not watched the women's team all year, but happened to watch most of the third quarter and a lot of the fourth. I was very impressed with the ball and player movement, and was thinking to myself that the men's team might benefit from Coach Lawson's coaching.
    That's a good point, and one thing I particularly noticed about the men's team was how little off-ball movement there often was on offense. The women can take quite a long time to decide what to run, but once they are ready to start their set, practically everybody on the team is moving around. The women definitely force the other team's defense to move and make decisions. They do very little that is purely one-on-one, unless the defense has already disrupted the set.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    DWBB bumps up one to 16 in the rankings.

Here's the ACC in the standings

#3 Louisville
    #4 NCSU
    #15 Georgia Tech (so bummed that game got the rona)
    #16 Duke
    #20 Notre Dame
    #21 Cheaters who got decimated by the only ranked team they've played so far

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Assuming the tournament seeds follow rankings, there’s a huge difference between 16 and 17. Number 16 means hosting first/second round games, 17 means on the road.

Let’s keep moving up the rankings to ensure us a couple more home games.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Assuming the tournament seeds follow rankings, there’s a huge difference between 16 and 17. Number 16 means hosting first/second round games, 17 means on the road.

Let’s keep moving up the rankings to ensure us a couple more home games.
    This is important when we keep in mind missed games and rescheduling them. Yeah, it might be inconvenient, but with as stacked of a conference as the ACC is, it's important to have those hopeful wins.

I imagine Jim will be the first to know and will clue us in, but why haven't we heard about the extent of Celeste's injury yet?

Just got off a ZOOM with Lawson. She resolutely refused to answer questions about Taylor or anyone else's availability for tomorrow other than to say that she expects Duke to be without some players tomorrow night. I would be stunned if Taylor plays anytime soon but that's based on what I saw Sunday on TV and what I can infer from how she answered questions today.

I do not know if this is based on an interpretation of HIPPA or a perceived advantage in not letting the other coaches know what and who to expect. We've seen this lack of info become ingrained in the football program in the last few years. It's frustrating but it looks like it's a permanent fixture.

Thanks Jim. I guess we'll see her when we see her.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Thanks Jim. I guess we'll see her when we see her.
    The word we are looking for is "indefinite".

Celeste needs a vigil!

Pre-game for VT.

Celeste still in a sling. Looks like Lexi is missing

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Pre-game for VT.

Celeste still in a sling. Looks like Lexi is missing
    Well damn.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Also wearing the dishwater gray uniforms tonight. (Why?)