Page 1131 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 13163110311081112111291130113111321133114111811231 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,620 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Oh, there's a heavy dose of Timmy here.

Dave plays Watchtower about every other (well, maybe between every 3rd and 4th show). I believe there is a version out there with Warren Haynes guesting. I know there is one with Gary Clark Jr. as the guest. There a "Stairway to Heaven" interpolation out there. Among many others. I could go on all day.
    The Stairway interpolation was my introduction (with Tim, Bonnaroo 2010). Great version (I was sitting there thinking "this sounds really familiar but I don't think its part of All Along the Watchtower...what is it?" and then finally it clicked when it got to the end). At the time, I "hated" Dave Matthews (perhaps more accurately, I hated the stereotypical Dave fan), but one of my friends convinced me that I had to check him out while I was there and I was admittedly blown away (I've seen him several times since). There is an incredible Time Bomb -> Two Step with a ripping Tim solo from that show that has really stuck with me as well (the transition between the songs was something else). Also some really good banter with the crowd that night. Now I might have to put in my headphones and listen through that show while I'm at work (you can probably find it on archive.org if you are interested).

I have seen the Warren Haynes version (Haynes might be my favorite musician, period, definitely top 3).

https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=80074775&refid=asa

Excellent breakdown of the similarities and differences between the two Georgia races for Senate. Plus you can learn what else you need
    "taknowtaday" fron Michael Barbaro!

I don’t get the Endgame for the GOP here. Do they really want the Supreme Court to overturn the election? What happens if that happens? It would mean National strikes and walkouts. The stock market would tank. And then if Trump actually stays in power, then what? States would secede. More riots. More deaths. We would no longer have a functioning government. In any way. It would be a true nightmare - in every way. Is that what they truly want?

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    I don’t get the Endgame for the GOP here. Do they really want the Supreme Court to overturn the election? What happens if that happens? It would mean National strikes and walkouts. The stock market would tank. And then if Trump actually stays in power, then what? States would secede. More riots. More deaths. We would no longer have a functioning government. In any way. It would be a true nightmare - in every way. Is that what they truly want?
    I doubt that they think this will overturn the election, and are instead grandstanding to play to Trump's base for future elections.

Of the Watchtowers I saw, this is probably the best Grateful Dead version...

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-0...atchtower.flac

However, I’m also very fond of this version, I saw, when the Grateful Dead were Dylan’s backup band...

https://archive.org/details/gd1987-0...7-10d3t13.flac

Did a mod try and lock this thread and accidentally get the beer thread instead? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Of the Watchtowers I saw, this is probably the best Grateful Dead version...

https://archive.org/details/gd1989-0...atchtower.flac

However, I’m also very fond of this version, I saw, when the Grateful Dead were Dylan’s backup band...

https://archive.org/details/gd1987-0...7-10d3t13.flac
    Holy cr#p!! That Rich Stadium version is STELLAR. Is that Jerry on lead guitar the whole way? Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Did a mod try and lock this thread and accidentally get the beer thread instead? Asking for a friend.
    Donald has defied all the norms of the presidency; we’re simply doing the same with this thread. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Holy cr#p!! That Rich Stadium version is STELLAR. Is that Jerry on lead guitar the whole way? Incredible.
    Yep, that was the Jerry who motivated me to drive all over this great nation, many, many times!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...garcia-238322/

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Are you suggesting a moderator was drunk on the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    I don’t get the Endgame for the ... here... What happens if that happens? It would mean National strikes and walkouts. The stock market would tank. ...
    States would secede. More riots. More deaths. We would no longer have a functioning government. In any way. It would be a true nightmare - in every way. Is that what they truly want?
    FIFY on your post above - you must be talking about what would happen if Ymmm Beer stays locked. People need Ymmm Beer...

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    FIFY on your post above - you must be talking about what would happen if Ymmm Beer stays locked. People need Ymmm Beer...
    To survive 2020 we do. Thankfully, that thread is now unlocked.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Are you suggesting a moderator was drunk on the job?
    Suggesting?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I doubt that they think this will overturn the election, and are instead grandstanding to play to Trump's base for future elections.
    Two things:

(a) Trump and others are using this lawsuit to continue collecting cash from small-donor Trump supporters.

(b) Trump is demonstrating that he's the boss of the Republicans and that the majority of Republican office holders are beholden to him -- even on something as that I view as totally ridiculous.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Two things:

(a) Trump and others are using this lawsuit to continue collecting cash from small-donor Trump supporters.

(b) Trump is demonstrating that he's the boss of the Republicans and that the majority of Republican office holders are beholden to him -- even on something as that I view as totally ridiculous.
    the fact that I have been averaging about ten solicitations per day from Team Trump despite my never having given them a cent would tend to support observation "a." All day, all night, they just keep coming...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the fact that I have been averaging about ten solicitations per day from Team Trump despite my never having given them a cent would tend to support observation "a." All day, all night, they just keep coming...
    You’re doing something wrong... I’ve never had one solicitation from Team Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    You’re doing something wrong... I’ve never had one solicitation from Team Trump.
    somehow they got my email address, that's all it takes. Maybe they bought it from the Leaf Guard Gutter Man, I never contacted him yet he seems to think I'm good for 3-4 emails/day... I never had any Trump solicitations BEFORE the election...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Oh.I have been making donations in your name.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    As have I. And devildeac. Cuz we're all the same person.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Give me your physical address so I can send you a thank you note, though it may be in the form of a deceased animal...