Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 66, Syracuse 60 -- Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Didn't see that ending coming

On TV, it sounded like one of the best crowds I've heard (I could have done without one of the chants at Gbinije, but even so).

Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    On TV, it sounded like one of the best crowds I've heard (I could have done without one of the chants at Gbinije, but even so).
    Eh . . . "we don't miss you" is pretty innocent. Was there another one? I thought that was fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Eh . . . "we don't miss you" is pretty innocent. Was there another one? I thought that was fair game.
    That's the one. And it's not terrible or anything, but I do miss him--I liked him! Like I said, it's a small quibble on what sounded like a tremendous crowd tonight (I'll wait for the people at the game to post, but I'll be they agree about the volume).

Just did a frame by frame replay and Hood's feet were set before Fair's front foot came down so definitely before he started his upward motion

What a shame of an ending.

Definitely felt the charge call was better than questionable in our favor. But that's what they'll be talking about. Not how tough or good the game was, but what kind of call made Boeheim go nuts.

Boeheim Bet K $10,000 to Charity

He would get double T'd.

Or he was laying the groundwork for the future.

need to practice free throws, look like unx out there tonight

Quote Originally Posted by 18258 View Post
    need to practice free throws, look like unx out there tonight
    Duke is still leading the league in FT shooting on the season. It's not that big a deal.

Wasn't the line on this game 6? Why I never bet on sports. At the 10 second mark there were a lot of folks in Vegas who were real happy. Not so many at the end.

Thrilled to win this game and the way we overcame the flagrant on Dawkins

Commentators now, not just at our games, fill way to much time blathering about calls; how did they miss that, that's a tough call, and just second guessing way too many calls. IIRC a few years ago, it was unusual for announcers even to mention any but the most egregious call or foul disparity. More recently, it's a rare game where the analysis doesn't include several opinions about calls. It gives every fan the chance to feel victimized. Some fans just like beings victims more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    Talk about a bad call...

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    Wasn't the line on this game 6? Why I never bet on sports. At the 10 second mark there were a lot of folks in Vegas who were real happy. Not so many at the end.

Commentators now, not just at our games, fill way to much time blathering about calls; how did they miss that, that's a tough call, and just second guessing way too many calls. IIRC a few years ago, it was unusual for announcers even to mention any but the most egregious call or foul disparity. More recently, it's a rare game where the analysis doesn't include several opinions about calls. It gives every fan the chance to feel victimized. Some fans just like beings victims more than others.
    I disagree. Watch the replay of the Duke-UNC game from 1992. The announcers were harping on calls there, too, in real time.

The video is actually posted on this site:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...highlight=1992

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I disagree. Watch the replay of the Duke-UNC game from 1992. The announcers were harping on calls there, too, in real time.

The video is actually posted on this site:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...highlight=1992
    Yes, you are right. I watched that the other day, and noticed the same thing. Still, I think it's more widespread now. Or maybe just more incessant carping on readily accessible keyboards. Either way, or in any time frame, it's annoying.

Yes Yes We Suck, our coaches don't know anything etc

Get over it. We won, Survive and Advance.

Second game in a row foul shooting has been really bad. Another game of poor shooting. I literally yelled at my tv when we went stall ball and went with the cook/sheed back and forth pass offense. Still found a way to win.

Our guys seem to get stripped a lot, especially sheed. Also seems to fall down. A lot.

Getting the ball to hood at the ft line worked great. Makes perfect sense he wouldn't get a touch there for the last 8 minutes.

Plum lee was a baller tonight. Whole different gear. Already may be one of the best hedgers we've seen.

Brace for the duke gets all the calls crowd, they'll be out in force. Refs were awful. First ha
    F really favored us I thought. Second half really favored us. Second half remains fresh in people's mind.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post

Getting the ball to hood at the ft line worked great. Makes perfect sense he wouldn't get a touch there for the last 8 minutes.
    Syracuse made a small adjustment--one of the things that makes their zone so tough, They squeezed their point guys together a little more and the high post flash is not as available. It does open up options in the corner a little more, which we didn't take advantage of, and makes a deeper entry pass from the side possible too, but we only did that once with JP that I could recall.

Wild ending. Dickie V actually said a wise thing--the charge call didn't end the game, Jim Boeheim did. I know a lot of DBR posters like JB because he basks in the aura of working on the national team for K, but I've always thought he was a total tool, and this kinda confirms my thinking. What an idiot. Your team is only down two, the other team is shooting about 50% from the foul line for the game, there are 10 seconds left, a block-charge doesn't go your way, why not pitch a temper tantrum and toss the whole game away?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    Wild ending. Dickie V actually said a wise thing--the charge call didn't end the game, Jim Boeheim did. I know a lot of DBR posters like JB because he basks in the aura of working on the national team for K, but I've always thought he was a total tool, and this kinda confirms my thinking. What an idiot. Your team is only down two, the other team is shooting about 50% from the foul line for the game, there are 10 seconds left, a block-charge doesn't go your way, why not pitch a temper tantrum and toss the whole game away?
    It was actually Bilas that said that.

Quote Originally Posted by vick View Post
    Been nice if Bilas could have admitted it might be a charge; however, the win's great. The ref gas to call a T, not sure what else Boeheim said, but must gave been classic.