Olympics 2024

A good friend recently went to a wedding where an NFL player was also there and strategically took a picture with her sister where the player was "photobombing" them. Though I don't know if "photobombing" requires intention.

Nice article on the SI website about Luol Deng and the South Sudan team. I figured this was the best place to link it.

Playground rules!! Street ball!! South Sudan, a country with no indoor basketball courts, is going to the Olympics.

Admittedly, their best players are playing overseas. But still...

USA vs Canada basketball exhibition tonight - FS1 - 10:30PM EST
Thanks Billy Dat:

The entire US Men's Basketball schedule for the Olympics, including exhibition games (times and channels) can be found in this article:

Larry
DevilHorse

Kawhi Leonard is withdrawing from the team for health reasons.
Replaced by Derrick White.

Outraged that it is not Cooper Flagg!!!!!
angry-mad.gif

Replaced by Derrick White.

Kawhi is load managing in the Olympics now? Clippers are screwed for the next 10 years.

Soon as I saw the news, I was hoping they added another on ball defender/glue guy and White is basically the #1 glue guy in basketball, so it’s a perfect fit. You don’t need more guys who need the ball on this team, so as good as Paolo or Jaylen Brown are, White is the best guy for this job.

I’m happy Cooper will be staying in Durham to continue practicing with Duke and not risking injury in the Olympics. (Same reason Mavs fans everywhere cheered when Slovenia lost in the qualifiers) Both Coop and paolo will have the next 15-20 years to compete with team USA. This is the last dance for LBJ, Curry, KD, etc.

I’m happy Cooper will be staying in Durham to continue practicing with Duke and not risking injury in the Olympics. (Same reason Mavs fans everywhere cheered when Slovenia lost in the qualifiers) Both Coop and paolo will have the next 15-20 years to compete with team USA. This is the last dance for LBJ, Curry, KD, etc.

Agree - Cooper is the center of our universe. We need him playing, bonding and developing on-and-off court chemistry with his Duke teammates as much as possible to maximize our chances this season.

Back