Blue Devils in the NBA 2023-2024

Oh, the highest earners have seen their salaries increase exponentially in the past few decades. The rabble, not so lucky.
All salaries are inflated as best I can tell. The Bulls just signed Jalen Smith, a career backup C, to a 3-year $27 million contract. That's $9 million a year for a guy that gets may 18-20 mpg.

All salaries are inflated as best I can tell. The Bulls just signed Jalen Smith, a career backup C, to a 3-year $27 million contract. That's $9 million a year for a guy that gets may 18-20 mpg.
Yup. Huge Knicks fan. Love Hartenstein. But 3 years, $87 million from the Thunder? Are you kidding me?

There's not only a cap. There is a floor. Some of these contracts are just so the team can get to the floor. Fred VanFleet's contract at Houston was one of those to get to the minimum.

But the guy who will break the record first will be Luka Doncic. He is a free agent next summer and will be able to sign a 5 year deal for something close to $346 million.

Gonna be intriguing if Luka can add a ring to that stash. I like our guy Jayson’s chances of keeping that from happening, but Dallas has some nice pieces with veteran leadership in the backcourt and upcoming paint presence between Kyrie and Dereck.

There is way too much $$$$ in pro sports and the collegiate model is being pulled/ pushed that way which is not a good sign.
But fans of real pro sports aren’t expected to cut checks to recruit players to the team. Also the pros have salary caps and floors as well as contracts. College fans are now expected to pay players who have no contracts and are perpetual free agents.

Back