Page 870 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 37077082086086886987087187288092097013701870 ... LastLast
Results 17,381 to 17,400 of 67403
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    My mother saw the Northern Lights right here in North Carolina once upon a time. I think she was a child, so probably in the later 1920s. Severe solar storms were the cause, I guess. Unusual, but it happens.

Anyone else seen them so far south?
    Actually saw them in Houston about 25-30 years ago. Not very prominent, however, as it was cloudy and we were supposed to only have a smattering on a fluke. I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning, but it was worth it as I can now report it here on DBR. Just a green glow mostly, and lucky to see even that in Houston.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    but it was worth it as I can now report it here on DBR. Just a green glow mostly, and lucky to see even that in Houston.

ricks
    This is what makes the LTE what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    My new guilty pleasure is Better Late than Never. It is pretty bad, but there is something about Shatner, Winkler, Bradshaw, and Foreman together that paralyzes my remote hand.
    Hmmm, you have me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This is what makes the LTE what it is...

How about this: Just discovered big gross ants in my pristine kitchen.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    One year, I returned from Biking Across Kansas to discover that little ants had spent the week removing sugar from my canister (pottery without a great seal). Some appeared to be in charge of removing the sugar from the canister - it was full of ants with a pile down one side of the canister. There was a line of ants moving the sugar from the pile out of the kitchen. I don't think they were very happy when I dumped the contents of the canister and the pile from the counter into the trash and put the empty canister in the dishwasher. I still chuckle about that. Added benefit - I haven't had many ants since that time. Word must have spread that I was an ant murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    One year, I returned from Biking Across Kansas to discover that little ants had spent the week removing sugar from my canister (pottery without a great seal). Some appeared to be in charge of removing the sugar from the canister - it was full of ants with a pile down one side of the canister. There was a line of ants moving the sugar from the pile out of the kitchen. I don't think they were very happy when I dumped the contents of the canister and the pile from the counter into the trash and put the empty canister in the dishwasher. I still chuckle about that. Added benefit - I haven't had many ants since that time. Word must have spread that I was an ant murderer.
    Not to mention all the collateral damage that was the sugar.

I've just realized that when I run across the movie Transformers while channel surfing, I tend to stop to watch it. I'm not sure why.

Should this go in the "We Are Not Alone" thread?

Okay folks, I gotta go to bed. Don't let anything interesting happen, otherwise I feel like I'm missing out.

We've got more than a few taco trucks here in San Antinio. But if you asked the locals, I think they would prefer a barbacoa truck on every corner.

I've just realized that when I run across the movie Transformers while channel surfing, I tend to stop to watch it. I'm not sure why.

Should this go in the "We Are Not Alone" thread?
    Megan Fox?

That scene on the motorcycle...damn.

One year, I returned from Biking...
    Ooh! Biking segue!

I'm sitting by a campfire with three (mostly) sleeping 13 year olds. Enjoying a bit of illicit Four Roses. (Damned campground rules - but they only seem to bust the rowdy ones. Or so experience shows...)

Tomorrow we'll do a 20 or 30 mile mountain bike ride at Allegripis - a really fun set of trails a bit west of Harrisburg, PA, adjacent to Raystown Lake. It's a hoot!

And the rain is staying away! Woot!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Okay folks, I gotta go to bed. Don't let anything interesting happen, otherwise I feel like I'm missing out.

You've missed a few posts and some illicit activity...

You've missed a few posts and some illicit activity...
    Damn, I knew that would happen. Should have stayed up.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Megan Fox?

That scene on the motorcycle...damn.
    Not Megan Fox. However, the leader of the special forces team - yum!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Damn, I knew that would happen. Should have stayed up.
    In Glengarry Glen Ross, it was ABC. Here in the LTE, it is ABP (Always Be Posting).

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Ooh! Biking segue!

I'm sitting by a campfire with three (mostly) sleeping 13 year olds. Enjoying a bit of illicit Four Roses. (Damned campground rules - but they only seem to bust the rowdy ones. Or so experience shows...)

Tomorrow we'll do a 20 or 30 mile mountain bike ride at Allegripis - a really fun set of trails a bit west of Harrisburg, PA, adjacent to Raystown Lake. It's a hoot!

And the rain is staying away! Woot!

-jk
    In Glengarry Glen Ross, it was ABC. Here in the LTE, it is ABP (Always Be Posting).
    I mean heck, jk is posting from the wilds under the influence 😉, surely you can skip a few hours of sleep.

making a blo

I mean heck, jk is posting from the wilds under the influence 😉...
    jk is the man! That's some serious DBR bike cred right there.

Meanwhile, the gosh-darned, yankering, filter-triggering, stupidest stone mason repair guy who ever walked planet Earth is here again, blasting hick cud-chewing music and yawling/yammering incessantly. My last tactic may be to sit and watch him and weep till he finishes. Big, fat rolling tears of woe may shame him into speeding up this months long misery. Either that or it'll be the big house in Leavenworth for me.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Had that last year and got this liquid from Ace Hardware that you put on little cardboard squares around the kitchen floor. The ants love the stuff and track it back to the nest where it kills the queen. It worked very quickly.☺

ricks

We've got more than a few taco trucks here in San Antinio. But if you asked the locals, I think they would prefer a barbacoa truck on every corner.
    That's about the only thing I miss living in AVL-------Texas BBQ.😢

ricks

jk is the man! That's some serious DBR bike cred right there.

Meanwhile, the gosh-darned, yankering, filter-triggering, stupidest stone mason repair guy who ever walked planet Earth is here again, blasting hick cud-chewing music and yawling/yammering incessantly. My last tactic may be to sit and watch him and weep till he finishes. Big, fat rolling tears of woe may shame him into speeding up this months long misery. Either that or it'll be the big house in Leavenworth for me.
    If you should end up in Leavenworth, I'll visit yiu regularly.