Page 834 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 33473478482483283383483583684488493413341834 ... LastLast
Results 16,661 to 16,680 of 67650
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've seen beer brewed with Wheaties (I think) which would truly make it the Breakfast of Champions.

I've also seen peanut butter chocolate porters and read about peanut butter and jelly beers (made with strawberries or raspberries, I think). You'll find Ymm, Beer reviews of the former but not the latter. Yet.

One nano-brewer in Raleigh also has an Imperial Stout brewed with Count Chocula cereal. Another one not yet reviewed/posted by anyone at DBR.

Mattman will be proud as I've introduced beer into yet another thread.
    They did a piece on these beers on Good Morning America this weekend - Wheaties, Toaster Pastries, and Count Chocula.

Thanks for the kind comments about being a teacher. I love it.

New school this year. Everything moved in. Took less than 4 hours from garage to classroom. Last year it took 4 days. Of course last year I had a nasty virus infection that eventually landed me in the hospital, so it's not really a fair comparison.

I don't drink beer, but those flavors are interesting. Reminds me of what Lay's has been doing with weird flavors of potato chips for the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    They did a piece on these beers on Good Morning America this weekend - Wheaties, Toaster Pastries, and Count Chocula.
    https://untappd.com/b/sub-noir-brewi...e-count/494294

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/sub-noir-zee-count/238166/

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...hefeweizen-duh

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communit...ed-ale.327770/

There ya go. Beer, it really is what's for breakfast.

I must admit, I've never heard of the Pop Tart/Toaster Pastry beer and only vaguely recall Wheaties beer. Guess I need to restock my pantry and garage 'fridge...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    I don't drink beer
    Hey Guru, welcome! Thank goodness there's another non-beer drinker here

On my recent cruise (OPK, it was my bar trip), there was a mojito bar with an awesome pineapple coconut mojito. Did I mention unlimited drink package?

And OPK, thanks for the law school props. Next week is back to reality (aka job search)!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Hey Guru, welcome! Thank goodness there's another non-beer drinker here

On my recent cruise (OPK, it was my bar trip), there was a mojito bar with an awesome pineapple coconut mojito. Did I mention unlimited drink package?

And OPK, thanks for the law school props. Next week is back to reality (aka job search)!
    I expect it to be a short search - any firm will be lucky to have you. Do you have a location where you want to practice?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I expect it to be a short search - any firm will be lucky to have you. Do you have a location where you want to practice?
    Is "with a firm that gives me a paycheck" an improper answer?

Seriously, though, since I sat for the CA bar, SoCal is my first choice, followed by Vegas. But if I found something in sports, then clearly I'd be moving wherever.

Unfortunately in this current legal job market, job seekers can't be super picky as they could in the past.

PS DInK and OPK, I'm going to PM you guys something.

If a PBR once in a blue moon qualifies as a beer drinker, then I am one.

Seriously, though, since I sat for the CA bar, SoCal is my first choice, followed by Vegas. But if I found something in sports, then clearly I'd be moving wherever.

Unfortunately in this current legal job market, job seekers can't be super picky as they could in the past.

Very cool, Sue.

UNC may be looking for more lawyers,caught want to shoot a resume over that way too. Although I would hate to root against you and all. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If a PBR once in a blue moon qualifies as a beer drinker, then I am one.
    PBR doesn't. Blue Moon does though.

Very cool!

And that is not an improper answer - it's an honest one.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    PBR doesn't. Blue Moon does though.
    Neither would qualify, IMO.

*paging devildeac*

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

*paging devildeac*
    I've always liked Blue Moon. It is my wife's favorite beer, so I may as well continue to do so.

Seriously, I think a lot more people liked it until they found out Coors made it.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

*paging devildeac*
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I've always liked Blue Moon. It is my wife's favorite beer, so I may as well continue to do so.

Seriously, I think a lot more people liked it until they found out Coors made it.
    Haven't had one in years, but it was a good "starter" beer when I first had one probably 15-20 years ago. Just too many other better beers out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or something like that. If you like budlite and other assorted fake/polyester (credit to TNTDevil for that one)/adjunct lagers like that and are ok with a 0 or n/a rating on ratebeer/beeradvocate, then enjoy your cold beverage.

Hey, mattman, way to get me started on another beer discussion on yet another thread without "beer" in the title.

My Roku arrived today. Watching a little TV.

Haven't had one in years, but it was a good "starter" beer when I first had one probably 15-20 years ago. Just too many other better beers out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or something like that. If you like budlite and other assorted fake/polyester (credit to TNTDevil for that one)/adjunct lagers like that and are ok with a 0 or n/a rating on ratebeer/beeradvocate, then enjoy your cold beverage.

Hey, mattman, way to get me started on another beer discussion on yet another thread without "beer" in the title.
    Now you guys have me even checking out this thread. I'll also drink to that. In fact I will count the Black Cherry Stout I had at One World last night as my toasting beer.

Now, you guys get back to the beer thread where you belong.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Now you guys have me even checking out this thread. I'll also drink to that. In fact I will count the Black Cherry Stout I had at One World last night as my toasting beer.

Now, you guys get back to the beer thread where you belong.

ricks
    There's a Ycch, Beer thread, too.

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...8179-Ycch-Beer!

Fortunately, it's been relegated to page 2 of the OTB.

I should add to that other thread.

Actually, in my experience, beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder...

There's a Ycch, Beer thread, too.

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...8179-Ycch-Beer!

Fortunately, it's been relegated to page 2 of the OTB.
    Unfortunately, I had 2 Sierra Nevada beers last night that belong on that thread. Reminded me of the big American brands.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Actually, in my experience, beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder...
    Nicely done. Now where are those beer goggles?