Page 1833 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 83313331733178318231831183218331834183518431883193323332833 ... LastLast
Results 36,641 to 36,660 of 67403
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm still planning on cashing in big on my 3 Twitter followers.
    You may want to rethink your retirement plan!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You may want to rethink your retirement plan!

Is that a hint that Social Security won't be there for me when I need it?

Best Floyd song?
    I really liked his cover of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=27jEcDoYz2s
    Wait, different Floyd I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hot take. I can't think of any.
    Ahhh, understood, you're in the Clapton is God camp.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I really liked his cover of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=27jEcDoYz2s
    Wait, different Floyd I think.
    Ahhh, understood, you're in the Clapton is God camp.

Is that a hint that Social Security won't be there for me when I need it?
    Buddy, you and me both. I’ve got nearly 30 years left so maybe I should join Twitter as a hedge?

One night I woke up to go to the bathroom
    This is happening to me more often these days...

Buddy, you and me both. I’ve got nearly 30 years left so maybe I should join Twitter as a hedge?
    Yeah, better get started now. If I would have started earlier, I might be up to 6 or 7 followers by now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun. Or, Fearlesss.
    I'm in a Floyd rut, trying to break out of it.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...d-songs-ever/5

I looked this up and listened to at least a bit of most of them. I knew one song. To further demonstrate my dearth of classic rock knowledge, I actually looked up Led Zeppelin by mistake because I'm not really sure I know the difference between the two. I knew 4 of their songs. I think this is incredibly weird for a person in his late 40s. But I am almost completely unaware of either of them.

I think this is incredibly weird for a person in his late 40s. But I am almost completely unaware of either of them.
    Yes, a bit odd, but some of it is influenced by where you were at the time of your more formative years,. I went to a nearly all-white suburban high school in Scottsdale/Phoenix, AZ. We had one school assembly that featured an early speed metal band. For most of us, other forms of music didn't exist.

Yes, a bit odd, but some of it is influenced by where you were at the time of your more formative years,. I went to a nearly all-white suburban high school in Scottsdale/Phoenix, AZ. We had one school assembly that featured an early speed metal band. For most of us, other forms of music didn't exist.
    All of my friends were into classic rock and then hair bands. I was all country, all the time.

This is happening to me more often these days...
    Last two nights have been bad on this front for me, too. Think last night my meal was salty so I guzzled lots of water. Other nights I just don't sleep well so I think, hey, why not go to the bathroom.

Sounds pretty wicked to me.

I have the perfect cure.

Before the COVID lockdown, drummer Nick Mason toured with a band (The Saucerful of Secrets) and you can find their “Live At the Roundhouse” on streaming services. They only play songs from the pre-Dark Side of the Moon catalogue. SonPK and I saw them in Atlanta — a really fun band and show. These guys really breathe new life into an overlooked but rich body of music. I highly recommend.

A preview from the concert video (also available):

This really was the most fun I have had at a concert in years. And I have seen a ton of live shows.

Sounds pretty wicked to me.
    My musical preferences are classic country from circa 1970 (outlaw era) through the mid to late 90s (when George Strait achieved his unparalleled status as the goat) right before Garth and his unconscionable Chris Gaines dalliance which I see as sounding the death knell of traditional country and ushering in the pop-country crapulence on display today. Also a HUGE fan of late 80s to mid 1990s rap, especially the gangster rap era. More West Coast than East Coast. In short, Clemmonsdevil is a study in contrasts.

One of my favorites that most likely don’t know, for example:

Concert video also available:

(Okay, I’ll stop — I was really jazzed by this unexpected joy of a thing. Look forward to their next tour of the States, hopefully in 2022).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Concert video also available:

(Okay, I’ll stop — I was really jazzed by this unexpected joy of a thing. Look forward to their next tour of the States, hopefully in 2022).
    Keep sharing. I am completely unaware of these people. It is good to expand one's musical horizons.

My musical preferences are classic country from circa 1970 (outlaw era) through the mid to late 90s (when George Strait achieved his unparalleled status as the goat) right before Garth and his unconscionable Chris Gaines dalliance which I see as sounding the death knell of traditional country and ushering in the pop-country crapulence on display today. Also a HUGE fan of late 80s to mid 1990s rap, especially the gangster rap era. More West Coast than East Coast. In short, Clemmonsdevil is a study in contrasts.
    A lot of Texas country/red dirt music still leans into the outlaw pretty hard.