Page 1813 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 81313131713176318031811181218131814181518231863191323132813 ... LastLast
Results 36,241 to 36,260 of 67390

Acting

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Tattoos. Hmm.… in my mind I have tattoos equivalent to scars. Nothing wrong with having them, but I don’t ever expect to get up in the morning thinking, “Gotta get me one today”

True story: Told our kids that they were free to get a tattoo. I also mentioned that if you’re old enough to get a tattoo, you’re old enough to pay for college.

With a nod to OPK, I’m also a big fan of Mr. Buffett’s poetic musings
    https://youtu.be/PTs6UY1G9wM

Looking for Doctor Rick's contact info. I'll share in a bit.

Thaw even reached us. We lost Nature’s awning in a 3am thud this morning.

Attachment 12692
    do you have a metal roof? When a few tons of snow slides off a metal roof, it's impressive...

Attachment 12692
    Oh, wow. Where are you?

Attachment 12692
    Whoa! That sucks! Can you do the repairs yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I don't disagree, but Bob DeNiro mailing it in is still better than most people on their best days. And he's kinda taken the Shatner turn with his late career - most of his roles in some way are making fun of his younger self. You do get the feeling that he is decidedly in on the joke and having a blast. "You wanna pay me to mail it in and make a few self-referential jokes? Sure. I'll take your money."
    I agree with all of this. It did jump the shark somewhere along the way for me somewhere because there have been a lot of roles making light of his tough guy/mob persona --- and it's like, okay, I get it.

There are some up and comers that I really like, in addition to the duds.

On that note, one of the actors who passed away too young was Heath Ledger. I was very saddened because I thought he was absolutely brilliant and was eager to see what he was going to do in his career.

Attachment 12692
    Good grief. 77 and sunny here later today and I'm about to go spend the evening in the woods with my brother and nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    do you have a metal roof? When a few tons of snow slides off a metal roof, it's impressive...
    Metal roof Aye. And fortunately, 2x10 rafters.

Built the screen porch after snow falling from the high roof tore the previous deck away from the house.

Built the screen porch after snow falling from the high roof tore the previous deck away from the house.
    Sorry to hear this. And thanks for the reminder of how I'm not cut out for life up there. Hope the repairs go as smoothly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Oh, wow. Where are you?
    Chateaugay Lakes. Between Plattsburgh and Malone.

Semi-recent trivia, we're 17miles west of a famous manhole cover: https://bit.ly/2PObjPk

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Whoa! That sucks! Can you do the repairs yourself?
    Probably - but it'll take about 11 months.

Chateaugay Lakes. Between Plattsburgh and Malone.

Semi-recent trivia, we're 17miles west of a famous manhole cover: https://bit.ly/2PObjPk
    Oh, nice. Pretty area. My wife's parents have friends with a cottage on the St. Lawrence that we get to every once in a while. Little to the west of where y'all are but upstate NY is pretty.

Probably - but it'll take about 11 months.
    Ugggh! I put in new steps on my back porch yesterday and celebrated like I had built the Panama Canal. I lost 27 men building those steps. Good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Sorry to hear this. And thanks for the reminder of how I'm not cut out for life up there. Hope the repairs go as smoothly as possible.
    I may have lent the wrong impression. There's no damage - just a nice little snow pile in the side-house gully. Here's what it looked like from inside:

Nat Picture1.jpg

I recognize the metal roof snow droop...when we put on our metal roof in 2000, the new dynamic of gargantuan, compressed snow avalanches crushed part of our deck, had to re-engineer it. All part of the Winter game.

We are a short distance from you as you peer Eastward...

Ugggh! I put in new steps on my back porch yesterday and celebrated like I had built the Panama Canal. I lost 27 men building those steps. Good ones.
    Again. There's no damage. The 11 months are for mother nature to recreate her artistry.

Though there's some precedence for several more feet of snow after the Ides of March.

Again. There's no damage. The 11 months are for mother nature to recreate her artistry.

Though there's some precedence for several more feet of snow after the Ides of March.
    You have to spell things out for our Clemmons friend. He went to that "skool" down 15-501.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    You have to spell things out for our Clemmons friend. He went to that "skool" down 15-501.
    Shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I tried - even used an emoji.

I tried - even used an emoji.
    Helpful hint: schematics work well for me. Also saying mean stuff about Aimo will get me to pay more attention.