Page 1359 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 3598591259130913491357135813591360136113691409145918592359 ... LastLast
Results 27,161 to 27,180 of 67668
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    So, the Classics scholar who went ahead and applied as a transfer student in the middle of all this has heard from one school so far. He's been accepted at William&Mary (which was his first choice the first time around.) This time around it's not his first choice so he is still waiting to hear from some other places but it does have an archaeology concentration option within the Classics major, so, he's into one! He's very happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    So, the Classics scholar who went ahead and applied as a transfer student in the middle of all this has heard from one school so far. He's been accepted at William&Mary (which was his first choice the first time around.) This time around it's not his first choice so he is still waiting to hear from some other places but it does have an archaeology concentration option within the Classics major, so, he's into one! He's very happy about it.
    Congrats to him!

Great news

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Anyone replaced the drum motor on a GE DVPH890EJMG electric dryer?
    Well, it is working now. But I think it is a sign of the times. The dryer is 11 years old and while I'm not a heavy user time does take its toll.

Well, it is working now. But I think it is a sign of the times. The dryer is 11 years old and while I'm not a heavy user time does take its toll.
    My washer and dryer were not new when we moved into our home nearly 16 years ago. I think they are both at least 25 years old and maybe pushing 30. They break relatively frequently. The hubby goes online to learn how to fix them. And I think - why can't we just buy new ones!?! I mean, yeah, 2 kids in college and one at boarding school, but really, do I have to keep putting up with this? For how long?

Since the shutdown, our dishwasher has died and I can't turn on the oven. My husband can get it to turn on but we can't set the temperature. Everything cooked in the oven is at 350 degrees. Apparently we can't afford a new stove either. I'm just going to wait for travel to begin again and the next time he's down in Maryland, I'm buying a new stove.

Thanks for all the congratulations! I knew he wanted to transfer but he's kind of a stoic. He has a special email account set up just for the application process and but hasn't been interested in checking it. He asked me to keep tabs on it for him. He hasn't been anxious about any of it. He has not been asking me if I'd heard anything, I'm not sure he had even thought about when he might hear. So, when I got the W&M email last night, I thought he'd take it kind of in stride, but no, big smile, jumped up off the couch to hug me and thank me for helping him (read: pushing him to meet the deadlines).

My washer and dryer were not new when we moved into our home nearly 16 years ago. I think they are both at least 25 years old and maybe pushing 30. They break relatively frequently. The hubby goes online to learn how to fix them. And I think - why can't we just buy new ones!?! I mean, yeah, 2 kids in college and one at boarding school, but really, do I have to keep putting up with this? For how long?

Since the shutdown, our dishwasher has died and I can't turn on the oven. My husband can get it to turn on but we can't set the temperature. Everything cooked in the oven is at 350 degrees. Apparently we can't afford a new stove either. I'm just going to wait for travel to begin again and the next time he's down in Maryland, I'm buying a new stove.
    After watching a few videos, I'm thinking, heck I can do this. I mean, I am cutting my own hair now.

It's a symptom of the YouTube phenomenon. Now, anyone can make anything last longer! All you need is very specific tools you don't have, and three full days of tinkering.

Congrats to your scholar-son BD.

Pierces Pitt Barbeque, remember that name, and yes two ts.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Congrats to your scholar-son BD.

Pierces Pitt Barbeque, remember that name, and yes two ts.
    Just like Brad.

Just like Brad.
    Brad who???

Brad who???
    OK, just like Doug. (Brad's brother.) Either a brush with greatness or a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon story. My husband's cousin played on the same Little League team as Brad Pitt and his brother Doug. Doug and my husband's cousin are life-long friends and Doug was a groomsman at his (2nd) wedding in 2014. So, I've met Brad Pitt's brother.

OK, just like Doug. (Brad's brother.) Either a brush with greatness or a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon story. My husband's cousin played on the same Little League team as Brad Pitt and his brother Doug. Doug and my husband's cousin are life-long friends and Doug was a groomsman at his (2nd) wedding in 2014. So, I've met Brad Pitt's brother.
    So...? Dish!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    So...? Dish!
    Agreed, where is the inside scoop here?

"What's the frequency, Kenneth?"

“See the cat? See the cradle?”

Anyone replaced the drum motor on a GE DVPH890EJMG electric dryer?

After watching a few videos, I'm thinking, heck I can do this. I mean, I am cutting my own hair now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's a symptom of the YouTube phenomenon. Now, anyone can make anything last longer! All you need is very specific tools you don't have, and three full days of tinkering.
    Parts ordered!!!

I assume this is a hybrid Phillips - Robertson screw. Thoughts?

478328EC-F73C-458E-85FD-BA696761AE65.jpg

I assume this is a hybrid Phillips - Robertson screw. Thoughts?

478328EC-F73C-458E-85FD-BA696761AE65.jpg
    Olympus Mons? That was my first thought.

C1E9F7F8-1F24-45F1-A474-3F6A06573988.jpg