Page 1310 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 3108101210126013001308130913101311131213201360141018102310 ... LastLast
Results 26,181 to 26,200 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Buicks weren't always for the "Geritol" generation:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hemi...ick-gs-vs-gtx/

It was also well known that the Buick Grand National (X) or GNX with a little tuning was the fastest thing coming out of the Detroit factories in the '80s.
    That's it, that's all i've got.

Well, the dwindling supply of aftermarket body panels for older cars may be dropping to zero. For those hankerin' to restore an old Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac, parts just got harder to find. I wonder if this is due to sourcing issues in Asia? With that said, the value of my GS 455 convertible project just went up if I'm willing to sell it in pieces.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/page/...ed-gm-car.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. That's a land ship.
    Some people really like the land barges. Many of the 50s cars look even bigger. What I don't know for certain is how the stack up next to today's Suburban?

Some people really like the land barges. Many of the 50s cars look even bigger. What I don't know for certain is how the stack up next to today's Suburban?

Want a land yacht? The old Pierce Arrow was longer - and taller - than a Suburban.

At 19 feet, the Pierce-Arrow is two feet longer than a Dodge Grand Caravan or Lincoln Navigator. It dwarfs most cars. "You're taller than any SUV, which must annoy the hell out of them," Waddell said.
    -jk

Now it is timemfor some Sinatra:

My mom's favorite song. Phyllis played it at her funeral.

My dad went to Michigan. Younee played The Victors on the pipe organ at his service.

Good job upping the post count, Ymo.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good job upping the post count, Ymo.
    I wish all involved would reach a truce. I know everyone has noble purposes and all, but neither thread is as organic as they were before the great arms posting race. Post padding just to pad on either thread really detracts from both to me.

No disrespect to Ymo, fuse, dd, or others. It's all just very tiresome IMHO. But perhaps I'm the only one that feels that way.

(Anyway -- y'all can come stand on my lawn if you want but please keep your so-called "music" down after 11 pm).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I wish all involved would reach a truce. I know everyone has noble purposes and all, but neither thread is as organic as they were before the great arms posting race. Post padding just to pad on either thread really detracts from both to me.

No disrespect to Ymo, fuse, dd, or others. It's all just very tiresome IMHO. But perhaps I'm the only one that feels that way.

(Anyway -- y'all can come stand on my lawn if you want but please keep your so-called "music" down after 11 pm).

It’s still better than the beer thread though....talk about boring ...😞😞

Interesting Chris Cornell mashup of One by U2 and Metallica at the Beacon Theatre a few years ago. Camera work is not steady. But it is about the music, right?

I have to spread some sporks...
    Thank you for posting this. I had not seen it before. It's fantastic!

So I take it no one really wants to know that I'm cooking shrimp oyster and crab gumbo for dinner.
    I've been kidding myself?
    Which I'm also pretty good at doing that's true...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So I take it no one really wants to know that I'm cooking shrimp oyster and crab gumbo for dinner.
    I've been kidding myself?
    Which I'm also pretty good at doing that's true...
    It depends. Are you inviting us to join you for dinner?

I think I've been running on autopilot for the last 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    It’s still better than the beer thread though...talk about boring ...����
    Both threads are good IMO.

The great thing about DBR is that it is poster-driven, not article-driven like most sports chats. So there is something for everyone. There are plenty of threads that simply have no interest for me ("let's guess how many minutes everyone will play" tops my chart) so I just ignore those even though others find it wildly entertaining. To each their own.

That's my two cents, for what little it is worth.

Oh, and GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I think I've been running on autopilot for the last 2 hours.
    We didn't lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We didn't lunch
    Dammit.

Might be able to next week. If anything, maybe we can meet up for a beer before the game on Monday? Then again, you may not want to drink beforehand since you get free beer at the game. You lucky son of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Want a land yacht? The old Pierce Arrow was longer - and taller - than a Suburban.

-jk
    Yes, they are quite large. But also for a very well to do person. The ‘50s and ‘60s brought big cars to the masses.

I attended the 2012 Ault Park Concours d’Elegance with one of my cars. I have a feeling the Duesenbergs were the most massive cars there.

http://cincyconcours.com/carsbyclass.asp?txt_year=2012&txt_class=AP2&txt_cl assname=Feature%20Marque%20%96%20A%20Century%20of% 20American%20Power%20-%20%20Classic%20Power%20%201925%20%96%201948

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    I have to spread some sporks...
    Thank you for posting this. I had not seen it before. It's fantastic!
    Blind squirrel, acorn, that sort of thing. Glad you enjoyed it. I won’t mention how many of the 672 views are me...

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    It’s still better than the beer thread though...talk about boring ...😞😞
    Ouch. Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to do better!

SAPD Car Show