Page 680 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 18058063067067867968068168269073078011801680 ... LastLast
Results 13,581 to 13,600 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Everybody here should be rooting for Carol Hannah in next week's Project Runway finale - her inspiration for her collection? The architecture of Duke University.
    I like her best of the three anyways.

Was kind of surprised they didn't at least ask Jordana to create a 4th collection for one last pre-Bryant Park competition - they've done that the past couple of seasons.

Everybody here should be rooting for Carol Hannah in next week's Project Runway finale - her inspiration for her collection? The architecture of Duke University.
    Never watched it but may have to tune in. When is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday, Sue! May the day be filled with joy and happiness.

Happy Birthday, Sue71!! And thousands more!!!

(In other news, I guess I should change my avatar...)

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Happy Birthday, Sue71!! And thousands more!!!

(In other news, I guess I should change my avatar...)
    Perhaps a Steel Curtain?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Perhaps a Steel Curtain?
    A bit presumptuous at this stage of the season, although I do have a nice one of the 6 Lombardis blended into a photo of the Point in early evening, so it looks like the trophies are very large skyscrapers in downtown Pittsburgh. I had that as my wallpaper; too big for an icon.

I think I'm going to do some recycling and go with a movie theme. You can never go wrong with the classics.

I got to go to a cool fundraiser tonight. It was held in a private home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright with the original furnishings. Very nice with a great view of the city. Although, the KC Skyline isn't that distinctive. there were a lot of lights looking down from the cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I got to go to a cool fundraiser tonight. It was held in a private home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright with the original furnishings. Very nice with a great view of the city. Although, the KC Skyline isn't that distinctive. there were a lot of lights looking down from the cliff.
    That *does* sound cool. I love Wright's works, but particularly his furniture designs.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately, due to work, I've been forced to postpone my birthday a week until 11/20. Please repost all wishes and send gifts for arrival on 11/20.

(While I am serious about work and my choice of postponing the celebration for a week, I kid about the rest. I think. )

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately, due to work, I've been forced to postpone my birthday a week until 11/20. Please repost all wishes and send gifts for arrival on 11/20.

(While I am serious about work and my choice of postponing the celebration for a week, I kid about the rest. I think. )
    How nice of you to choose to celebrate your b-day on the same day as mine. We can celebrate together!

Hope however and whenever you choose to celebrate, you have a fabulous time!

Brady > Manning

Manning>>>>>Brady
    FACT

It's a tough weekend to be a Duke Fan.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Brady> Manning until he wins 2 more Super Bowls. FACT! Regular season is just that, the regular season. (And Brady has done what he's done playing in friggin' New England! Have you seen Manning playing outside? In January?) I'm depressed today but mostly I blame Belichick (WHAT!?!). Yeah, I said it.

I'm depressed today but mostly I blame Belichick (WHAT!?!). Yeah, I said it.
    mostly? That was the most idiotic and arrogant call I've seen a coach make in a long time...

In other news, it's Monday. Normally I hate Mondays, but I'm ok with today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    mostly? That was the most idiotic and arrogant call I've seen a coach make in a long time...
    Then you don't understand football. See the other thread for a clear explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Then you don't understand football. See the other thread for a clear explanation.
    i completely understand the arguments in the other threads and i do understand football. IMO with 2 minutes to go in the game, making them drive ~80 yards is a better option than a 50% chance of making the first down.

maybe im just bitter though because the touchdown catch by wayne made me lose my fantasy football game

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    maybe im just bitter though because the touchdown catch by wayne made me lose my fantasy football game
    Oh man, I'm sorry, that's tough. I feel for you. I don't play fantasy football but my husband does, so, I completely understand. You may call Belichick as many names as you like.

I'm not as depressed as I was.

In good news, my Duke-Carolina play will be getting a Boston are production in January, so yea! And please, if you know any Boston area Duke fans, I need to recruit an audience so that most people actually get all the jokes. If you've never come out to see my work, now is the time people, now is the time. (There is an audience choice award at this theater festival too.) Remember, this play is Coach K approved.

I'm not as depressed as I was.

In good news, my Duke-Carolina play will be getting a Boston are production in January, so yea! And please, if you know any Boston area Duke fans, I need to recruit an audience so that most people actually get all the jokes. If you've never come out to see my work, now is the time people, now is the time. (There is an audience choice award at this theater festival too.) Remember, this play is Coach K approved.
    Yaaaaaaaay! Congrats!