Page 2505 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15052005240524552495250325042505250625072515255526053005 ... LastLast
Results 50,081 to 50,100 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Seriously? Why?
    I didn’t think anybody hated Wake Forest.
    I hate them. Their fans are uppity. UNC then Wake.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I met some Wake Forest alums up here in the Boston area once. We were talking ACC hoops before they realized which ACC school claimed my allegiance. They were talking about the uppity, snooty Duke types until I told them that I was one. One of them told me that I was the nicest Duke alum they'd ever met. I thanked them then asked them how many Dukies did they actually know. Answer - not many. I said that I was more representative than they had been lead to believe. I then told them, as gently as I could, that growing up in Durham, Wake Forest types were the snooty ones.

I do explain to my New England friends that if they ever decide to move to North Carolina, they will be forced to pick a team. I tell them that if they really want to be left mostly alone, claim to pull for Wake. I say, "People will look at you funny, but they won't give you much grief."

Good W.

You gotta lotta splainin to do.
    It is supposed to be full in the blank. Le Word turned into Wordle.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    It is supposed to be full in the blank. Le Word turned into Wordle.
    Ah. Yes. I am unaware of this wordle thing.

Ah. Yes. I am unaware of this wordle thing.
    Wordle 3/3:

B2A7B7CD-A1FD-470D-874F-D0C4041EE660.jpg

Seriously? Why?
    Pretty sure they are Switzerland. Heard it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Pretty sure they are Switzerland. Heard it somewhere.
    They can go to hell. Hate Wake. I like Forbes a lot and like this version as a team. Hate Wake fans. 2nd worst.

Also Wake Forest is the ACC team I hate 2nd most.
    Seriously? Why?
    Because it's my alma mater, that's why!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I met some Wake Forest alums up here in the Boston area once. We were talking ACC hoops before they realized which ACC school claimed my allegiance. They were talking about the uppity, snooty Duke types until I told them that I was one. One of them told me that I was the nicest Duke alum they'd ever met. I thanked them then asked them how many Dukies did they actually know. Answer - not many. I said that I was more representative than they had been lead to believe. I then told them, as gently as I could, that growing up in Durham, Wake Forest types were the snooty ones.

I do explain to my New England friends that if they ever decide to move to North Carolina, they will be forced to pick a team. I tell them that if they really want to be left mostly alone, claim to pull for Wake. I say, "People will look at you funny, but they won't give you much grief."
    They can go to hell. Hate Wake. I like Forbes a lot and like this version as a team. Hate Wake fans. 2nd worst.
    I have to admit, I hate Wake fans, too. They are stupid. I would to to games with friends from the W-S area, lifelong WFU fans, and they were the worst! They would boo every single call, even if it was an obviously good call. A friend started screaming at the ref after a foul was called on a Wake player. I said, "What? He fouled the crap out of him!" She shot me a deathray look. Like I was a traitor for saying that.

Plus they are very whiny, like most of their players last night. They need to get over that.

They are also completely unimaginative. Boring cheers, and when they started copying Duke cheers, and I laughed at them for it, well, it did not go over well.

I had a good friend on campus who was the son of a prominent Duke law professor. We would sit by ourselves at the Duke-Wake basketball games so we could cheer on the Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have to admit, I hate Wake fans, too. They are stupid. I would to to games with friends from the W-S area, lifelong WFU fans, and they were the worst! They would boo every single call, even if it was an obviously good call. A friend started screaming at the ref after a foul was called on a Wake player. I said, "What? He fouled the crap out of him!" She shot me a deathray look. Like I was a traitor for saying that.

Plus they are very whiny, like most of their players last night. They need to get over that.

They are also completely unimaginative. Boring cheers, and when they started copying Duke cheers, and I laughed at them for it, well, it did not go over well.

I had a good friend on campus who was the son of a prominent Duke law professor. We would sit by ourselves at the Duke-Wake basketball games so we could cheer on the Devils.
    It's definitely not because you went there. It's because I have seen so many games there and the fan base is so stinking negative. N.c. State fan base can be this way as well.

anyone who eats BBQ with tomato sauce has to be considered suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    anyone who eats BBQ with tomato sauce has to be considered suspect.
    That is the truth!!! I had a couple of guy friends who wanted to go eat BBQ one night at a place they had found. One had lived all over the country and one was from NJ. Being from Durham, I was staring at the gloppy red pile of "meat" on my plate and asking, "Why is there BBQ sauce all over the slaw?!?" I don't think they ever asked me out to eat with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    That is the truth!!! I had a couple of guy friends who wanted to go eat BBQ one night at a place they had found. One had lived all over the country and one was from NJ. Being from Durham, I was staring at the gloppy red pile of "meat" on my plate and asking, "Why is there BBQ sauce all over the slaw?!?" I don't think they ever asked me out to eat with them again.
    You try to lead people to culture, but you can't force it. I hit Lewis bbq for brisket and hot guts and I hit Rodney Scotts for pork bbq last weekend. Amazing. Simply amazing.

I think there's room in this world for many different styles of barbecue. Having now sampled it all across this great land, I think my favorite is Kansas City-style. Love those dry-rubbed beef ribs. Like y'all, I also love Eastern NC style, but I also like the stuff with the red sauce.
    South Carolina with that weird white orangey stuff can eff right off, though. Oddly, I like all the individual components of the sauce, but I have no use for SC barbecue, especially if purveyed by that Maurice a-hole.
    Come to think of it, I have no use for pretty much the entirety of South Carolina, Charleston and environs excepted.

I think there's room in this world for many different styles of barbecue. Having now sampled it all across this great land, I think my favorite is Kansas City-style. Love those dry-rubbed beef ribs. Like y'all, I also love Eastern NC style, but I also like the stuff with the red sauce.
    South Carolina with that weird white orangey stuff can eff right off, though. Oddly, I like all the individual components of the sauce, but I have no use for SC barbecue, especially if purveyed by that Maurice a-hole.
    Come to think of it, I have no use for pretty much the entirety of South Carolina, Charleston and environs excepted.
    Myrtle Beach does have some very good golf courses, there's that.

GoDuke!

I will never give Maurice a dime. But Rodney Scott's Whole Hog is simply amazing. He also uses a peppery, vinegar sauce and not the mustard sauce. I am definitely in agreement that all the iterations of BBQ are great and I loathe ideological purity when it comes to BBQ. I am a brisket person. And word on the streets is Lewis's is the best. Charleston has an amazing food scene, but people have the tendency to eat someone's take on fried shrimp/crab cakes/shrimp and grits. All delicious, but the best BBQ in the country may be in that city.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Myrtle Beach does have some very good golf courses, there's that.

GoDuke!
    I just can't get passed it's history of pot bellies and bud light bottle cap nipple cover bikinis.

I will never give Maurice a dime. But Rodney Scott's Whole Hog is simply amazing. He also uses a peppery, vinegar sauce and not the mustard sauce. I am definitely in agreement that all the iterations of BBQ are great and I loathe ideological purity when it comes to BBQ. I am a brisket person. And word on the streets is Lewis's is the best. Charleston has an amazing food scene, but people have the tendency to eat someone's take on fried shrimp/crab cakes/shrimp and grits. All delicious, but the best BBQ in the country may be in that city.
    Good recs. I've actually not eaten much (any?) BBQ in Charleston; I tend to be in the mood for seafood & soul food when I go there. I mourn Jestine's Kitchen, for example.

Good recs. I've actually not eaten much (any?) BBQ in Charleston; I tend to be in the mood for seafood & soul food when I go there. I mourn Jestine's Kitchen, for example.
    And Hominy Grill. I get it. But BBQ for lunch and seafood for dinner is my usual down there. Love Leon's.