Page 1680 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 68011801580163016701678167916801681168216901730178021802680 ... LastLast
Results 33,581 to 33,600 of 67397
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You don't get an assist for a missed shot and stick back. I take back the winner post.
    Yeah, yeah, I missed that one, badly. But, in my defense, I am supposed to be working right now.

I once ate at Outback, where there was some deal that included "free beer" with meal. It only included Bud Light. Or a free Coke if you didn't want beer. I told the waiter I'd take Coke, b/c I'd probably get a bigger buzz off of it.

maybe I should say I intentionally left that one hanging for OPK to slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Yeah, yeah, I missed that one, badly. But, in my defense, I am supposed to be working right now.

I once ate at Outback, where there was some deal that included "free beer" with meal. It only included Bud Light. Or a free Coke if you didn't want beer. I told the waiter I'd take Coke, b/c I'd probably get a bigger buzz off of it.
    yes, I managed one Outback meal, that was sufficient.

An alley-oop assist.

(most of my game is above the rim, anyways)

We went on a winery tour around our area with some friends. Hired a driver and everything. My buddies wanted to grab beer and I handed them a $20 assuming they could handle the responsibility while I visited the facilities. They came back with a case of Bud Light. I drank none of the beer I paid for, and sat in silent judgment for the rest of the trip.

We went on a winery tour around our area with some friends. Hired a driver and everything. My buddies wanted to grab beer and I handed them a $20 assuming they could handle the responsibility while I visited the facilities. They came back with a case of Bud Light. I drank none of the beer I paid for, and sat in silent judgment for the rest of the trip.
    You felt the need to buy beer on a winery tour?

You felt the need to buy beer on a winery tour?
    Rednecks. I hang out with competitive drinkers. You don't get good at it by doing it halfway.

For the upcoming Virtual Beer Pub, I asked if "not Bud Light" was a specific enough category. (I am more of a wine drinker so it is a risk they took by asking me to host.)

I ended up with wine barrel aged beers as the category. We will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    For the upcoming Virtual Beer Pub, I asked if "not Bud Light" was a specific enough category. (I am more of a wine drinker so it is a risk they took by asking me to host.)

I ended up with wine barrel aged beers as the category. We will see how it goes.
    Look forward to the zoom, even if I'm toting water. A great category!!!!

(I am more a wine and spirits drinker than beer, but they tolerate me relatively politely in the VP's).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    No, it's deeper than that IMO. I thought the premise would run thin pretty quickly, but the writing and cast are very good and it is not a one-dimensional show.
    My take, at least.
    Seconded! It's terrific! If you can't trust your chum OPK, who can you trust?! It is laugh out loud funny and also poignant at times. Can't wait for the rumored next season.

OPK, the scene where Higgins is practicing his upright base, good lord did we laugh.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Seconded! It's terrific! If you can't trust your chum OPK, who can you trust?! It is laugh out loud funny and also poignant at times. Can't wait for the rumored next season.

OPK, the scene where Higgins is practicing his upright base, good lord did we laugh.
    Great scene!

My understanding is that the second season is in production (or pre-production whatever that is), and that the show is planned for a three-season story arc and conclusion. Always, of course, subject to change.

You know we were ill behaved in the POTUS thread if Bostondevil is so disgusted by us right now she isn't posting in her own thread. I feel like we should buy her a nice fern or something.

You know we were ill behaved in the POTUS thread if Bostondevil is so disgusted by us right now she isn't posting in her own thread. I feel like we should buy her a nice fern or something.
    Send her yarn - I think she would appreciate it much more than a fern.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Send her yarn - I think she would appreciate it much more than a fern.
    Maybe something for the guineas?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Maybe something for the guineas?
    Yikes. They prefer "Italians".

DABF07A6-1938-448B-9ADE-891B6B974D5F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pride of Wilkes County

Pride of Wilkes County
    There are lions in North Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    And tigers and bears, oh my! We aren't in Kansas any more, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Do mountain lions count?

Or catamounts?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Do mountain lions count?

Or catamounts?

-jk
    I made a New Years resolution to stop making cougar jokes. So, here I am, 25 days in standing on the precipice staring into a black pit and you come along like King Leonidas about to kick me into it...