Page 145 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 45951351431441451461471551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 67361
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    We accepted an offer on our house. It looks like ILoveJimmy, LegacyLady (T 2018?)*, and I will leave for good the environs of Atlanta Aug. 16th.

<snip>

* That would be our daughter (and NO, she is not old enough to post on the DBR). When you combine our family with that of the devildeacs, our daughter might rack up a ton of legacy points (and hence the nickname here).
    1) Congrats! Hope the run up to and through closing goes smoothly.

2) You better keep that young lady away from DBR. What she learns about her father and his associates from these threads may keep her from ever wanting to attend Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    How do you find the thread post count?

And also, would you rather have three ears or a somewhat important (though not absolutely essential...think spleen, or second kidney) body part that wasn't actually attached to your body, thus requiring you to keep up with it or deal with some unpleasant consequences if you lost it?
    Nevermind...I found the counter. My second question, however, still stands.

And also, would you rather have three ears or a somewhat important (though not absolutely essential...think spleen, or second kidney) body part that wasn't actually attached to your body, thus requiring you to keep up with it or deal with some unpleasant consequences if you lost it?
    Instructions on finding this information are earlier in the LTE. Just go back and look.

Three ears. You could have fun accessorizing.

Need more info. Do you have two "normal" ears and a third similar ear placed elsewhere, such as your left cheek? Is your hearing improved?

Can you sell the extraneous body part? How does it do any good if detached?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Need more info. Do you have two "normal" ears and a third similar ear placed elsewhere, such as your left cheek? Is your hearing improved?

Can you sell the extraneous body part? How does it do any good if detached?
    The ear would probably be right above one of your existing ones (or perhaps just fore/aft of it). Your hearing might improve some, but not to superhuman levels or to any degree of annoyance or anything. Mostly it would be a "dude, that dude/chick has three ears!" kind of thing.
    You could sell the extraneous body part, but it would presumably put you in contact with some seedy characters, a la selling an organ or something on the black market. Much like organs, it would never pass muster with the Ebay people or anything like that.
    As for how it does any good while detached, just don't worry about that. "Would you rather?" is a game that requires a very willing suspension of disbelief and/or a willingness to flout logic sometimes. Just roll with it.

Is a duck considered an organ? How many ears does the duck have? Can the tail double as an ear? So many questions . . .

Placing the third ear next to one of the other two seems somewhat inefficient. Maybe you can draw up a large "map" of the body, like a big chalk outline, and let the duck walk around until he/she does poopies. Then the poop marks the spot of the third ear. Q.E.D.

For what it's worth, I've heard of a third wheel, but I've never heard of a third ear.

Man, I didn't realize that so few people were well-versed in "Would you rather?". There is way too much deconstruction going on right now.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I better watch out for Fish80 and devildeac as you're closing on my tail, duck or otherwise.

To continue Wilson's revival of the thread:

devil's food cake or drakes devil dogs?
    devil dogs

lte

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Last time someone set their sights on me...oh never mind.
    they saw your nice duck tail

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Is a duck considered an organ? How many ears does the duck have? Can the tail double as an ear? So many questions . . .

Placing the third ear next to one of the other two seems somewhat inefficient. Maybe you can draw up a large "map" of the body, like a big chalk outline, and let the duck walk around until he/she does poopies. Then the poop marks the spot of the third ear. Q.E.D.

For what it's worth, I've heard of a third wheel, but I've never heard of a third ear.
    how about a cochlEAR?

lte

sheesh, take a few hours off to work and fall way behind Fish80 on the leader board

lte

A fish won't do anything but swim in a brook
    he can't write his name or read a book
    to fool the people is his only thought
    and though he's slippery he still gets caught
    but if then that sort of life is what you wish
    you may grow up to be a fish
    (music)
    a new kind of jumped up slippery fish
    Last edited by devildeac; 07-21-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: answers the Fish80 question in #2667

lte

I feel like EarlJam now (now THAT is a REAL scary thought) with a long string of consecutive posts. However, most are not answering myself but replies to other posters and questions. With a serious dollop of PW'ing also, of course/.

lte

narrowing the gap dramatically in just a few short minutes...

Hey, Fish80, do you hear footsteps?

lte

OK, enough of this, back to the "ymm, beer" thread...

lte

no, wait a minute, that ties up the #8 spot here, I think

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    There are currently 28 folks that have posted in this thread exactly once. How is that possible? I mean really, can you quit this thread?

LTE, I don't know how to quit you.

Which begs the question, Ledger (were he still alive) or Gyllenhaal?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    LTE, I don't know how to quit you.

Which begs the question, Ledger (were he still alive) or Gyllenhaal?
    Indifferent...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    narrowing the gap dramatically in just a few short minutes...

Hey, Fish80, do you hear footsteps?
    Can fish hear?