Page 2492 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 14921992239224422482249024912492249324942502254225922992 ... LastLast
Results 49,821 to 49,840 of 67649
    Today's pleasant surprise came meeting with the new accountant (old one retired to play with horses) and when he found out I went to Duke that's all he would talk about. 25 of 30 minutes wallowing in the glory that is Duke. Unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Today's pleasant surprise came meeting with the new accountant (old one retired to play with horses) and when he found out I went to Duke that's all he would talk about. 25 of 30 minutes wallowing in the glory that is Duke. Unexpected.
    If only I could bill all my time that way...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    100%. Much prefer the heat.
    Not I. I have started to wither in the heat. Can't take it like I used to. I don't particularly care for extreme cold, either, but I can always put on more layers and drink another cuppa. You can only take off so much before being arrested.

100%. Much prefer the heat.
    The problem is, in this part of the country the heat comes with humidity. A dastardly combination in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Not I. I have started to wither in the heat. Can't take it like I used to. I don't particularly care for extreme cold, either, but I can always put on more layers and drink another cuppa. You can only take off so much before being arrested.
    Thus is why, when we had Chiefs season tickets, we got our seats on the shady side. You can always put on another layer, but there is a limit to what you can/should take off in public.

Did he do some of that special “accounting” once he found out he liked you? A lot of people don’t know there’s accounting for most of us schmucks and then there’s “accounting” for the insiders.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did he do some of that special “accounting” once he found out he liked you? A lot of people don’t know there’s accounting for most of us schmucks and then there’s “accounting” for the insiders.
    he didn't, but my understanding is that the IRS budget has been so curtailed that you pretty much have to call them up and ask for an audit or you won't get one. This guy was big into The Golf, and loved playing at Duke; I told him I got PE credit for playing the course which somewhat astounded him (do people know what PE is these days?)

he didn't, but my understanding is that the IRS budget has been so curtailed that you pretty much have to call them up and ask for an audit or you won't get one. This guy was big into The Golf, and loved playing at Duke; I told him I got PE credit for playing the course which somewhat astounded him (do people know what PE is these days?)
    Professional eggplant.

I could MC Hammer my taxes. Sounds like a challenge

(do people know what PE is these days?)
    Pulmonary embolism?

(do people know what PE is these days?)
    Pulmonary embolism?
    Price to earnings?

PE credits were no longer required by the time I got to Duke, but I earned one anyway (they were each worth 1/2 credit by this point) by learning to fly fish and ride horses.
    I don’t fish much anymore (I get bored), but I still love to ride and do so several times a year. My wife and I have hit some really cool trails in some really cool places. I’m very glad I took the opportunity to learn that skill.

Here’s a shot of me in North Dakota, just outside of Theodore Roosevelt National Park:
    9CC09334-B2A8-43B3-A641-B442F796CA40.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    PE credits were no longer required by the time I got to Duke, but I earned one anyway (they were each worth 1/2 credit by this point) by learning to fly fish and ride horses.
    I don’t fish much anymore (I get bored), but I still love to ride and do so several times a year. My wife and I have hit some really cool trails in some really cool places. I’m very glad I took the opportunity to learn that skill.

Here’s a shot of me in North Dakota, just outside of Theodore Roosevelt National Park:
    9CC09334-B2A8-43B3-A641-B442F796CA40.jpg
    Nice. TR National Park is on my list. North Dakota is one of the few states I need to check off. How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Nice. TR National Park is on my list. North Dakota is one of the few states I need to check off. How was it?
    TRNP is an absolute gem. The North Dakota badlands are a beautiful and unique landscape...quite different than the South Dakota badlands, so it's very much worth seeing both. Whereas the SD portion basically looks like Mars, all striated red rock and whatnot, the ND section has the same bumpy, layered rocks, but with much more interspersed green. It's also big sky country, so the vistas are just wonderful. Really good wildlife as well...copious bison, prairie dogs, jackrabbits, etc. Finally, it's pretty close to empty. We were there in mid-June, which is very much high season in the national parks, and felt like we just had the place to ourselves. So much quietude and so many places to just tromp off into a meadow and watch the critters do their thing. We loved it.

TRNP1.jpg

TRNP3.jpg

TRNP2.jpg

new food discovery, a Grouper Reuben!

I am having a cinnamon raisin English muffin, toasted, with CRUNCHY pb and eucalyptus honey. Nummy.

new food discovery, a Grouper Reuben!
    To me, this sounds like a crime against both grouper and Reubens.

To me, this sounds like a crime against both grouper and Reubens.
    Yup. Seems fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I am having a cinnamon raisin English muffin, toasted, with CRUNCHY pb and eucalyptus honey. Nummy.
    We don’t welcome your kind here. Take your nuts and go hang with the rest of the savages.

TRNP is an absolute gem. The North Dakota badlands are a beautiful and unique landscape...quite different than the South Dakota badlands, so it's very much worth seeing both. Whereas the SD portion basically looks like Mars, all striated red rock and whatnot, the ND section has the same bumpy, layered rocks, but with much more interspersed green. It's also big sky country, so the vistas are just wonderful. Really good wildlife as well...copious bison, prairie dogs, jackrabbits, etc. Finally, it's pretty close to empty. We were there in mid-June, which is very much high season in the national parks, and felt like we just had the place to ourselves. So much quietude and so many places to just tromp off into a meadow and watch the critters do their thing. We loved it.

TRNP1.jpg

TRNP3.jpg

TRNP2.jpg
    Great pictures! Yes, I’ve spent some time in the SD badlands and it’s like an alien landscape. TR looks pretty darn pleasant and that’s awesome how empty it was. Sometimes the NPs can get ridiculous but it doesn’t surprise me TR is less crowded. What a treat!

I used the ignore function for the first time ever on DBR.