Page 243 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1431932332412422432442452532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hey Ymo, think you could read a part in a play? Seriously. I'm way beyond hitting the panic button, I need warm male bodies (who doesn't) to read the 9 parts in the play reading I'm producing next Tuesday night, 10/28, in Newburyport. The parts are all Navy men and it's set in WWII. Actually there's one Army Lieutenant. Yes, I know, you're not an actor, but really, how hard could it be?

(More details? It is a public reading - that means an audience - and the playwright will be there. There is a discussion session afterwards.)
    Ymo read it-clap, clap,clap/clap/clap

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    C'mon Ymo, do it!!!

Though, BD, I think if you used women to read the parts, it would give a twist to the play no one was expecting.
    The playwright has given me permission to use women, it's just that this is the first read through in front of an audience, it won't be rehearsed, music stand style means the actors basically just sit and read. Well, I think using women in the men's parts will confuse the issue too much and the playwright won't get the right kinds of feedback.

Believe me, if I thought I could make it work with women, I would.

I should probably add, it's not one of my plays. The playwright is driving down from Maine for this reading.

Maybe you could write a play that is an all male cast, but use female actors. Think of the possibilities.

Raise your hand if you think I've given Ymo a good fright here the week before Halloween.

Raise your hand if you think I've given Ymo a good fright here the week before Halloween.
    He has been rather scarce around these threads lately...

Check your PMs...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Check your PMs...
    You're not going to share your thoughts with the rest of us, your bestest friends in the whole wide world?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    He has been rather scarce around these threads lately...

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated...

(though snopes says this is a misquote of sorts of Twain)

Okay folks, I'm officially taking a potential short leave of absence from DBR and the LTE. I'll be in Chicago at GraphExpo, back on Thursday. While there'll be plenty of wireless, I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out how to open my laptop when I get back to my room every night. I may pop on, who knows. Either way, you all will be missed.

You're not going to share your thoughts with the rest of us, your bestest friends in the whole wide world?
    Haha...um, no

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Okay folks, I'm officially taking a potential short leave of absence from DBR and the LTE. I'll be in Chicago at GraphExpo, back on Thursday. While there'll be plenty of wireless, I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out how to open my laptop when I get back to my room every night. I may pop on, who knows. Either way, you all will be missed.
    Have a good time.

Have a good time! Don't forget to bring us all souvenirs from your trip!

Eek... I hope all goes well. Please take notes on the specialty brews that you consume there (you are our Ymm, Beer reporter from Chicago). That should help your post count upon your return.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Eek... I hope all goes well. Please take notes on the specialty brews that you consume there (you are our Ymm, Beer reporter from Chicago). That should help your post count upon your return.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Excellent suggestion. He should be able to sample Goose Island, Bell's, New Glarus and a bunch of other local and regional favorites.

What? No Miles for a week! I need to sit down.

Ymo said yes. Hope he doesn't mind me telling everybody. As a former army guy, he's being very gracious in agreeing to play a naval officer.

Ymo said yes. Hope he doesn't mind me telling everybody. As a former army guy, he's being very gracious in agreeing to play a naval officer.
    Yeah Ymo! Who knows, this could be a whole new career for you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Excellent suggestion. He should be able to sample Goose Island, Bell's, New Glarus and a bunch of other local and regional favorites.
    Ignore the Goose Island aand Bell's if found only in bottles. If on draught, START REPORTING.

I'd concentrate on the hard-to-find New Glarus and other regional specialties.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Yeah Ymo! Who knows, this could be a whole new career for you.
    Ummm...uhhhh...noooooo.

It does state in my contract that they can only use one word to describe my performance and it must be chosen from the following three:

Masterful, brilliant, oustanding