Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I am going to assume this record will never be broken.

Duke player, who played in at least one NBA game, with the most career Duke teammates to play in at least one regular season NBA game.

Grayson Allen - 15

Quinn Cook, Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow, Jah Okafor, Amile Jefferson, Marshall Plumlee, Semi Ojeleye, Luke Kennard, Brandon Ingram, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, Frank Jackson, Gary Trent Jr., Wendell Carter Jr., Marvin Bagley

Potential Addtions - 7
    Chase Jeter, Javin Deslaurier, Marques Bolden, Jack White, Derryck Thornton, Trevon Duval, Alex O'Connell
    Maybe that says something about Grayson?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe that says something about Grayson?
    It says that he was the rare NBA talent who stayed 4 years at a one-and-done school. Once the NBA gets rid of the age restriction, I think Grayson will own this record for all time. I didn't check any of the Cal-era Kentucky guys because I don't think there are any who stayed for 4 years and played in the NBA.

Amile Jefferson has played in an NBA game and played at Duke with 17 future NBA players.

Seth Curry, Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly

Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood, Andre Dawkins

Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow, Quinn Cook

Brandon Ingram, Marshall Plumlee

Luke Kennard, Jayson Tatum, Frank Jackson, Harry Giles

Grayson Allen

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Amile Jefferson has played in an NBA game and played at Duke with 17 future NBA players.

Grayson Allen
    Amile!!!!!!! I forgot about the redshirt!!!!!!! That makes me want to double check this against Alex Poythress of Kentucky for the most all time!!!

Maybe 18?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Grayson Allen
    Technically, Semi Ojeleye should count too.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Technically, Semi Ojeleye should count too.
    Thanks. So that's 18. If any of Marques Bolden, Javin DeLaurier, Jack White, Chase Jeter, Derryck Thornton, Rasheed Sulaimon or Matt Jones ever makes it to the NBA, then that number goes even higher.

Since Shelden Williams left town 12+ years ago, Duke has had five players (300+ minutes) with season-long block% above 6.0%:

2018 Wendell Carter: 7.6%
    2018 Marques Bolden: 7.5%
    2007 Josh McRoberts: 6.9%
    2009 Brian Zoubek: 6.5%
    2010 Mason Plumlee: 6.1%

So far this season, the current Duke team has four guys with a block% above 6.0%:

Marques Bolden: 12.0%
    Javin DeLaurier: 7.3%
    Zion Williamson: 6.7%
    Jack White: 6.2%

In that same 12 year span, Duke has had four players (300+ minutes) with a steal% above 3.0%:

2014 Tyler Thornton: 3.8%
    2013 Tyler Thornton: 3.4%
    2007 Dave McClure: 3.3%
    2011 Seth Curry: 3.2%

So far this season, the current Duke team has five players with a steal% above 3.0%:

Cam Reddish: 4.5%
    Zion Williamson: 4.4%
    Alex O'Connell: 3.8%
    Javin DeLaurier: 3.5%
    Tre Jones: 3.2%

In Duke history (since 1987), only one Duke player has had both a block% above 6.0% and a steal% above 3.0%, and that player was Shavlik Randolph in 2005 (6.7% blk% and 3.2% stl%). So far this season, we have two: Zion and Javin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    In Duke history (since 1987), only one Duke player has had both a block% above 6.0% and a steal% above 3.0%, and that player was Shavlik Randolph in 2005 (6.7% blk% and 3.2% stl%). So far this season, we have two: Zion and Javin.
    This is unreal. Is it sustainable though? Might be difficult keep that up against the top offenses in the ACC.

Shav?! Wow. Raise your hand if you had that answer before Kedsy posted.

::sits on hands::

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    This is unreal. Is it sustainable though? Might be difficult keep that up against the top offenses in the ACC.
    Yeah, who can say? On the other hand, there is some logic to the idea that a team filled with freshmen and guys with fewer than 550 career minutes prior to November (Marques had the most career minutes on the team coming in, with 530 followed by Javin with 505, Alex with 373, and Jack with 220) and a combined nine starts (Javin 5, Marques 3, Alex 1) would improve defensively over the course of the season. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You need to bookmark this page.

If I read the table correctly, the last season without ten wins is 1927-28, when Duke won only five games, although our record was a winning 9-5. So it seems like 91 years. (But maybe I read the table wrong.)
    That page has been taken down and a new site put in its place.

http://goduke.com/DukeMBBStats

But the new site has its shortcomings and some new features. You decide what you like.

You can make comments to to Ryan Craig, GoDuke's director of digital strategy, if you like. ryan.craig@duke.edu

Or, I guess, we could post our own comments here on this thread.

Dukembb had this tweet last night after the game:

🚀🚀🚀🚀
    🚀
    🚀
    🚀
    🚀🚀🚀🚀 ION

1st Duke player with 3⃣0⃣ points, 🔟 boards, 5⃣ dimes in Coach K era https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1...214400/photo/1

And I swear I saw another tweet that said he’s the first player since 1995 that had 25,10,5. Not sure why, but that sounded like Cherokee Parks, so I looked it up and the Chief had a great game against Carolina in February 1995. That was the 102-100 loss aka the Chapel Shot game.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Dukembb had this tweet last night after the game:

🚀🚀🚀🚀
    🚀
    🚀
    🚀
    🚀🚀🚀🚀 ION

1st Duke player with 3⃣0⃣ points, 🔟 boards, 5⃣ dimes in Coach K era https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1...214400/photo/1

And I swear I saw another tweet that said he’s the first player since 1995 that had 25,10,5. Not sure why, but that sounded like Cherokee Parks, so I looked it up and the Chief had a great game against Carolina in February 1995. That was the 102-100 loss aka the Chapel Shot game.
    I’ll admit it. One reason I loved seeing Zion’s 360 tomahawk in Cameron is that it knocked Jerry Stackhouse’s 1995 baseline dunk down a peg on the all-time Cameron dunk list.
    Last edited by cato; 01-09-2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Fixed the identity of dunker in question

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’ll admit it. One reason I loved seeing Zion’s 360 tomahawk in Cameron is that it knocked Rasheed Wallace’s 1995 baseline dunk down a peg on the all-time Cameron dunk list.
    Stackhouse’s
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Amile!!!!!!! I forgot about the redshirt!!!!!!! That makes me want to double check this against Alex Poythress of Kentucky for the most all time!!!
    Intrigued by your Alex Poythress comment I checked his roster of teammates. Interestingly I found out that he only played 4 seasons at UK (including his injury shortened season). By my count he played with 16 teammates who played an NBA game

Archie Goodwin, Kyle Wiltjer, Nerlens Noel, Willie Cauley-Stein
    Julius Randle, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Dakari Johnson, James Young
    Karl Anthony Towns, Trey Lyles, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis
    Jamal Murray, Skal Labissiere, Isaiah Briscoe

The only potential addition would be Charles Matthews (transferred from UK to MICH)

Doesn't look like he has a chance to top Amile's 18 NBA teammates
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Doesn't look like he has a chance to top Amile's 18 NBA teammates
    Amile may want to pivot to financial planning once his playing days are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Stackhouse’s
    yeah, that one....

Since Shelden Williams left town 12+ years ago, Duke has had five players (300+ minutes) with season-long block% above 6.0%:

2018 Wendell Carter: 7.6%
    2018 Marques Bolden: 7.5%
    2007 Josh McRoberts: 6.9%
    2009 Brian Zoubek: 6.5%
    2010 Mason Plumlee: 6.1%

So far this season, the current Duke team has four guys with a block% above 6.0%:

Marques Bolden: 12.0%
    Javin DeLaurier: 7.3%
    Zion Williamson: 6.7%
    Jack White: 6.2%

In that same 12 year span, Duke has had four players (300+ minutes) with a steal% above 3.0%:

2014 Tyler Thornton: 3.8%
    2013 Tyler Thornton: 3.4%
    2007 Dave McClure: 3.3%
    2011 Seth Curry: 3.2%

So far this season, the current Duke team has five players with a steal% above 3.0%:

Cam Reddish: 4.5%
    Zion Williamson: 4.4%
    Alex O'Connell: 3.8%
    Javin DeLaurier: 3.5%
    Tre Jones: 3.2%

After the FSU game, here are selected players' block% and steal%:

block%
    -------
    Marques: 11.7% (falling the last few games but still well ahead of Shelden Williams's Duke record of 10.6%)
    Javin: 6.9%
    Zion: 6.5%
    Jack: 5.9%

steal%
    -------
    Cam: 4.3% (now behind Wojo's Duke record of 4.5%)
    Zion: 4.2%
    AOC: 3.7%
    Javin: 3.5%
    Tre: 3.3%

After Tre's 7 assist, 1 TO performance against Wake, his a/to ratio is now 5.93:1.
    After Tre's 6 assist, 1 TO performance against FSU, his a/to ratio is still 5.93:1

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    After the WF game, Zion's PER (Player Efficiency Rating) now sits at an insane 44.43.
    Zion's nation-leading PER is now 42.6.

Not as impressive but he's #8 in the country in oRating, at 134.4

According to GoDuke.com, Alaa's 20 straight is an ACC record. GoDuke.com also said Javin had made 16 straight going into last night (which would give him 19 straight now), but I've checked the box scores, like 10 times, from several different sources, and he's only had 15 straight going into last night, thus giving him 18 straight now.
    Javin did not attempt a shot against FSU, so he still sits at 18 straight made FGs.

Zion also leads the nation in a couple other esoteric advanced stats:

BOX PLUS/MINUS (BPM): Zion currently leads the nation with 21.2

This stat is different from "real" plus/minus, but I don't know how it's calculated. It has both offensive and defensive components. The #2 player in the nation in this stat is Gonzaga's Brandon Clarke, with 18.8

To put Zion's performance into perspective, I went back 8 years (to 2010-11, as far back as I could find this stat) and assembled Duke's top 10 (at least 300 minutes):

2011 Kyrie Irving: 14.3
    2018 Wendell Carter: 13.5
    2013 Ryan Kelly: 11.3
    2015 Marshall Plumlee: 11.3
    2015 Jahlil Okafor: 10.9
    2011 Ryan Kelly: 10.8
    2013 Mason Plumlee: 10.7
    2018 Marvin Bagley: 10.7
    2011 Mason Plumlee: 10.5
    2011 Javin DeLaurier: 10.5

So Zion's current BPM of 21.2 is basically 1.5x the best BPM in Duke's (recent) history.

Javin DeLaurier's current BPM of 14.4 would be on pace to set the Duke record, if not for his teammate Zion. Also not including their current teammates, Marques Bolden and Jack White would be tied for 3rd on the "all time" (9 year) list, with 12.5.

WIN SHARES PER 40: Zion leads the nation with 0.386

Another stat I don't know how to calculate. The #2 player in the nation in this stat is also Gonzaga's Brandon Clarke, with .329 (great but still significantly behind Zion).

I have this stat back 20 years (to 1999). Here are Duke's top 10 in the 20 year period:

1999 Elton Brand: .350 (this should put Zion's current .386 in some perspective)
    2002 Carlos Boozer: .343
    2004 Shelden Williams: .328
    2011 Kyrie Irving: .320
    2005 Shelden Williams: .305
    2006 Shelden Williams: .305
    2001 Shane Battier: .298
    2009 Brian Zoubek: .279 (note this is NOT 2010 Brian Zoubek, who was good in this stat (.231) but not close to top 10)
    2010 Jon Scheyer: .265
    1999 Shane Battier: .263
    1999 Corey Maggette: .263

Anyway, since Zion is leading the nation in these two stats and on pace to shatter the Duke records in both stats by a significant amount, I thought it might be of interest in this thread.

After the FSU game, ...

After Tre's 6 assist, 1 TO performance against FSU, his a/to ratio is still 5.93:1
    Pretty amazing a guy can't raise his a/t ratio after delivering 6 assists and making only 1 turnover.