Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    #tradeingram is top trending on Twitter. As a Lakers fan I think it’s time to admit he isn’t going to be tge star in LA people thought he would. He just isn’t an alpha.
    to be fair, it's hard to be the alpha when Lebron is on your team. Ingram was progressing very nicely from his rookie year, which was better than ok, to last year, which was really quite good. The addition of LBJ has changed everyone's role on the team, including Ingram. No player has ever withstood Lebron's presence to be as much of a focus as they were prior to his arrival. Part of the issue for Ingram is that he and Lebron play a very similar position/role, and Lebron may be the greatest ever at that position/role.
    Trading Ingram may in fact be a good thing for LAL to do, but not b/c Ingram isn't good enough to keep, but b/c his profile overlaps so much withe new, better guy.

How old is Ingram? How old is Labron? Is trading Ingram a good move?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Great point Indoor66. It might be a good trade for Ingram if he lands on the right team. I think he will be a good NBA player and some team will be lucky to land him. GoDuke!

Depends. If you think LeBron gives you the better chance to win championships while he is here than Ingram will while he is here, and if you think that Ingram and LeBron don’t fit well together, then it may well make sense to trade Ingram for a better-fitting piece.

If you think Ingram will develop into a game-changing talent and don’t think you can compete for a title while LeBron is there, then trading Ingram doesn’t necessarily make sense.

I tend to think the former is more likely than the latter. Not saying they should trade Ingram, but I tend to lean towards maximizing their chances while they have the game’s best player.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Depends. If you think LeBron gives you the better chance to win championships while he is here than Ingram will while he is here, and if you think that Ingram and LeBron don’t fit well together, then it may well make sense to trade Ingram for a better-fitting piece.

If you think Ingram will develop into a game-changing talent and don’t think you can compete for a title while LeBron is there, then trading Ingram doesn’t necessarily make sense.

I tend to think the former is more likely than the latter. Not saying they should trade Ingram, but I tend to lean towards maximizing their chances while they have the game’s best player.
    It's the Lakers and glamour-mad Los Angeles. They added Wilt later in his career to team with West and Elgin, Kareem after he spent a few years with the Bucks, and Shaq after he left the O's. And they allowed Kobe to keep playing when his value had diminished. They would never keep Ingram and trade LeBron, unless LeBron was totally washed up.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    It's the Lakers and glamour-mad Los Angeles. They added Wilt later in his career to team with West and Elgin, Kareem after he spent a few years with the Bucks, and Shaq after he left the O's. And they allowed Kobe to keep playing when his value had diminished. They would never keep Ingram and trade LeBron, unless LeBron was totally washed up.
    Oh they definitely aren’t trading LeBron. I was under the assumption that the question was whether or not to keep a potentially-ill-fitting-but-talented Ingram for when LeBron leaves/retires or trade Ingram to maximize chances at titles while they have the league’s best player. LeBron was a given in both scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I’ve read Sam Harris’s book, Waking Up, but never listened to the podcast. The book is very interesting.
    Gonna have to give it a try!
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Mr. Justise Winslow continuing his point guard tear (raise your mitt if you saw this coming) with 13 points, 10 assists and 1 turnover last night...and he's only 22, even though he looks 35.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Mr. Justise Winslow ...and he's only 22, even though he looks 35.
    I assume you mean he looks poised, and confident. I honestly don't know any 35 year olds who have the physical presence of justise!

Luke Walton: Lakers 'need more passion' from Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram...

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Ingram is best when he has the ball in his hands, but when the ball is in his hands, it isn't in Lebron's hands and that is a problem. I mean, arguably the best stretch of Ingram's career was when he was playing PG when Lonzo was out last season. But, other than when BronBron is taking a break, there's no way you can put the ball in Ingram's hands a lot because you are neutering the most effective offensive weapon in the game by not using Lebron to his fullest.

The pity for the Lakers is that, if you believe the reports, they could have gotten Kwahi for Ingram (and a pick or two) a year ago. Now, they may still get Kwahi this coming summer, but that is far from a sure thing. If they had Kawhi right now, I think the Lakers would be a major title contender.

-Jason "Duke is such a great PG school, even guys who were not PGs here turn into great NBA PGs " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

SubZero off to a great start in Houston
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...ouston-rockets

I wish I had NBA All Access as they play Denver tonight...

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/0...ne-passes.html

The Oak wasn’t waived today so he is guaranteed for the season. Good for him.

In the last nine games, Okafor has played eight times and has increased his production with 7.6 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. He’s coming off playing a season-high 19 minutes in the Pelicans' 133-98 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday”.

Tonight he played 24 mins...

Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ingram is best when he has the ball in his hands, but when the ball is in his hands, it isn't in Lebron's hands and that is a problem. I mean, arguably the best stretch of Ingram's career was when he was playing PG when Lonzo was out last season. But, other than when BronBron is taking a break, there's no way you can put the ball in Ingram's hands a lot because you are neutering the most effective offensive weapon in the game by not using Lebron to his fullest.

The pity for the Lakers is that, if you believe the reports, they could have gotten Kwahi for Ingram (and a pick or two) a year ago. Now, they may still get Kwahi this coming summer, but that is far from a sure thing. If they had Kawhi right now, I think the Lakers would be a major title contender.

-Jason "Duke is such a great PG school, even guys who were not PGs here turn into great NBA PGs " Evans

Ingram gets 29 points tonight with over 50% shooting.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Ingram gets 29 points tonight with over 50% shooting.
    He also had 6 assists. Ball in his hands a lot is a good thing for his game.

Now, let’s see if he can do it when Lebron comes back...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He also had 6 assists. Ball in his hands a lot is a good thing for his game.

Now, let’s see if he can do it when Lebron comes back...
    Yeah. Really, really hard to do when you never, or rarely, see the ball...

Yeah. Really, really hard to do when you never, or rarely, see the ball...
    Someone else said it perfectly upthread - playing with LeBron makes role players much better, but stars worse. And I think Ingram has star potential.

As a suffering Wizards fan, I couldn't say yes fast enough to a potential trade of Ball and one of Ingram/Kuzma/Hart for John Wall, particularly if it's Ingram or Kuzma. Doubt it will happen now with Wall's surgery and the likely result of the Wiz playing better without him.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/...ngton-wizards/

yeah, if Lebron doesn't want Ingram, he'll presumably find a better home...