Page 1348 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 3488481248129813381346134713481349135013581398144818482348 ... LastLast
Results 26,941 to 26,960 of 67415
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have you ever watched In Bruges in Bruges?

Lovely place. Have a painting of it in one of my bathrooms so I think of it often.
    Watched it before I went to Bruges. And have DBR to thank, because I had planned to stay in Brussels and one or more DBR folks suggested Bruges or Ghent. I really get good travel info on DBR, we are a well-traveled and diverse group.

Love Bruges, my trip there was just a year ago:

9F0EE846-FB89-48D4-880C-25BAB8DE421E.jpg

Not sure why the photo is upside-down, pretty sure I was not THAT drunk.

F3D6E58A-ECC1-4477-88F5-A0F1B22E3017.jpg

SonPK acting like Ray (Colin Farrell) in Koningin Astridpark. Lots of nooks and crannies.

Not sure why it’s sideways, he wasn’t THAT drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

For some reason most of the message boards(car ones so lots of pictures) struggle with maintaining picture orientation particularly from unedited cell phone pics. I usually go in and trim the minutest edges from the pic and the boards seem to have little issue getting the orientation correct from the edited pic.

F3D6E58A-ECC1-4477-88F5-A0F1B22E3017.jpg

SonPK acting like Ray (Colin Farrell) in Koningin Astridpark. Lots of nooks and crannies.

Not sure why it’s sideways, he wasn’t THAT drunk.
    See my prior post. Now, if they are off a desktop, I think the prior solution still works.

Smoking a wagyu brisket (packer cut), started about nine hours ago. Trading some for green beans and potatoes Au gratin from a family with which we often dine. Good stuff.

But also hoping for the family who makes the ridiculously good mac-n-cheese to offer a trade too. That’s who the kids are pulling for.

Should I make burnt ends, or just do that side as a fat cut? Made some bbq sauce just in case I do the burnt ends (and the other bbq sauce I have is a N.C. vinegar sauce for pulled pork, the way God intended).

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My husband likes to watch Rick Steves in the evenings. Me? Right now, wonderful footage and descriptions of places I cannot go anytime soon are a bit depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Parting sounds for the night:

Willie Nelson is an icon. He can sing with a wide variety of singers and sound great.

Interesting mixture of people on the video. Guessing it was soon after 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    My husband likes to watch Rick Steves in the evenings. Me? Right now, wonderful footage and descriptions of places I cannot go anytime soon are a bit depressing.
    Begin your planning now?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Willie Nelson is an icon. He can sing with a wide variety of singers and sound great.

I think it was the 10 year anniversary of September 11th.

Begin your planning now?
    Delta just extended rescheduling of flights until 9/22. Gonna need to cancel flights I had to Prague this summer, so need to figure out — where, and when?

Begin your planning now?
    I mean, yeah. Bruges has been on the list for awhile, that's what reminded me to post about it. Number 2 son called to chat last night. He turned in his paper on the Chartres Cathedral for his art history class. I asked him if he wants to see it in person. Answer, yes. (He loves church architecture. I want him to see the Bath Abbey, my favorite church in the world.)

I mean, yeah. Bruges has been on the list for awhile, that's what reminded me to post about it. Number 2 son called to chat last night. He turned in his paper on the Chartres Cathedral for his art history class. I asked him if he wants to see it in person. Answer, yes. (He loves church architecture. I want him to see the Bath Abbey, my favorite church in the world.)
    Bruges is awesome.

France is awesome. Never been to Chartres, but been all around it (Paris, Saumur, Bayeux).

Travel is my thing. Really hoping to get the opportunity soon. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Have you ever watched In Bruges in Bruges?

Lovely place. Have a painting of it in one of my bathrooms so I think of it often.

Watched it before I went to Bruges. And have DBR to thank, because I had planned to stay in Brussels and one or more DBR folks suggested Bruges or Ghent. I really get good travel info on DBR, we are a well-traveled and diverse group.

Love Bruges, my trip there was just a year ago:

Whoa. How did you know I had an upside down picture of that exact angle in my bathroom? That's some eerie stuff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Oooh, The Descent is one of the best pure horror movies in recent years (is it even still recent?). Not gruesome violence or jump scares - straight old school scary monster movie.
    Came out in 2005 so 15 years...yeah, suppose it's not recent. It's one of our favorite horrors and very re-watchable. I at least need to be somewhat interested in the characters to "care" about horror flicks and the Descent did that for me, along with a great premise, superb plotting, and crazy creatures. I believe the movie took place in your neck of the woods, too. Appalachian mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

He is also amazing live.

Yes. I had a random thought the other day about what I would give to spend one day at the beach. I've been rather bummed out since.

My parents really started traveling after I graduated from college. Here is your graduation gift, we won't be at home we'll be in Australia. They've hit every continent now with the Antartica disclaimer. Close enough to swim to it and touch it but not on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. I had a random thought the other day about what I would give to spend one day at the beach. I've been rather bummed out since.
    They appear to be open further south.

Spring ends today for us, high of 60F. Tomorrow a high of 90.

They appear to be open further south.
    My sort of beach is perfect for social diatancing where I can walk for hours and not see anyone. Not Jacksonville, with people rushing towards the ocean en masse.

I suspect that won't end well.

Spring ends today for us, high of 60F. Tomorrow a high of 90.
    It just stopped snowing here. I'd say we got 3 inches. Didn't stick to the streets though so no plowing necessary. Or shoveling. Thank goodness.