Page 1087 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 87587987103710771085108610871088108910971137118715872087 ... LastLast
Results 21,721 to 21,740 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Arrgh, lash him to the mizzen mast!!

(I have no idea if that even makes sense.)
    Why didn't the pirate take a shower before walking the plank?

He figured he'd just wash up onshore.

Arrrgh.

Why did the pirate give up golf?

Because he had a terrible hook.

Arrrgh.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    What I thought were strawberry Pop Tarts ended up being raspberry. I'm mildly disappointed.
    Just what are you trying to say?

As long as you can prove that you were actually eating the PopTart with absolute expectation of a strawberry PopTart, and that a witness can back you up on that, when and if you can pass a lie detector test given by that guy at the Kroger's where you might have purchased the box of PopTarts we'll hold off on your PopTart shenanigans.

You might make national headlines, or at least the local AutoSeller in Battle Creek, MI.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm flying to Durham tomorrow.

I've been to Battle Creek. In winter...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've been to Battle Creek. In winter...
    With a candlestick?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    With a candlestick?
    Okay, that one went rightover my head. Went with a truck and a trailer to pick up a 1968 Pontiac Firebird parts car. It had unique driver and passenger windows.

Okay, that one went rightover my head.
    Sorry, I thought you were playing Clue.

Sorry, I thought you were playing Clue.

Ahhh, Clue. I loved the game and the first movie was okay. Definitely times gone by.

A couple at church are short term guardians of a new born. She had an appointment for a bone density test this morning and asked if there was anyone that might be available to meet her there and watch the baby while she went in for the test. I think I only knocked over 5 people so I could be the first volunteer. Making the "supreme sacrifice" of taking time off work, I watched a 3 week and 1 day old little girl - I'm just sorry the test didn't take longer. What a joy!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    A couple at church are short term guardians of a new born. She had an appointment for a bone density test this morning and asked if there was anyone that might be available to meet her there and watch the baby while she went in for the test. I think I only knocked over 5 people so I could be the first volunteer. Making the "supreme sacrifice" of taking time off work, I watched a 3 week and 1 day old little girl - I'm just sorry the test didn't take longer. What a joy!
    What a rewarding thing to do!

What a rewarding thing to do!
    I really admire them for taking on the responsibility for 3 months for a stranger to them. I would have a hard time giving the baby up at the end of the time. I hope things work such that they can all keep in touch or get periodic updates on how the little girl is doing.

Freaking Amazon, or more like freaking UPS. UPS may be surpassing USPS in my book for the worst delivery service. Not the first... not the second... not even sure how many times it’s been that they delivered my packages to the wrong house. I live in a townhouse, but it’s not rocket science. On the side of the building with 2 house numbers, there are 2 doors. My number is not on that side of the building. My number is the only one on the other side of the building, and the only door. It’s not freaking rocket science. I’ve complained to Amazon before but whatever deal they’ve got going must be the best thing since sliced bread. Grrrrrr.

I hear you, sue. Years ago I gave up on UPS and the postal service and just had stuff delivered to work. Guess that depends on your workplace. too.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I hear you, sue. Years ago I gave up on UPS and the postal service and just had stuff delivered to work. Guess that depends on your workplace. too.
    Sometimes I have stuff delivered to work when my wife needs to not know that I ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Sometimes I have stuff delivered to work when my wife needs to not know that I ordered it.
    It had better be a nice surprise present for her or I'm tellinnnnnnnnngggggggg.....

It had better be a nice surprise present for her or I'm tellinnnnnnnnngggggggg...
    "don't perform random acts of Weezie"

I have things delivered to work if the package is valuable or alcohol. Someone over 21 needs to be available to sign for the latter.

I had a big box of items from King Arthur Flour delivered to my house once - I did get a few chuckles thinking about how disappointed a porch thief would be if they had taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Babies are so cute at that age. Hope no one took an elbow...

Babies are so cute at that age. Hope no one took an elbow...
    I was at bell practice so, if anything, they would have gotten a bell over the head. Good thing I wasn't playing any of the bass clef bells - they are a lot heavier.