Page 1089 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 89589989103910791087108810891090109110991139118915892089 ... LastLast
Results 21,761 to 21,780 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Feeling Serendip(ity)-ous this evening.

I’ll stand by my assessment this is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert beer.

Loads of apple, cranberry and cinnamon just explode on the tongue.

🍻🍻🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://gearpatrol.com/2019/10/02/be...eptember-2019/

Double Two Hearted??????? 😍😍😍😍😍🤤🤤🤤

Can’t wait to find some.
    Thanks for sharing!

This is now on my "find" list, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Another new to me beer from Yuengling:

https://www.yuengling.com/our-beer/y...?back=seasonal

Yuengling Hershey’s Chocolate Porter? Yes, please.
    Another beer on the "find" list. I haven't had a Yuengling Porter in many, many years. This sounds intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Ardent X IPA, from the accfan collection. I have decided I’m a massive fan of Citra and Mosaic hops. Bright yellow with a bit of haziness. Terrific bite and bitterness. The IPA market is super-crowded, but this is a standout. Cat 3. Really enjoyed it.
    I had a pint can of this last PM-great minds and all that stuff...

IPA X-Ardent Craft Ales

Canned on
    07/26/2019 16:12
    L1

Poured with vigor into a standard pint glass with a resultant generous, foamy head. Fairly sharp pineapple and grapefruit aromas which preceded a combination of blended tropical juiciness, some orange and papaya (neither added) flavors along with a bit of resin and some rind and pith. I'm amazed the IBUs are only 10-I'd have guessed 50-60 range. ABV was 7.1%. I'm not going to go quite Cat 3 on this but it's very close and I'd certainly order more of this, but, it's likely a one-off, and will certainly continue to trade/pay for whatever accfanfrom1970 places in his shopping cart from Ardent, Veil, Hardywood and Vasen.

Now available from The Bruery in pint cans instead of 750 ml bottles:

So
    Happens
    It's
    Tuesday

$15

On tap at Bottle Revolution now:

Truepenny Pilsner

• 5.5% ABV

• Allagash Brewing Company

• Portland, ME

WTH? Allagash brews a pilsner?

Now this sounds real interesting:

Cabernet BA Edinbrue Scotch Ale

• 9.5% ABV

• Brüeprint Brewing Company

• Apex, NC

Their BBA Edinbrue was excellent so I may try to sample this after work today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Now this sounds real interesting:

Cabernet BA Edinbrue Scotch Ale

• 9.5% ABV

• Brüeprint Brewing Company

• Apex, NC

Their BBA Edinbrue was excellent so I may try to sample this after work today or tomorrow.
    I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that some of these have found their way to you in the past...

https://www.guinnessbrewerybaltimore.com/beers-on-tap

Guiness milk stout in Baltimore?
    Road trip?

Even more Richmond

The Veil’s “IDon’tWantToBU3” IPA. A triple dry hopped IPA. Pours almost like a bright yellow milkshake IPA. Lots and lots of rich citrus fruits on the nose. Terrific, mouth-watering acidity on the palate. Nice bite to the hops, but fabulously counterbalanced by the citrus. Another fantastic pint that (for me) clears the Cat 3 bar.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

The Veil’s “IDon’tWantToBU3” IPA. A triple dry hopped IPA. Pours almost like a bright yellow milkshake IPA. Lots and lots of rich citrus fruits on the nose. Terrific, mouth-watering acidity on the palate. Nice bite to the hops, but fabulously counterbalanced by the citrus. Another fantastic pint that (for me) clears the Cat 3 bar.
    This was the beer for me that would convince anyone who didn’t like IPAs to come on down and join the party. 0 ibu’s, and as I told Devildeac, “just so drinkable.”

I recall (perhaps incorrectly) that some of these have found their way to you in the past...
    I recall some barrel-aged version of this in the past but can't remember whether it was cab or bourbon barrels. When you find/trade sooooo many wonderful beers with me, it's a bit difficult to remember exactly which ones . I'll do a bit of research and circle back on this later tonight or in the AM .

https://www.guinnessbrewerybaltimore.com/beers-on-tap

Guiness milk stout in Baltimore?
    Road trip?
    Guinness? Brewed in MD? WTH??

Actually, when our younger daughter and her husband visited the Guinness warehouse (storehouse?) in Dublin (not Ohio ) last month, they had a regular Guinness on draft and then an exotic from Nigeria .

Plenty of new purchases to share/trade before the tailgate Saturday.

Rumor has it the semi-legendary budwom will be at our tent sometime Saturday evening with fine local ales in hand to sip and share...

Great minds and all that stuff...

IdontwanttoBU!3-The Veil Brewing

Credit-accfanfrom1970; many thanks-again!!
    Format-pint can
    Canned on-(two adjacent black lines composed of dots on bottom of can so who the hell knows)
    Stemware-standard pint glass
    Appearance-a pineapple milkshake
    Nose-citrus, melons and stone fruits
    Mouthfeel-smooth; absolutely agree with the "bite" and "counterbalance" above
    Tastes-peaches, tangerines, cantaloupe, orange and pineapple
    IBU-accfanfrom1970 thinks this is 0 and he may be correct but feels/tastes more like 30-40, like a NEIPA or milkshake IPA
    ABV-6.9%
    Overall impression-an outstanding IPA in a very crowded field as TW posted yesterday about another beer, IIRC
    Ymm, Beer rating-totally agree with TW above and his Cat 3 designation

Raspberry Short Kate made a brief visit tonight. RJ199 previously reviewed and I'm too tired now to type another one but I will in the AM .

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hope we don't have to remind him too often...

You oughtta try to find a 500 ml bottle of the Rum Barrel-Aged Pumking. Shared a bottle last year with devildeac2. Really good stuff.
    Got one in the fridge. But tonight I just had an outstanding Fuse Category 3 all-the-way BBA Sexual Chocolate 2017 from Tripping William. Thanks!! It was amazing. To do a fuse style side-by-side tasting I'm now drinking the 2019 newly released version.

My brain is Dixie Classic Fair-fried and sleep deprived so I'm still not posting any reviews of any quality. But my initial reviews are that the 2019 version tastes much more like good coffee and good chocolate. The 2017 version from T-Will tastes more like bourbon first and immensely drinkable. The 2017 version was, to me, significantly better. But I like good bourbon and barrels better than chocolate and coffee. If you prefer the latter you would probably like the 2019 better.

So for me Fuse Category 2 for new 2019 BBA Sexual Chocolate which was still very good. The 2019 has a beautiful DARK chocolate finish. Just not so much bourbon with that one IMO.

ps - go Duke! I'm drinking these now because I'm trying to lose a pie to 4Gen in another thread so I don't need beers to pair with pie right now. I gotta save those calories for all the beer in my fridge.

Sorta meh this trip. Had mostly tasters.

(1) Port City (Alexandria, VA) Oktoberfest wasn’t all that. It would have been DNP in the Virtual Pub. No depth of flavor.

(2) Evolution Brewing (Salisbury, MD) Lot No.3 IPA. Also kinda boring. Nothing terribly interesting in it.

(3) Brew Republic (Woodbridge, VA) has a really tasty NEIPA called Freestyle Juicy. Hazy orange, with lots of good citrus. Well balanced against the hops. Beer of the night.

(4) Terrapin’s Up-High IPA also did nothing for me.

(5) A really good Pilsner from Upland Brewing (Bloomington, IN) called Champagne Velvet. It takes a lot to get a Pils to wow me. This one did. Kinda full & silky up front, but with nice bite at the back end. Worth seeking out.
    I hope I find this. I love a great Pilsner. Casita Cerveceria does well.

While I was unable to procure in time for Septemberfest, we found a six pack of OMB Mecktoberfest while shopping for saisons.

I’d crown this the best Octoberfest.

Nose is delightfully caramel, perhaps a bit of vanilla.

Silky liquid caramel is what OMB Mecktoberfest is all about.

There is a mild hop bitterness underlying the waves of caramel, which provides a bit of distraction at the front and back of each sip.

Cheers! ��
    Reads delicious! I'm a simple guy. Bring one on Saturday night for me if you can make it. Go Duke!