Page 869 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 36976981985986786886987087187991996913691869 ... LastLast
Results 17,361 to 17,380 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Made a trip to Metazoa last night for a taster. Lovely brewery.

Meadowlark - Saison - 6.2% ABV - Enjoyable saison. Light with some slight fruit flavors. A bit of wheat that stays in the mouth at the end.

Crouching Tiger - Session Saison - 3.4% ABV - This is the first session saison I can say I've ever had. Not sure I've seen one before. Some spices are present.

Rut Roh Ale - Amber Ale - 6.3% ABV - Traditional amber ale. Some hints of oak/toasty flavor.

Mittermeier - Witbier - 5.8% ABV - It was nice to finally have a delicious witbier after a series of mediocre ones in Europe. Tastes exactly how you would expect a witbier to taste. Orange, creamy, heavenly.

Mashing Pumpkins - Pumpkin Beer - 5.2% ABV - Finally broke down and got my first pumpkin beer of the season. Happy I did, because this wasn't a traditional pumpkin ale. Malt, nutmeg, and vanilla. Wonderful concoction.
    That's a brewery we didn't get to visit while we were In The Annapolis last November. I'll add it to my ever-growing list.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

https://twitter.com/GreenManBrewing/...237630976?s=19

If I'm able to make another tailgate this season, I plan on bringing this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    https://twitter.com/GreenManBrewing/...237630976?s=19

If I'm able to make another tailgate this season, I plan on bringing this for sure.
    Yes. Please. I'll take a 4 pack and will print some US currency to cover costs if you're able to purchase and then attend another tailgate.

UVa-10/20
    Cheats-11/10
    Deacs-11/24

I'll reserve 2 spots at the table for you and your Amused Cupcake.

Well, I will be at the UVA game and I raise you a gingerbread stout twice aged, 4 months in rum barrels, then aged in bourbon barrels another 4 months. It is Xmas in a barrel, presented with an invite to come before the UVA game and taste.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Well, I will be at the UVA game and I raise you a gingerbread stout twice aged, 4 months in rum barrels, then aged in bourbon barrels another 4 months. It is Xmas in a barrel, presented with an invite to come before the UVA game and taste.
    That should pair exceedingly well with the following menu:

Appetizers: Baked breakfast breads, ABTs

Main Course: TNT's Famous French Toast Casserole, Spinach/Cheese quiche, Stuffed tomatoes, Sausage balls, Bacon, Grilled taters

Dessert: Something delicious

Plus, some homemade blueberry muffins (yes, I'm holding you to that promise, Ozzie) and a fruit salad.

We may award you the unofficial beer of the day trophy without even tasting that one, based on description alone.

Jolly Pumpkin Fuego Del Otono will be substituted for the Hardywood bottle our guests will not be bringing as the brewery was not open yet when they drove by one day last week in the early afternoon.

Bill’s Bold and Brut-iful

I knew this day would come.
    First Brut IPA (Bill’s Front Porch, don’t let me down!)

Smells like a New England IPA (NEIPA).
    Orange, pineapple, maybe a hint of fresh mown grass.

Surprisingly hoppy (not bitter) and dry up front, with an equally surprising juicy finish (It’s gotta be the hops!).

I’d like to try more of the style to get a sense.

I came in expecting a champagne like impression similar to Sam Adams Infinium.
    Left with an impression of a (very good) variation on the NEIPA theme.

Cheers!

Gizmo Yeah Toast

Not sure words can do this beer justice.

If you like french toast and maple syrup, you owe it to yourself to find this beer.

I’m not sure I could drink more than one or two- that said, if I were not working, this would make a great daily breakfast beverage.

https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...t-2018-review/

Reads like some good Goose Island Bourbon County Stout variants...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Bill’s Bold and Brut-iful

I knew this day would come.
    First Brut IPA (Bill’s Front Porch, don’t let me down!)

Smells like a New England IPA (NEIPA).
    Orange, pineapple, maybe a hint of fresh mown grass.

Surprisingly hoppy (not bitter) and dry up front, with an equally surprising juicy finish (It’s gotta be the hops!).

I’d like to try more of the style to get a sense.

I came in expecting a champagne like impression similar to Sam Adams Infinium.
    Left with an impression of a (very good) variation on the NEIPA theme.

Cheers!
    Bold and Brut-iful (draft)-Bill's Front Porch Pub and Brewery (Bill's Brewing Company)

Drink local!

A relatively new brewery on US Business 17S, aka Market Street, in Wilmington, NC.

Half pint pour ($3.50) at Bottle Revolution tonight as fuse finished his pint. Also my first Brut IPA. Fuse has fine senses of smell and taste. The only thing I can really add would be I thought there were some stone fruit flavors, too. I'll guess IBUs about 40 and the ABV on the electronic beverage board was 6%. A very pleasant new style for me which I'd certainly re-visit. I'd also pay a visit to Bill's later this fall or winter while at the NC coast.

Gizmo Yeah Toast

If you like french toast and maple syrup, you owe it to yourself to find this beer.

I’m not sure I could drink more than one or two- that said, if I were not working, this would make a great daily breakfast beverage.
    Did you really mean this instead?

https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...t-2018-review/

Reads like some good Goose Island Bourbon County Stout variants...
    I'm not sure I could get you any of those InBev brews, even with my Chicago area connection.

Gizmo Yeah Toast

Yeah Toast! (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works

Drink even more local!

French Toast Brown Ale

Initially, I thought "gimmick beer" but after 8 ounces of this for about $3, I'll echo fuse's comments above.

Pour was a dark brown with a small mocha head and a sweet, maple syrupy nose. Smooth mouth feel with wonderful tastes of brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and bread. Minimal bitterness, guessing IBUs of 30 and the ABV was 5.8% so I could easily pour several ounces of this over pancakes, waffles or French toast and then finish the remainder of the 12 ounce can. Looks like it's at the brewery for $11 for a 6er and I may stop by tomorrow after work and buy a litter and gift one to our tailgate chef who'll be making his famous French toast casserole at tailgate Saturday AM. I'm not sure which one would be better.

Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale - Alltech Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company - 10% ABV

Barrel-aged, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon?

Drinkable and not overly sweet. Has a bit of a strong alcohol aftertaste. Perhaps a product of having it out of a bottle and not on draft.

Headed to Cincy after work this evening for the Rhinegeist festival tomorrow. Hoping to stop at some bottle shops before heading home Sunday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale - Alltech Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company - 10% ABV

Barrel-aged, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon?

Drinkable and not overly sweet. Has a bit of a strong alcohol aftertaste. Perhaps a product of having it out of a bottle and not on draft.

Headed to Cincy after work this evening for the Rhinegeist festival tomorrow. Hoping to stop at some bottle shops before heading home Sunday as well.
    Drinkable is a good descriptor for the few Alltech brews I've had.

Really, really looking forward to your reviews from the Rhinegeist festival, assuming you won't be completely full of Truth and/or Knowledge when you're home again.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm not sure I could get you any of those InBev brews, even with my Chicago area connection.
    Is the son-in-law planning on camping out anywhere for Black Friday? I had Binny's in mind, but word on the street is that there are a couple of Jewel-Osco in the area that get the same amount of supply and MUCH MUCH less demand.

Hopefully I'm able to snag a few good ones and save them for a tailgate in Minneapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Is the son-in-law planning on camping out anywhere for Black Friday? I had Binny's in mind, but word on the street is that there are a couple of Jewel-Osco in the area that get the same amount of supply and MUCH MUCH less demand.

Hopefully I'm able to snag a few good ones and save them for a tailgate in Minneapolis.
    Great idea! I'll pass the suggestion/hint on to him, after all, Christmas is only about 2 months away .

Jolly Pumpkin Fuego Del Otono will be substituted for the Hardywood bottle our guests will not be bringing as the brewery was not open yet when they drove by one day last week in the early afternoon.
    Upon further review, our guests decided they didn't like sours so they exchanged this at Total Wine. They may have been Up All Night pondering their decision and deciding if they could porter this to breakfast in the AM. I told them I thought it was an imperial choice.

Upon further review, our guests decided they didn't like sours so they exchanged this at Total Wine. They may have been Up All Night pondering their decision and deciding if they could porter this to breakfast in the AM. I told them I thought it was an imperial choice.
    Triple C for the win!

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/a...mpression=true

Looks like A-B has some dividend decisions to make.