Page 59 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061691091595591059 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 67384

longest

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    You're back.

Don't you have patients to see, patents to develop, a world to save instead of posting on DBR?
    1. almost done there
    2. not a researcher or inventor
    3. not much influence in the world

(wasn't quite sure how to respond to the last request but had to post something )

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    3. not much influence in the world
    I have a hard time believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Nearly seven hours between posts? Come on, people.
    Since my "hottest celebrity" question was essentially a non-starter, what's your favorite breakfast cereal?
    Mine is Honey Smacks (you know, red box with the frog on it).
    If you're not a cereal person, then what's your preferred breakfast item?
    Cereal: current favorite is Honey Bunches of Oats Almond, but my favorite breakfast item is bacon, followed closely by sausage.

I've got a couple of patents, but they are worthless except as plaques to hang on the wall. The really good idea I didn't patent and is now common use in the marketplace...a fortune lost before it was ever mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    Cereal: current favorite is Honey Bunches of Oats Almond, but my favorite breakfast item is bacon, followed closely by sausage.
    A friend of mine from school is a bacontarian. As in, she's exclusively a vegetarian, except for bacon. Hilarious.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    How many have watched the Jim Gaffigan special 'Beyond the Pale' on Comedy Central? I bust a gut every time.

I'm a vegetarian but not a strict vegetarian because I eat beef and pork.

Hot Pockets.

My boys now go around the house saying 'Hot Pockets'. Yes, I let them watch it. I'm a bad mom.

Oh, favorite breakfast cerel, Cap'n Crunch, but I rarely eat cereal for breakfast anymore.

We've really picked up the pace in the last few days, kids...well done! For a time, we were fewer than 400 posts ahead of the "Huckabee is bonkers" thread (or whatever the title is). Now we're pushing 500 posts ahead. Let's do it.
    To borrow a political phrase (uh oh, might I get our beloved thread bumped?), YES WE CAN!

We've really picked up the pace in the last few days, kids...well done! For a time, we were fewer than 400 posts ahead of the "Huckabee is bonkers" thread (or whatever the title is). Now we're pushing 500 posts ahead. Let's do it.
    To borrow a political phrase (uh oh, might I get our beloved thread bumped?), YES WE CAN!
    The Huck thread is dead. All hail the LTE!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    The Huck thread is dead. All hail the LTE!
    Let's not incite a revival over there or anything...remember, we have some double agents in our midst. *cough* colchar *cough*

Looks like it is alive again...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Somebody help me! I just read some of the blog between BleedRoyalBlue and Mr. Tarheel on WRAL.com - linked through DBR.

There's a lot of discussion about the Duke fan being from New Jersey. Not that you can't be a Duke fan outside of North Carolina but having us represented by a New Jersey is kind of asking for trouble. I think if he were in, I don't know, Atlanta maybe, there wouldn't be this problem. Anyway, Mr. Tarheel starts a post with "isn't is ironic that all the Duke fans are from NJ or NY?" NO, NO it's not, that is not irony. I really want to go post something like, please, look up what that word actually means before you ever use it again, but, and here's where it might actually get ironic, that would be fuel for the kind of argument I'm trying to stop. But, as I've posted in this thread before, I really, really, really hate it when folks use that word incorrectly.

There, I feel better, and I don't have to expose us stuck up, rich, snooty Duke fans to anymore public ridicule than we already get. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post

Oooo, here is a trivia question for you baseball fans - saw this on my page-a-day calendar:

Which two teams have had four 20-game winners? Must name the year and the team.
    The answer to yesterday's trivia question is:

The 1920 Chicago White Sox and the 1971 Baltimore Orioles.

Talking Irony

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Somebody help me! I just read some of the blog between BleedRoyalBlue and Mr. Tarheel on WRAL.com - linked through DBR.

There's a lot of discussion about the Duke fan being from New Jersey. Not that you can't be a Duke fan outside of North Carolina but having us represented by a New Jersey is kind of asking for trouble. I think if he were in, I don't know, Atlanta maybe, there wouldn't be this problem. Anyway, Mr. Tarheel starts a post with "isn't is ironic that all the Duke fans are from NJ or NY?" NO, NO it's not, that is not irony. I really want to go post something like, please, look up what that word actually means before you ever use it again, but, and here's where it might actually get ironic, that would be fuel for the kind of argument I'm trying to stop. But, as I've posted in this thread before, I really, really, really hate it when folks use that word incorrectly.

There, I feel better, and I don't have to expose us stuck up, rich, snooty Duke fans to anymore public ridicule than we already get. Thanks.
    Maybe it's ironic after reading your post that I'm a Duke alum living in Atlanta, but born in New Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

"And isn't it ironic...dontcha think
    A little too ironic...and yeah I really do think...
    It's like rain on your wedding day"

Kids, I'm jittery...like more jittery than normal on this day. Game time in just a shade under 2.5 hours. I made some really good fried chicken last night. I'm going to the beach next weekend. I sound like EarlJam.

Kids, I'm jittery...like more jittery than normal on this day. Game time in just a shade under 2.5 hours. I made some really good fried chicken last night. I'm going to the beach next weekend. I sound like EarlJam.
    Who the hell is EarlJam?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Who the hell is EarlJam?
    Better question...where the hell is EarlJam? We've heard awfully little from him of late, no?

Better question...where the hell is EarlJam? We've heard awfully little from him of late, no?
    Yes, fortunately for my posting lead. I just have JE ahead of me, but I'm not sure I want the burden of the outright lead.

C'mon, yes you do...

Nobody has posted here in a while, is there a game on or something?