Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Silver lining, since the show was cancelled, they made the recorded stream of one of the Wrigley Field shows available for free. (It's on their FB page.)

https://www.facebook.com/DeadandComp...62245234786628

D&CsetlistWrigley.jpg

This was the day SCOTUS reveresed RvW, and you can tell the band was not happy with all of the imagery on the screens behind them. (And why they opened with Women Smarter)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

CB&B, hope you made it to the show last night. The set list looked good. Give us a review when you have time. AW.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    CB&B, hope you made it to the show last night. The set list looked good. Give us a review when you have time. AW.
    We got home about 4 hours ago and I've been asleep for three of them.

The show was easily the best D&C show I've seen in person. Even my gf who isn't into them said "that concert was the best we've been to".

The first set after the Women Smarter opening was a little staid, but that wasn't a bad thing. The China Doll was a D&C first for me, and Oteil was beyond soulful in singing it. Things picked up before the great with a very pointed Throwing Stones (again, a lyric changed to voice the displeasure with the SCOTUS and general state of US Government affairs right now) followed by Don't Ease Me In had the whole venue upbeat at the break.
    The second set was flat out amazing, with a couple more D&C in person firsts for me.
    It's strange not seeing Billy up there on drums, but Jay Lane handles his kit very well.

D&C22 047.jpg

D&C22 085.jpg

D&CSetlist7-8-22.jpg
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 07-09-2022 at 05:12 PM.

The audio from tonight's show in Pa is being streamed for free here.

https://www.youtube.com/deadandcompany
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The audio from tonight's show in Pa is being streamed for free here.

https://www.youtube.com/deadandcompany
    Listening to it now!

Listening to it now!
    I remember the first time I heard El Paso at a Dead show, I was like "Hey! I know that song!"

My dad would play the Marty Robbins version all the time when I was growing up. I wonder if he knew the Dead played it in Cameron.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 07-12-2022 at 09:30 PM.

I remember the first time I heard El Paso at a Dead show, I was like "Hey! I know that song!"

My dad would play the Marty Robbins version all the time when I was growing up. I wonder if he knew the Dead played it in Cameron.
    Like OPK says, they are the best,“cover band “, there is.

From Politico this morning, Referencing an inter view with Patrick Leahy:

On what JERRY GARCIA, Leahy’s guest in the Senate dining room one day, told him after The Grateful Dead guitarist had a strange encounter with Sen. STROM THURMOND:

“I never had an experience like that when I used to drop acid.”

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    From Politico this morning, Referencing an inter view with Patrick Leahy:
    Strom try to get him in bed with a pocket of hard candy?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Strom try to get him in bed with a pocket of hard candy?
    That was Spacey on the set of House of Cards. Bobby was the target, after Spacey saw Weir’s pink guitar.

Jerry and Bob doing windmills in Cameron:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRahkg9h/

Somebody should have taught Billy to catch. Moon the Loon was the greatest.

They played that show on the Sirius Grateful Dead channel last week.

Last tour for Dead&Co next summer. No dates or venues announced yet. I hope they come somewhere close to NC.

Last tour for Dead&Co next summer. No dates or venues announced yet. I hope they come somewhere close to NC.
    It all rolls into one
    And nothing comes for free
    There's nothing you can hold
    For very long
    And when you hear that song
    Come crying like the wind
    It seems like all this life
    Was just a dream….

Just like last year, when they didn't hit NC, I got us the Bristow, Va tix because the writing was on the wall. And if they only play Kalamazoo this year, I'll be there. (GF might not, ha!)

I know Bobby has stated that he hopes things continue on in some form or fashion beyond all of them, that the music plays on. I get that, but it's hard without the roots. I'm very lucky to have seen the shows with Jerry that I did when I did, and I know more (such as you, OPK, and of course Jeffrey) saw even earlier including the 70's iteration.

I love the band that they have become, just as much as the band that they were. (Can't say so much about the attempts in between, but I was there for those, too.)
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't for whatever reason marvel at the timeline of this band, and appreciate that they started before I was born and are still here to celebrate this existence with me.

Tour for next summer is out. There is a date in Raleigh and Charlotte. Looking forward to seeing them if I can. AW

Tour for next summer is out. There is a date in Raleigh and Charlotte. Looking forward to seeing them if I can. AW
    Excellent! I signed up for pre-sale for Charlotte, Raliegh, and Bristow. It's a nice 3 show run that will be easy to schedule.

https://deadandcompany.com/

Excellent! I signed up for pre-sale for Charlotte, Raleigh, and Bristow. It's a nice 3 show run that will be easy to schedule.

https://deadandcompany.com/
    So Julie is on board for a week long camping trip, but only two shows. I'm ok with that. Our plan is for Charlotte and Raleigh, which means we'll miss One More Saturday Night in Bristow.

So Julie is on board for a week long camping trip, but only two shows. I'm ok with that. Our plan is for Charlotte and Raleigh, which means we'll miss One More Saturday Night in Bristow.
    Julie catch a rabbit by his hair,
    Come back step, like to walk on air,
    Get back home where you belong,
    and don't you run off no more.