Page 573 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 7347352356357157257357457558362367310731573 ... LastLast
Results 11,441 to 11,460 of 67389
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Good reasons for a drink.
    You need reasons?

I think I'm on Corona #5.

I think, therefore, I drink beer.

I had the greatest chat with my best friend tonight.

My best friend was my freshman year roomie.

My post count is down. Deletions?

Why do. . . never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I think I'm on Corona #5.
    I'm glad someone else completed your taxes.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I've been over on the EK Forum stirring up trouble. Geez there are a lot of light blue variety folks over there. OK, OK, so they are fairly respectful and I don't hate all Carolina fans, not really (but I wouldn't marry one) but wow. Does that mean we can all go to Inside Carolina and start some threads? Hey, maybe we should!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    However, I know have a netbook(recently bought), ...
    ohh, do share! I love hearing about new gadgets!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm glad someone else completed your taxes.
    Moi, aussi.

I refuse to vacate my 'double double' just because of the actions of some moderator. This is now only post #2999, and who knows what it might be later today.
    OZZIE4DUKE
    All-ACC, 1st Team

While my next post may be #3000 again, I refuse to wait until this thread gets to 12000 to post again. Unless it is tomorrow

Actually, I think I'll go post in the Status Check thread now for #3000 redux!

All-American, Honorable Mention

Done! But the editing feature wouldn't accept the second avatar (????)
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 03-07-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Inserted screen shot, and then a second screen shot
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Two Birds, One Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Hi Tilly. Fish is here, thanks for thinking of me.

I've been:
    1) Caught in the net of the in the financial tsunami
    2) Lurking
    3) Carefully posting in the EK forum
    4) Drinking heavily
    5) All of the above
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    If you want some help with or company for #4, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Fish was my nickname in college.

Company is always welcome for #4.

Keeping one of my new year's resolutions - I had people over for dinner tonight.

Helping Fish out - we killed 3 bottles of wine, a beer, and some Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I think I get to deduct my CPA's fees.
    Don't get too excited. It is a miscellaneous deduction subject to the 2% floor. Only the portion of miscellaneous deductions (tax prep fees, investment fees, employee business expenses, etc.) that are over 2% of your adjusted gross income (last number on page 1 of Form 1040) actually end up being deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    ohh, do share! I love hearing about new gadgets!
    Asus Eee PC 1000-HE, Dark Blue variety...with Windows XP(Home Edition). It's up and running fine after the first one was DOA. Getting it finally made me turn on the wireless portion of my router so I could in theory post or chat during games without having to leave my living room.

And why the Asus 1000-He? Faster processor from Intel as well as faster bus speed. Did I mention it comes in a dark blue?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Don't get too excited. It is a miscellaneous deduction subject to the 2% floor. Only the portion of miscellaneous deductions (tax prep fees, investment fees, employee business expenses, etc.) that are over 2% of your adjusted gross income (last number on page 1 of Form 1040) actually end up being deductible.
    Here's a question about tax prep fees: do this year's fees get deducted this year or next year? It's difficult to tell from the instructions. I always thought it was for the current year, but it's hard to know what e-file fees are going to be before you file.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Asus Eee PC 1000-HE, Dark Blue variety...with Windows XP(Home Edition). It's up and running fine after the first one was DOA. Getting it finally made me turn on the wireless portion of my router so I could in theory post or chat during games without having to leave my living room.

And why the Asus 1000-He? Faster processor from Intel as well as faster bus speed. Did I mention it comes in a dark blue?

I have a new laptop as well. I bought a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor (2.26 GHz) with 3 GB of RAM and a 300 GB hard drive. I got a great deal at Circuit City. Mine's gray, though. Dark Blue would be better. OS is Vista. I was quite nervous after all the bad stuff I've heard, but I haven't had any problems at all. I, too, can now chat from the comfort of the recliner in my living room.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I refuse to vacate my 'double double' just because of the actions of some moderator. This is now only post #2999, and who knows what it might be later today.
    OZZIE4DUKE
    All-ACC, 1st Team

While my next post may be #3000 again, I refuse to wait until this thread gets to 12000 to post again. Unless it is tomorrow

Actually, I think I'll go post in the Status Check thread now for #3000 redux!

All-American, Honorable Mention

Done! But the editing feature wouldn't accept the second avatar (????)

Congrats on hitting 3000 twice, and I think you chose the perfect thread for the repeat milestone post! I don't think I lost too many posts, but it's difficult to tell. I haven't posted enough recently to know what my post count was before house cleaning.

At the risk of getting this thread moved to the PPB, I'm really sorry that I'm getting my mortgage through Bank of America. Aside from the fact that they may go under, it's hard as heck to talk to someone about your mortgage. I thought I'd have someone local working on my loan, but they all get sent to a central processing center in FL. They gave me a name without an extension number, so I have to go through the voice prompt circle (their prompts aren't logical) to get put on hold.

I just had a moment of deja vu when I saw post #1,220. Seems like I've been here before. Either I did have posts deleted, or I'm experiencing the DBR version of Groundhog Day.