Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Possibly, some of their new assistants have grandsons who are good high school recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    ... a combination of the nursing home and some "recruiters." ...
    Maybe in-home visits will be limited to homes with ramps?

Perhaps Brown can hire Matt Kupec as the QB coach. He knows how to complete a pass - right, Ms. Hansbrough?

apropos to our heroic Blue Devils (somewhat), George Edwards (defensive coordinator at Minnesota) is being mentioned prominently as a guy who could get a head coaching NFL job this year...

https://247sports.com/college/north-...le--125626761/

Looks like Robinson won't be the Co-DC for UNC. Thigpen still promoted to Co-DC.

Puzzling times.

Charlotte pulled its offer to JMU's Houston, who ECU may be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    The Kliff Kingsbury--No UNC rumors are starting to look very credible. UNC's dream staff is really looking like a combination of the nursing home and some "recruiters." I would start looking for Greg Davis (age 67) to come out of retirement for a couple years. Maybe Chris Keldorf or Jason Stanicek can play QB.
    KK to USC, right?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I saw an interview with the JMU coach who has an FCS playoff game this weekend, saying he was offered the Charlotte job, and mentioning how Charlotte was closer to family. He was forthright, which was refreshing. Didn't say he had accepted (and maybe he hasn't officially; or hasn't signed anything) and he wants to focus on the playoffs. I like it when coaches stay with their team through the season and don't go jump to the new job before that season's business is finished (such as skipping out on a bowl), and I like it when a coach is direct and honest like JMU's Houston was in admitting the Charlotte offer (that is, not saying "we're not going to talk about that right now").n.
    Wonder if those two stories are related.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wonder if those two stories are related.
    The Charlotte AD released a statement. It sounds like Houston to Charlotte was pretty much a done deal, not signed, and then Houston told Charlotte he wanted to explore other opportunities, so Charlotte pulled its offer (and made that public).

The Charlotte AD released a statement. It sounds like Houston to Charlotte was pretty much a done deal, not signed, and then Houston told Charlotte he wanted to explore other opportunities, so Charlotte pulled its offer (and made that public).
    Good move by the Charlotte AD, to stick up for his school. Dumb, and low class, move by Houston. He shoulda seen the Montgomery opening coming....everyone else did.

Andy Staples mentioned Mike Houston's interest floating from Charlotte to ECU on ESPNU Radio this afternoon. His theory: "I wonder if this is BBQ-related."

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Andy Staples mentioned Mike Houston's interest floating from Charlotte to ECU on ESPNU Radio this afternoon. His theory: "I wonder if this is BBQ-related."
    That is a GREEEAAT line! Wish I'd said it. And oh BTW, Eastern NC BBQ by a mile.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Houston hired by ECU today. I wonder if his announcing about going to Charlotte is why ECU fired Scottie two days before their game vs. State. They must have had their eyes on him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oh this will be so satisfying to watch cheater fans bemoan the choice to bring back Mack and let Satterfield slip away.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/2183803002
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Oh this will be so satisfying to watch cheater fans bemoan the choice to bring back Mack and let Satterfield slip away.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/2183803002
    It is stunning to me how Louisville can be dragged through the mud with Petrino, Pitino, Papa John, and NCAA violations in the past couple of years and still emerge with Chris Mack coaching men’s basketball and Scott Satterfield coaching football. Two guys, I should note, who have no ties to Louisville and could have been hired anywhere.

I want to say “well done” and “I don’t see the appeal” at the same time.

App State Satterfield to Louisville seems to be making the rounds on the rumour mill.

Not specific to this situation, it would be nice to see instead of a rush to break a story, “get the scoop”, that the media allow coaches and schools to finish their season before whatever is next.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    App State Satterfield to Louisville seems to be making the rounds on the rumour mill.

Not specific to this situation, it would be nice to see instead of a rush to break a story, “get the scoop”, that the media allow coaches and schools to finish their season before whatever is next.
    I believe this is way past rumor stage. Great hire for Louisville...makes two for them recently (as another poster above noted).

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    KK to USC, right?
    Looks like he will in fact be going to USC.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Kingsbury at USC for OC seems like it's gonna work out real good. (then again, I thought when USC hired the author of Dunk City in basketball - that it would work out great for USC. Hasn't thus far.

Mike Locksley to be named new Maryland coach.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ootball-coach/

Locksley was a train wreck as head coach at New Mexico. He punched an assistant coach and threaten a reporter from the student paper after following the student into a bar. The reporter had written an article critical of the program. After leaving UNM he rehabilitated his career and earlier today won coordinator of the year for his work as Alabama OC. Apparently, he’s well known in the DC area and recruits well there.