Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Streelman moved the wrong direction on Moving Day. He shot a +3 74 today.
    Bob Green

World Golf Championships-FedEx St. Jude Invitational

This event, being held in Memphis has a field of only 63 players. Adam Long, based on his January win at the Desert Classic, is the only Duke participant. He finished the second round at +1 and is in 37th position.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

LPGA Evian Championship

The LPGA this week is taking the waters at Evian-les-Bains, which is in France but on Lac Leman near Geneva. Brittany Lang (even), Celine Boutier and Yu Liu (both +1) made the cut but trail the leader, who is at -10.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Adam Long shot a -2 today to finish the tournament at -4. He is currently T25 so he should earn a decent paycheck.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    He is currently T25 so he should earn a decent paycheck.
    Adam Long earned $103,000 and 40 Fedex Cup points.
    Bob Green

Wyndham Championship

At minimum, Adam Long, Wes Roach, and Kevin Streelman will be playing in next week’s Wyndham Championship in Greensboro. I hope they all make the cut, as we plan to attend Sunday’s final round.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Will be a standard bearer W-T and Sat in Greensboro-would be nice to be sent out with one of the three ! or two-even better

Roach -3
    Streelman E
    Long +3

Work to go for Streels & Long to play the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Roach -3
    Streelman E
    Long +3

Work to go for Streels & Long to play the weekend.
    Blaum also finished Even for the day

Duncan and Boutier at -2, five back at the LPGA British Open. Lang and Liu even par.

Only Wes Roach made the cut at the Wyndham, at -5. Streelman missed the -4 cut by a shot. Long and Blaum weren’t particularly close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Only Wes Roach made the cut at the Wyndham, at -5. Streelman missed the -4 cut by a shot. Long and Blaum weren’t particularly close.
    Ryan Blaum will not make Top 125 for the season, he’ll be able to play some tourneys next year in the next 125-150 group. Big weekend for Wes Roach; he may need a top 20 finish to qualify for 1st Fedex Cup event and top 125.

Ladies at British Women's Open

The Duke contingent at the British Women's Open is led by Celine Boutier who is tied for 6th at the moment (on day 3), at -7, 5 strokes back, and doing well. Plenty of TV time on the Golf Channel's limited coverage.
    Others who made the cut are:
    Yu Liu, tied for 41 at -2
    Brittany Lang, tied for 49 at -1

Celine also kicked "bout" yesterday by scoring an eagle on the 16th and landing the #6 on the SCtop10.

The Women's British Open is nothing like the Men's. This is not the Links course that you'd guess they would use.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    The Duke contingent at the British Women's Open is led by Celine Boutier who is tied for 6th at the moment (on day 3), at -7, 5 strokes back, and doing well. Plenty of TV time on the Golf Channel's limited coverage.
    Others who made the cut are:
    Yu Liu, tied for 41 at -2
    Brittany Lang, tied for 49 at -1

Celine also kicked "bout" yesterday by scoring an eagle on the 16th and landing the #6 on the SCtop10.

The Women's British Open is nothing like the Men's. This is not the Links course that you'd guess they would use.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    NBC carrying this tourney. They actually showed Boutier (guess they didn’t get the CBS memo re: not showing ex-Dukie). Celine is tied for 5th and they mentioned she’ll be playing in the Solheim cup - presumably for the Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    NBC carrying this tourney. They actually showed Boutier (guess they didn’t get the CBS memo re: not showing ex-Dukie). Celine is tied for 5th and they mentioned she’ll be playing in the Solheim cup - presumably for the Europeans.
    Do the winners earn the chance to play against the South Koreans?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Celine tired for fourth after two rounds.
    Not checking on the third round right now because I'm going to watch it later and don't want to spoil it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Ha ha; doubt either Americans or Europeans want any part of that. High potential to be embarrassed.

Wes Roach shot a -2 68 today and is currently T42 at -7. He will need to go low on Sunday to get a Top 20 finish.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Wes Roach shot a -2 68 today and is currently T42 at -7. He will need to go low on Sunday to get a Top 20 finish.
    Yep, just checked the live projected FedEx standings. If Wes were 3 shots better (-10), he’d be right on the 125 line. So he likely needs to gain about 3 shots on the players around him (lots of variables here). Anyway, I can’t imagine the pressure these guys are under. Huge deal to be be 125 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Ha ha; doubt either Americans or Europeans want any part of that. High potential to be embarrassed.
    Either would have trouble with a South Korean team composed only of players named Jeongeun Lee.