Page 2780 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 17802280268027302770277827792780278127822790283028803280 ... LastLast
Results 55,581 to 55,600 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Do you guys have any idea how concerned I am that we've never been able to find even an ounce of evidence for Sleestak in the fossil record? I'm starting to think Land of the Lost was not the documentary I thought it was.
    Dude, they are extra-dimensional. Of course we aren’t going to catch them in a 3 dimensional way like a fossil. Duh…

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Dude, they are extra-dimensional. Of course we aren’t going to catch them in a 3 dimensional way like a fossil. Duh…
    Thanks for talking me off the ledge Ymo.

You folks ever been to a dead serious event for people who believe in fictional creatures?

Pretty interesting. Went to one in Utah for big foot believers.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You folks ever been to a dead serious event for people who believe in fictional creatures?

What brought you there?

-jk

I know me and I would be trying to make eye contact with people and I would assume that they were going to bust out laughing any second now. Which is probably going to get me punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    What brought you there?

-jk
    The question of the week!

I’ve been to several “bird” sanctuaries over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    What brought you there?

-jk
    Curiosity. We were living in UT at the time and saw it promoted so we drove out to the mountainside where the event was held.

Hundreds of people there. They had a wildlife biology professor come in and talk about the science
    Like, the food basis and acreage needed to support one.

They also had an open forum for personal stories. A dozen plus people got up on stage and shared Bigfoot sightings or encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Can’t spork. You got me.

Curiosity. We were living in UT at the time and saw it promoted so we drove out to the mountainside where the event was held.

Hundreds of people there. They had a wildlife biology professor come in and talk about the science
    Like, the food basis and acreage needed to support one.

They also had an open forum for personal stories. A dozen plus people got up on stage and shared Bigfoot sightings or encounters.
    Never been to an event, but did have a front row seat once to a conversation between two Sasquatch enthusiasts. I was rapt for about 45 minutes.

Made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Never been to an event, but did have a front row seat once to a conversation between two Sasquatch enthusiasts. I was rapt for about 45 minutes.
    I was pretty impressed with the discussion by the wildlife biology professor. I have no idea if he BELIEVED what he was saying or he was just theorizing based on what he knew about other mammals but it was pretty interesting. He talked about the likely social dynamics and eating habits and how that might translate into habitat and ranges and food/forage area required to sustain a single squatch. The takeaway was supposed to be that the science supported their solitary nature --- and therefore the difficulty of capturing the elusive beast on camera.

I came away with the opposite takeaway but, you know, I'm biased.

Did anyone read "The Long Walk" about an escape from a Soviet labor camp during WWII? There was a reference to a Yeti while they were trying to cross the Himalayas. What struck me was how matter of fact it was. The author noted their surprise at seeing it. But that exchange was only a couple of pages. He didn't dwell on it, which lends more credibility to me. That being said, I don't believe in them. I believe in extraterrestrial life, but none that is close enough to make contact. So we aren't alone in the universe in my estimation, but we are practically alone from a visitation standpoint. Also Oswald acted alone.

"Bags of Vermont Poo" band name! Called it!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    "Bags of Vermont Poo" band name! Called it!
    They'll be very popular in Montpoolier!

I was a bit disappointed when I looked at the NFL Off Season thread. I was hoping for something juicy.

This is awful but true (and a little funny). My Scottish in-laws are big time Scottish independence supporters and hate the monarchy. They’ll be here this weekend and want to take us out to celebrate.

This is awful but true (and a little funny). My Scottish in-laws are big time Scottish independence supporters and hate the monarchy. They’ll be here this weekend and want to take us out to celebrate.
    I won’t post any here out of respect, but I recommend searching #IrishTwitter for how some are marking the occasion for those interested.

I won’t post any here out of respect, but I recommend searching #IrishTwitter for how some are marking the occasion for those interested.
    Oh. My. Gawd! I'm not surprised but, well, some of the video of the chants from sporting events were, well, whooo boy...

Edit: This is hilarious, from The Irish Times:

Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories. More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.

Hmmm. That might have been partly my fault.