Page 2411 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 14111911231123612401240924102411241224132421246125112911 ... LastLast
Results 48,201 to 48,220 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    That person was exceptionally tone deaf to the issues around WHY we lost 2 games this week. Maybe let's not pretend basketball is the most important thing in the lives of anyone on this board. My dad was a coach and basketball quite literally put food on my table as a kid. It CAN'T mean more to that person than it does to me. AND BASKETBALL GAMES BEING CANCELED IS NOT THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN LIFE. I'm mad.
    I made this exact point on that thread, actually. I get that we are a basketball message board, but pretending like a team cancelling a game due to a campus outbreak of a virus is somehow more than a minor "bummer" for Duke fans is kinda gross.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    in the LTE thread, everyone gets "mad" about everything, it the modus operandi here.
    That's ridiculous! I'm so mad about that post Budwom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I made this exact point on that thread, actually. I get that we are a basketball message board, but pretending like a team cancelling a game due to a campus outbreak of a virus is somehow more than a minor "bummer" for Duke fans is kinda gross.
    Yeah. Gross is the right term here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. Gross is the right term here.
    I haven't been in that building since '90.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I haven't been in that building since '90.
    The stairs up to that building were so awkward. Exactly a stride and a half apart.

WE LOST 2 GAMES THIS WEEK!?!? Why am I just now hearing this? I mean the first game was tough to watch and I got the margin of victory wrong by one point yesterday, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The stairs up to that building were so awkward. Exactly a stride and a half apart.
    Hah. I’d forgotten all about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah. I’d forgotten all about that.
    I blame the civil engineers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    WE LOST 2 GAMES THIS WEEK!?!? Why am I just now hearing this? I mean the first game was tough to watch and I got the margin of victory wrong by one point yesterday, but I didn't think it was that bad.
    People are upset. I don't think K survives this. He'll be out next year, you watch.

People are upset. I don't think K survives this. He'll be out next year, you watch.
    I'm getting my pitchfork out of the shed as I type...

Especially after not even making the Tourney last year.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    in the LTE thread, everyone gets "mad" about everything, it the modus operandi here.
    We're all mad here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    We're all mad here.
    We all float down here.

The Mike Gminski Memorial Steps?

-jk

I feel like Duke's campus is littered with oddly sized/spaced stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I feel like Duke's campus is littered with oddly sized/spaced stairs.
    My worst spill was on the trail behind the Bryan Center on the way to Gross Chem. It was after an ice storm. Class had been cancelled for a day or two to allow for melting but this patch was in the shade and I went legs up like something out of a cartoon. Fortunately no one was around.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    My worst spill was on the trail behind the Bryan Center on the way to Gross Chem. It was after an ice storm. Class had been cancelled for a day or two to allow for melting but this patch was in the shade and I went legs up like something out of a cartoon. Fortunately no one was around.
    Or so you thought
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Or so you thought
    True. Nan was known to hide in the bushes around campus to keep an eye on us ne'er-do-wells. Could have sworn I heard her cackle!

Sleep is the absolute best. Wow I feel refreshed. Now you should all fear for my family's sanity today. I am always bouncing off the walls, but today will be particularly bad.

Lengthy chat with our longtime UPS driver last night. He was chuckling about people complaining about lost or undelivered packages (a real problem here, everywhere) but noted they have a crackerjack system that ensures they know exactly where every package has been delivered. Then off he went, and I noted he left us someone else's package, D'oh! He did show up five minutes later with the correct package. It's a jungle out there.