Page 1343 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 3438431243129313331341134213431344134513531393144318432343 ... LastLast
Results 26,841 to 26,860 of 67651
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Supplied with no commen :
    Sigh, comment. The emoji clipped my t. Where is the quality control in these things?

This thought aligns with my contention that french fries no longer fried in lard like the old days, are not merely a ketchup delivery system.
    I was in Belgium on this date last year. They take "French" fries very seriously. (as well as the condiments into which they are dipped).

IIRC, the term "French fries" originated during WWI. American soldiers were in/near Belgium, but associated them with France.

The Brits, of course, call them "chips" and they are conduits for malt vinegar. (Potato chips to them are "crisps.")

Strange world.

I need to go back to Europe one of these days. May be a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    the wind has died down. We did not lose power.
    "...full of sound and fury and signifying nothing"?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was in Belgium on this date last year. They take "French" fries very seriously. (as well as the condiments into which they are dipped).
    Yeah, but they dip them in mayo. Blechh!!! They do produce a mean waffle, however.

No music in my head this morning, but a thought.

Chocolate chip pancakes, good combo or just a veiled excuse for a chocolate chip delivery system?
    See, I like a nice pancake with a heap of butter and slathering of syrup. Stopped eating them on the regular in my 20s but when I do, I like to focus on the traditional elements of a pancake.

My wife is from the old country and her people put savory sauce on pancakes which, as an American, I find against God.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    We were under a wind advisory and there were a few powerful gusts but overall nothing serious or scary.

"...full of sound and fury and signifying nothing"?
    not quite, signifying very little. My youngest is reading Mackers for his (online) English class right now. I was going to go in and give a lecture on Shakespeare in performance to all the freshman English sections. He won't let me do it now that they are online - but maybe I can do it for the other sections!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    See, I like a nice pancake with a heap of butter and slathering of syrup. Stopped eating them on the regular in my 20s but when I do, I like to focus on the traditional elements of a pancake.

My wife is from the old country and her people put savory sauce on pancakes which, as an American, I find against God.
    Savory sauce on pancakes? So, a crepe? If it's got savory sauce, it's not a pancake. (In other words, I'm on your side, bundaberg.)

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I need a haircut.
    Who doesn't?

What the heck is savory sauce?

Such a pretty day here today. Fresh air and cheerful thoughts. Opened the windows and simply delighted in the sunshine. A fine Rx for all of us. I always feel good when I push away from the laptop.

Clears the head and breaks the wormhole attention spiral.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Such a pretty day here today. Fresh air and cheerful thoughts. Opened the windows and simply delighted in the sunshine. A fine Rx for all of us. I always feel good when I push away from the laptop.

Clears the head and breaks the wormhole attention spiral.
    Fresh air is always a blessing. Being unplugged is a joy.

Unfortunately, urs comes with a nice dose of pollen.

There’s another fan in the family...

23431058-849E-49D6-AA98-497781890BA4.jpg

There’s another fan in the family...

23431058-849E-49D6-AA98-497781890BA4.jpg
    Smart cat!

Unfortunately, urs comes with a nice dose of pollen.
    Ours, ours not urs...

We had a brief respite from the pollen after rain over the weekend but it is back in full force now.

We've had a damp week so far: Two and a half inches in two rounds on Monday, and another quarter inch last night. I dug up my back yard and reseeded last month and the new grass is poking up. The rain is good - so long as it doesn't wash everything away!

-jk

I usually get away without watering my lawn until late May/June. Trending that way now, I do wish we got intermittent rain during the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Who doesn't?
    Actually, I do not. I had mine cut right at the very beginning of this mess, and I had it cut shorter than usual. Must have had a sense of impending hair doom.