Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Where to watch the game in Brooklyn Heights...

My wife and I are taking the kids to NY for New Years. We have no idea where we can watch the in the Brooklyn Heights area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by millerecu View Post
    My wife and I are taking the kids to NY for New Years. We have no idea where we can watch the in the Brooklyn Heights area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    O'Keefe's on Court St. is a solid sports bar in the neighborhood. If you're up for some BBQ, Hill Country in Willoughby Plaza is a good spot to watch games as well.

Might also be fun to walk over the BK Bridge and catch the game at one of the many bars in the Seaport area in Manhattan. Jeremy's Ale House is a favorite of mine - dive bar with good fried seafood.

Enjoy your trip.

https://www.okeefesbarandgrill.com/
    https://hillcountry.com/
    https://www.jeremysalehouse.com/

I will be leaving my -20 temp in SD to be at this FSU game. I am a HS math teacher and used up all my personal leave in Oct and was thinking of not attending a Duke game this year. But even though the atmosphere won't be the same without the students, I just had to see this team in person.
    Sure hope this ends better than the last game I was at-->NCSU last year.

Quote Originally Posted by therealcoachK View Post
    I will be leaving my -20 temp in SD to be at this FSU game. I am a HS math teacher and used up all my personal leave in Oct and was thinking of not attending a Duke game this year. But even though the atmosphere won't be the same without the students, I just had to see this team in person.
    Sure hope this ends better than the last game I was at-->NCSU last year.
    Quite the temperature swing going to the packed heat of Cameron! Hope you can bring the noise and energy to make up for the smaller student crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Quite the temperature swing going to the packed heat of Cameron! Hope you can bring the noise and energy to make up for the smaller student crowd.
    Has the average height or students fallen or is there now a height restriction on non-athlete students?
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

I posted this in another thread but thought it bears repeating:

12/5/2016 we beat Tennessee State by only 10, a game in which we led by 4 at the half and by 3 with 12 minutes left in the game.
    12/21/2016 we beat Elon by only 10 (the Grayson tripping game). They were up 1 at the half and we led by only 4 with 16 minutes left.
    12/30/2015 we trailed Long Beach State for most of the first half, before entering halftime up by 6
    12/29/2014 we led Toledo by only 4 at the half

These post-holiday break games are always a grind. It was encouraging that we shot so well against Evansville after the exam break, but the difference is that during that break the team continued to practice every day. I’m expecting a close game but if we play to our strengths we should be able to pull it out.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I posted this in another thread but thought it bears repeating:

12/5/2016 we beat Tennessee State by only 10, a game in which we led by 4 at the half and by 3 with 12 minutes left in the game.
    12/21/2016 we beat Elon by only 10 (the Grayson tripping game). They were up 1 at the half and we led by only 4 with 16 minutes left.
    12/30/2015 we trailed Long Beach State for most of the first half, before entering halftime up by 6
    12/29/2014 we led Toledo by only 4 at the half

These post-holiday break games are always a grind. It was encouraging that we shot so well against Evansville after the exam break, but the difference is that during that break the team continued to practice every day. I’m expecting a close game but if we play to our strengths we should be able to pull it out.
    right. This would be a great win. Needed win- Don’t wont 0-2 as our start !

https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeMBB/s...339525/video/1

coach K thinks we will be ready...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    My dream one day is to be like my hero JasonEvans and learn how to embed these videos. Or maybe it is an iPad Problem after all?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Man, I think I scheduled my flight back to West Coast at around this time (what moron had that idea?!). Still, I’ll watch as much as I can before I have to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    My dream one day is to be like my hero JasonEvans and learn how to embed these videos. Or maybe it is an iPad Problem after all?
    Hold down the refresh button in your Safari browser (the round arrow at the top, next to the URL) and select "Request Desktop Site." Then when you reply you'll have the options for embedding links, videos, emojis, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    More than a little concerned about the atmosphere in Cameron on Saturday. Who's going to fire up the boys?
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    most students will not be there...
    Duke is 0-1 in conference play and about to face #24 FSU in Cameron without many of the Crazies. Will the non-students fill the building and make some noise?

Coach K shared this exact concern recently, and an FSU player, of all people, put him at ease.

"K... people will come, K. They'll come to Durham for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as freshmen, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $500 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the student section, and stand in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have to stand somewhere along one of the sidelines, where the Crazies on TV cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, K. The one constant through all the years, K, has been basketball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a dry erase board, rebuilt and erased again. But basketball has marked the time. This court, this game: it's a part of our past, K. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come, K. People will most definitely come."

- Terance Mann, junior guard, Florida State University

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Duke is 0-1 in conference play and about to face #24 FSU in Cameron without many of the Crazies. Will the non-students fill the building and make some noise?

Coach K shared this exact concern recently, and an FSU player, of all people, put him at ease.

"K... people will come, K. They'll come to Durham for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as freshmen, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $500 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the student section, and stand in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have to stand somewhere along one of the sidelines, where the Crazies on TV cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, K. The one constant through all the years, K, has been basketball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a dry erase board, rebuilt and erased again. But basketball has marked the time. This court, this game: it's a part of our past, K. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come, K. People will most definitely come."

"You're seeing a whole team of psychiatrists aren't you?" - Terance Mann

There will be people there. I am more worrried that the defense will show up.

Hey Terance "ya' wanna have a catch?" I feel misty-eyed...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by millerecu View Post
    Just find Montague Street. There's a basement place just down some stairs. They have music in the cafe at night and a bit of revolution in the air.

Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Just find Montague Street. There's a basement place just down some stairs. They have music in the cafe at night and a bit of revolution in the air.
    I’m worried he’ll get tangled up in blue, but maybe that’s okay, as long as it is the proper shade of blue.

where did you find this quote...love it but can't seem to find the source for it and just want to see how it came up?
    "I wanted it to be in my hands," Roach said of his game-sealing drive. "I wanted to take—I wanted that moment."

"Definitely was a bit personal for me," Roach added. "I mean, what happened last year, obviously, but just wanted to come out here and do anything I can to get this win, and we did that." Duke-Carolina, Cameron Indoor, Feb. 4th 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Duke76 View Post
    where did you find this quote...love it but can't seem to find the source for it and just want to see how it came up?
    one could say he was FIELDing in the questions OF his DREAMS
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke76 View Post
    Well, if you have to explain the joke...

TERANCE Mann plays basketball for Florida State. His name is very close to TERENCE Mann, James Earl Jones' character in Field of Dreams. I took his famous speech about Iowa's worst producing cornfield and repurposed it for Cameron.