Page 673 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 1735736236636716726736746756837237731173 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,460 of 26103
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am still watching that thread. I travel all over and I love craft beer. I am intrigued by this "Oktoberfest" thing.
    I cordially invite you to participate in the thread, and to attend next Saturday's "Virtual Pub," focused on German beers.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Prez discussions. Apologies for the detour.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

If I buy my beer from Trader Joe's does that count since they are a German company?

This will likely hit the news cycle for about 2 seconds and won't change anyone's opinion, but another defector from Trump's camp - Pence's former top homeland security aide is endorsing Biden and among other things says that Trump was happy about coronavirus because it gave him an excuse to not have to shake hands with "disgusting" people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0j6...ature=youtu.be

But our taxes are lower so we have that going for us...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    This will likely hit the news cycle for about 2 seconds and won't change anyone's opinion, but another defector from Trump's camp - Pence's former top homeland security aide is endorsing Biden and among other things says that Trump was happy about coronavirus because it gave him an excuse to not have to shake hands with "disgusting" people.

...which is pretty sweet.

...which is pretty sweet.
    Ah...maybe not: https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post

We're inching closer to the prophesy I have foretold and only I find amusing...

If Pence says he is voting for Biden and his team lays out all of the reasons he should not and then they ask him if he is still voting for Biden and he replies: "Always..." then you win!

Wait. Or did you mean he gets killed by a snake?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I have a theory that lower taxes leads to bigger government. You will never starve the beast.

That said no has made fiscal discipline a campaign issue since 2000.

Wait. Or did you mean he gets killed by a snake?
    Not before he has a magic duel with Pelosi.

You ain't the only one excited here!!!!! I'm on board.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Are they selling tickets? I wanna see that one. That would be better than quidditch.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Or tequila shots? I seem to remember some spell about Patron or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Or tequila shots? I seem to remember some spell about Patron or some such.
    You’re thinking if the traditional Texas late night Groomsmen wedding cry of “Patron-on-us”, then everyone starts seeing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    A needle encased in fully dried cement. POTUS shooting someone in broad daylight on Fifth Avenue won’t move it.
    That said, the fivethirtyeight aggregate poll has slowly but steadily tightened. On August 24, Biden had a lead of 9.3. Today it is 6.6.

So Biden has lost 1/3 of his lead over the past 3-4 weeks: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/national/

Of course, polls always shift. Biden has still been in the 6-9 point lead range for quite a while. What I’m watching is to see whether the lead drifts lower and potentially below the 6 point line or at some point starts to shift back toward the middle of that range.
    Carolina delenda est

Just watched the CNN Town Hall with Biden.

Trump has lowered the bar so low on Biden's mental fitness that I think it will come back and bite Trump in the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

I thought that Biden did an excellent job on his feet. Some slips and losses of his train of thought but overall I thought he was very strong and fired up.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post

Trump has lowered the bar so low on Biden's mental fitness that I think it will come back and bite Trump in the I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

I thought that Biden did an excellent job on his feet. Some slips and losses of his train of thought but overall I thought he was very strong and fired up.
    I didn't realize it was on, so I only caught the last 15 minutes. I agree on the train of thought, but he can fix that easy if he doesn't make his answers so meandering. It's not often that one can find fault in having so much to say, but he obviously does, and that can lead him from point A to point D while skipping past B & C. Hopefully a focus during debate prep is concise answers.

I agree with your overall assumption, he looked like he did well.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post

Mrs. F said she thought he looked strong...I agree.

The debates are going to be very interesting because we never see Trump being challenged with an alternative view point and Biden as he proved tonight will do that quite forcefully.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    These seeming contradictions are easily explainable (from the hardcore Republican viewpoint):

Their pocketbook is today but the deficit is viewed as a down-the-road problem.
    Yeah, just like the foolish climate change deniers who don’t want to do anything substantive RIGHT NOW about dealing with this very literal earth-shattering issue. All they do is continue to lie, deny, and make excuses while our precious planet burns 🔥.

It is beyond shameful and we will ALL pay the price. We already are.

I watched Joe's entire Town Hall...

On the one hand, there were no flubs or gaffes that I saw. He is clearly mentally fit. He does a great job of connecting with people in a real way. It helped that these were Pennsylvanians from his part of the state and he often commented on their home towns and how their story was connected to his.

But, his answers were too long and often featured rambling sidebars. There were a few times he clearly lost focus and never really came close to answering what was asked. One time in particular, a woman who said she was a Republican asked a pretty reasonable question about enhanced unemployment benefits paying more than some regular jobs and he never even came close to addressing that concern. At one point, Biden almost started to explain mRNA versus adenovirus vaccines but stopped himself and shifted his focus. It seemed like Biden was sorting through a million facts in his head to find the ones that would most connect to the question and his audience.

All in all, he was fine. Anderson Cooper and the crowd were really respectful and largely threw him softball questions. It did not feel nearly as contentious as Trump's town hall on ABC earlier this week. Biden clearly exceeded the "he's senile!" bar that Trump keeps laying out for him but I thought he did little to really "wow" me. He wasn't close to as good as he was in his convention speech.

I actually think a debate will be good for him because the time limits will force him to be a bit more concise and focused. He is clearly well-briefed and knows the facts which may help him to fact-check Trump in real time, which will be very important to him.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?