• Florida Atlantic

7 10.61%
  • Miami

27 40.91%
  • Connecticut

27 40.91%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    On the other hand, if college basketball were more like college football, the Selection Committee would just skip the first four rounds and automatically plug Alabama into the Final Four.
    In case it wasn't clear, I meant to suggest that it is a fantastic thing that teams like SD State, FAU, Miami, and UConn get a chance to play for a championship instead of a meaningless mid-week, mid-afternoon, mid-Decemeber bowl game.

First time since there were McDonald's All Americans in 1979, we have a FF that has ZERO McDonald's AAs.

Recruiting Top HS players is out, recruiting proven college players to transfer is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    First time since there were McDonald's All Americans in 1979, we have a FF that has ZERO McDonald's AAs.

Recruiting Top HS players is out, recruiting proven college players to transfer is in.
    Yep 1 time in 44 years- clearly the way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Yup. Hot takes rule. Whatever just happened is the best and is the way it will be from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    I might pick Miami to win it all, but man, UCONN has been just killing teams. They are playing at such a high level, I don’t know if the other three final four teams really can match them. I’m not a fan of UCONN( too many bad memories regarding their past games against Duke), but unless they just have a bad game, I see no way they will lose next weekend!
    I'm with u the other 3 teams just won't be able to take down uconn.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Yep 1 time in 44 years- clearly the way to win.
    It’s happened in ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the Final Fours I have watched this calendar year.

Don’t mess with a streak — Crash Davis taught us this already!

(although I wish we were in it, I do take some delight in anything that dents the one-and-done BS that has helped destroy college basketball for me.)

I have barely watched any of this tournament. Am i in the minority or am I right in thinking the ratings have to be awful? And will continue to get worse.

Miami is so dangerous w their shooting and playmaking. But I think they’re going to have problems inside Vs UConn. As strong and as good as Omier is, Sanogo is bigger, and just as strong if not stronger. And when Sanogo takes a blow, they bring in the 7’2” Clingan who while not an elite athlete can still get buckets inside and block shots. Omier is 6’7” and Miami doesn’t really have a backup center.

UConn has its whole team playing great. Sharing the ball. Power inside and shooters knocking down shots. Intense pressure on D. It’s gonna take a GREAT game by the Canes to take them down.

I saw an interview of Dan Hurley today and forgot about his ten years as head coach of St. Benedict's, a high school in Newark. He mentioned some of the players he coached there including Lance Thomas, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson. They were a big rival to his dad's team at St. Anthony's (which was Hurley's alma mater) and have historically been known for their soccer program, as the alma mater of Claudio Reyna, Greg Berhalter and others.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    I have barely watched any of this tournament. Am i in the minority or am I right in thinking the ratings have to be awful? And will continue to get worse.
    I don’t expect ratings to be great for the FF- no blue bloods - no stars. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Yup. Hot takes rule. Whatever just happened is the best and is the way it will be from now on.
    Didn't realize Colin Cowherd was posting on here now.

Am I the only one who expects UConn to just ROLL 2018-Nova-style?

They're on fire right now PLUS are vastly better than the other 3 on full season metrics. I know any day, any one game, yadda yadda yadda. IDK - I think UConn is going to demolish Miami AND whoever they face in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post

They're on fire right now PLUS are vastly better than the other 3 on full season metrics. I know any day, any one game, yadda yadda yadda. IDK - I think UConn is going to demolish Miami AND whoever they face in the final.
    I'm not sure how they're going to deal with uconn's size inside, and rebounding strength overall. Karaban is a weakness miller should be able to attack.

Uconn hasn't had a "bad" offensive performance since their loss to creighton in february, and on average performed better in slightly slower games. So I expect if this game is close, it will be a barn burner.
    1200. DDMF.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Can't have uconnvict Winning this thing.
    Anyone else.
    It's ABC after all. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm not sure how they're going to deal with uconn's size inside, and rebounding strength overall. Karaban is a weakness miller should be able to attack.

Uconn hasn't had a "bad" offensive performance since their loss to creighton in february, and on average performed better in slightly slower games. So I expect if this game is close, it will be a barn burner.
    Have to give inside minim defense ball denial pass denial.if the get it in give it up run down the court spread it.
    Mid range jumpers and threes .hope your shooting is on.

I’m torn. I really don’t want UConn joining our five timers’ club. But I’m super happy for Danny Hurley.

It would be great to have the team Duke beat twice this season to win it.

But I love underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    I might pick Miami to win it all, but man, UCONN has been just killing teams. They are playing at such a high level, I don’t know if the other three final four teams really can match them. I’m not a fan of UCONN( too many bad memories regarding their past games against Duke), but unless they just have a bad game, I see no way they will lose next weekend!
    So when UConn loses in the final four, it will “SHOCK THE WORLD!”
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post

Yeah, the betting line is UCONN over Miami by 5.5. After all, Miami barely overcame Texas and a 4 pt line. No way the Canes can overcome such a whopping perceived deficit.😒

Did I hear Dan Hurley say they hadn't lost a game outside conference play and added they play in the best conference in the nation?

GoDuke!

Miami will have to score at least 80 points to beat UConn but will probably end up in the low 60s. At least UConn plays an entertaining brand of basketball.