Page 2618 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 16182118251825682608261626172618261926202628266827183118 ... LastLast
Results 52,341 to 52,360 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There is a FANTASTIC cronut place here in the Pawleys/Litchfield area. Several of their items will be keeping us company for the drive back north tomorrow.
    Good. And also safe travels.

I'm hoping there are brisket tacos tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm hoping there are brisket tacos tomorrow.

There were brisket tacos 🌮

friend of mine has always been a Costco skeptic (he'd never been in the place) but he has really come around, and was happier than a pig in poo when he marched out of Costco with his 12 lb brisket this week...looked like the carcass it was.

There were brisket tacos 🌮
    That is a win my friend!

snowing

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    snowing
    I feel you.

I had my intended inaugural lawn mowing last weekend delayed due to snow. That ought to be illegal.

Anyways, got er done yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I feel you.

I had my intended inaugural lawn mowing last weekend delayed due to snow. That ought to be illegal.

Anyways, got er done yesterday.
    lawn not ready yet for mowing, but is actually turning green, could be another two weeks before my motivation kicks in. Have to go buy my annual 5 gallon can of ethanol free gas...would like to be doing my 7 yards of mulch now, but the mulch truck can't get to us because roads are restricted in town due to mud, mud, and more mud.

lawn not ready yet for mowing, but is actually turning green, could be another two weeks before my motivation kicks in. Have to go buy my annual 5 gallon can of ethanol free gas...would like to be doing my 7 yards of mulch now, but the mulch truck can't get to us because roads are restricted in town due to mud, mud, and more mud.
    My yard is a quarter acre, but it is incredibly steep. Mowing is a massive pain. Obviously too steep for riding mower. Propelled mower helps, but slips on the slope if it isn't bone dry, making it dangerous. Unpropelled push mower is much lighter, but requires piles of elbow grease.

Previous owner of our house used golf shoes to avoid slipping. He also would frequently pay the neighbor kid $60 for mowing - which I thought was absurd. Of course, the kid aged out of this offer now that I see the brilliance of this plan.

My yard is a quarter acre, but it is incredibly steep. Mowing is a massive pain. Obviously too steep for riding mower. Propelled mower helps, but slips on the slope if it isn't bone dry, making it dangerous. Unpropelled push mower is much lighter, but requires piles of elbow grease.

Previous owner of our house used golf shoes to avoid slipping. He also would frequently pay the neighbor kid $60 for mowing - which I thought was absurd. Of course, the kid aged out of this offer now that I see the brilliance of this plan.
    I still mow myself despite being a geezer..an aerobic activity that takes 90 minutes with a propelled mower that needs LOTS of pushing as we too have slopes, not quite as bad as yours I suspect. The days of kids wandering by to mow ended with Oldsmobiles I fear...meanwhile, a pal of mine and I have a 40 year old pact (we call it the Fatwa): if either sees the other, ever, on a riding lawnmower, we are to terminate with prejudice. I will not live like that. I think I'm good for another mowing season, we shall see...meanwhile my pantload neighbor LOVES his riding mower, literally mows every two days...painful to watch.

Electric mowers tend to be a bit lighter than ICE.

I have a Black and Decker battery powered that recently died. I'd ho through about six batteries for each mow, so I probably won't be reinvesting in that.

I'm on my 4th neighborhood kid mowing my yard over the past 20-some years. It's been a great system!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I'm on my 4th neighborhood kid mowing my yard over the past 20-some years. It's been a great system!

-jk
    I've got some kids nearby who are preteens and a few who are toddlers. The future looks bright for my mowing prospects.

I still mow myself despite being a geezer..an aerobic activity that takes 90 minutes with a propelled mower that needs LOTS of pushing as we too have slopes, not quite as bad as yours I suspect. The days of kids wandering by to mow ended with Oldsmobiles I fear...meanwhile, a pal of mine and I have a 40 year old pact (we call it the Fatwa): if either sees the other, ever, on a riding lawnmower, we are to terminate with prejudice. I will not live like that. I think I'm good for another mowing season, we shall see...meanwhile my pantload neighbor LOVES his riding mower, literally mows every two days...painful to watch.

Early in their marriage, my mother received a lawn mower for Mother’s Day. Choice between a present for her and a needed expense. About 40 year's later, she got another lawnmower for Mother’s Day. This time it was a ride on and truly was a gift as she worried about Dad and mowing in the hot humid days of a Kansas summer. Lot was just under an acre on a hill. It took two of us about an hour and a half to mow and bag with two self-propelled lawnmowers. He eventually went to a service

My "lawn" would utterly consume and poop out an electric mower...and alas, the local lads have all moved on...it is my understanding that if you ask kids about mowing lawns these days, they laugh at you.

Plenty of "lawn service" guys around, the same guys who plow snow in the Winter...not cheap, but someday I'll need to transition out of mowage...

Jebediah was an Amish bullfrog.

snowing
    83° here

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Jebediah was an Amish bullfrog.
    Must be home?

Must be home?
    Yep. Tomorrow it’s to battle with stinky house ants and carpenter bees.