Page 1881 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 88113811781183118711879188018811882188318911931198123812881 ... LastLast
Results 37,601 to 37,620 of 67409
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did you mow your own head?
    I mow mine every 5-7 days

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I mow mine every 5-7 days
    Bout right. You old enough to get those weird weeds in your ears and eyebrows yet?

tornado here!

We managed ourselves a genuine tornado yesterday, EF-1...transformed an attached garage into a severely detached one, tossed a Subaru across the yard, several people evidently hurt. Tornados are uncommon here, but not rare, we get one or two per year: https://www.wcax.com/2021/03/27/torn...severe-damage/

Did you mow your own head?
    Indeed, at too low of a setting.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    We managed ourselves a genuine tornado yesterday, EF-1...transformed an attached garage into a severely detached one, tossed a Subaru across the yard, several people evidently hurt. Tornados are uncommon here, but not rare, we get one or two per year: https://www.wcax.com/2021/03/27/torn...severe-damage/
    Your Subaru?* Hopefully, the injuries are minor.

We have a community garage sale going on. Lots of cars/vehicles. I have nothing for sale which is a mistake on my part.

*The national car maker of the state of Vermont.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 03-27-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Home automation is a good thing I think. At least until the robots take over.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Your Subaru?* Hopefully, the injuries are minor,

We have a community garage sale going on. Lots of cars/vehicles. I have nothing for sale which is a mistake on my part.

*The national car maker of the state of Vermont.
    No, near here but not here! Indeed Subarus are everywhere here, I once had several myself...anyone remember the off color comment on Veep (among hundreds of others) regarding Vermont and Subarus?

Home automation is a good thing I think. At least until the robots take over.
    I have some dopey friends who bought Roombas, now the robots have a toe hold they'll never relinquish. Fools!

Bout right. You old enough to get those weird weeds in your ears and eyebrows yet?
    Ohmygod! I hate that! I had to purchase a trimmer.

No, near here but not here! Indeed Subarus are everywhere here, I once had several myself...anyone remember the off color comment on Veep (among hundreds of others) regarding Vermont and Subarus?
    We own 3 Subarus and a Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder I found on a great deal used. The three Subarus we all purchased new and they were fantastic purchases. We are very sensible car owners.

Perfect car for two kids and a dog?

That's what the ads say.

I last ran a 5k in 2003. Feeling like I should start getting back into the swing of things.

Pleasantly surprised to see that it is a mostly masked event.

I have some dopey friends who bought Roombas, now the robots have a toe hold they'll never relinquish. Fools!
    Two Echo Dots and two smart plugs. It takes a small bit of time to learn the right syntaxes but I do like being able to turn stuff off and on from elsewhere in the house. I can turn on lights in the morning before getting out of bed.

I'm more in the market for a pickup truck, need to move car parts, household items, and lawn and garden stuff.

We own 3 Subarus and a Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder I found on a great deal used. The three Subarus we all purchased new and they were fantastic purchases. We are very sensible car owners.
    I had two of the earliest models sold..my 1978 model was about the narrowest car I've ever seen as it was designed for the Japanese forestry folks...four wheel drive (of course), incredibly reliable, but back then Subarus had ZERO rustproofing, the hood and all four fenders rusted out within two years...fortunately (kind of) I hit three deer with that car, so I kept getting new front fenders and hoods..one time a 100 lb deer managed to kill the radiator as well...my 1982 model was much improved, some semblance of rustproofing, considerably larger. The Outbacks now are about thrice the size of those cars...

I loved the owner's manual in the first one, they did not have the A Team translators on the task, lots of stuff like "Do Not Do This or Big Noise May Occur!"

The perfect car for two kids and a dog is a minivan. If you feel like you are too cool to purchase a minivan remember that you have two kids and a dog. You aren't cool.

I had two of the earliest models sold..my 1978 model was about the narrowest car I've ever seen as it was designed for the Japanese forestry folks...four wheel drive (of course), incredibly reliable, but back then Subarus had ZERO rustproofing, the hood and all four fenders rusted out within two years...fortunately (kind of) I hit three deer with that car, so I kept getting new front fenders and hoods..one time a 100 lb deer managed to kill the radiator as well...my 1982 model was much improved, some semblance of rustproofing, considerably larger. The Outbacks now are about thrice the size of those cars...

I loved the owner's manual in the first one, they did not have the A Team translators on the task, lots of stuff like "Do Not Do This or Big Noise May Occur!"
    We have two Subaru Legacies and one of the midsize SUV, which I assume has a name but I don't know because my wife drives it. My daughter and I both drive a legacy, which is the sedan version. I can't fathom having anything nicer then these cars, which we paod 20,000 each for. Anything nicer would seem opulent and we aren't showy car people. Basically I feel fortunate to have air conditioning and power windows, so everything else seems superfluous.

We have two Subaru Legacies and one of the midsize SUV, which I assume has a name but I don't know because my wife drives it. My daughter and I both drive a legacy, which is the sedan version. I can't fathom having anything nicer then these cars, which we paod 20,000 each for. Anything nicer would seem opulent and we aren't showy car people. Basically I feel fortunate to have air conditioning and power windows, so everything else seems superfluous.
    Consumer Reports loves their reliability, durability...wife's car is likely a Forester or Outback. Only one thing to think about: as you approach 100,000 (if), be prepared for head gasket issues...Subaru mechanics often advise people to offload the cars before then, just a thought.

Meanwhile: went to the basement to get wood chips, found water everywhere, clogged drain, there's my afternoon!