Page 555 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 5545550554555355455555655756560565510551555 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Infarcations: Case presentation: 58 year old caucasian male presents with a Jayhawk sticker attached to his chest after his team was completely embarassed by said fiesty bird. ECG reveals a curious lead II pattern of 9F9F9F9F.

Disposition: patient discharged home to Chapel Hell to face the rath of the most unfaithful, unreasonable fan base on the face of the earth.

Addendum: stupid fan base conveniently forgets betrayal after dadgum group hypnosis. Prognosis: the only cure will be the complete and utter devastation of the pathetic light blues by the superior Blue Devils! GTHC, GTH!!
    Great job, DukePA!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I'm getting my creative juices flowing by baking something new. Trying a cappuccino mousse pie!
    How did the pie turn out? Good enough to make the recipe thread?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm going to a conference in Newport Beach tomorrow. Should be fun! I even get to facilitate one of the sessions... I presented last year.

Anyhoo, drinking... debauchery... ahhhhh this conference rocks! And our party this year has a Mardi Gras theme.

We finish on Wednesday afternoon, at which point I'll head up to the West side and go to JulesinLA's gamewatch for the MD game (as time permits). Yippee!
    Have a great time at the conference, Sue! May this week be better than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Congrats Arkie! It's possible although not a promise that you might get your scarf as a housewarming present.

My Oscar Predictions
    Best Picture - Milk
    Best Director - Danny Boyle
    Best Actor - Sean Penn
    Best Actress - Meryl Streep (What!?!, I know, but I've got a feeling.)
    Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger
    Best Supporting Actress - Penelop Cruz
    Great - thanks! No big deal if you don't finish in time for that, though. I know how crazy things can get. BTW, how's training? ARe the knees holding up better this year?

It will be interesting to see how your predictions hold up. Popular opinion is that no one has a chance against Ledger. I haven't seen any of the nominated movies, so I won't even begin to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm...I'll probably be watching something else at that time.
    Sorry, YMo - I don't think Desperate Housewives is going to be on this week because of the Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm going to a conference in Newport Beach tomorrow. Should be fun! I even get to facilitate one of the sessions... I presented last year.

Anyhoo, drinking... debauchery... ahhhhh this conference rocks! And our party this year has a Mardi Gras theme.

We finish on Wednesday afternoon, at which point I'll head up to the West side and go to JulesinLA's gamewatch for the MD game (as time permits). Yippee!
    Enjoy! You've earned it! I'll toast you from my conference at the Sheraton Imperial RTP.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Great job, DukePA!
    Thank you I was half awake when I wrote that which means the internal censors were still sleeping .

Sorry, YMo - I don't think Desperate Housewives is going to be on this week because of the Oscars.
    Yeah, no Housewives this week, but there is a race on...

How did the pie turn out? Good enough to make the recipe thread?
    Well, it took 2nd place in the dessert competition (for a mardi gras party held by my area dive club), but honestly, I didn't think it was all that good. For a mousse pie, the mousse had a weird texture. The recipe called for too much gelatin, not enough egg yolks, methinks. That's what I get for using a recipe out of a somewhat health-conscious cookbook.

Congrats on the condo, btw!

Yeah, no Housewives this week, but there is a race on...
    Oh, and a little basketball game to watch as well.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hmmm...I'll probably be watching something else at that time.
    Most of the big awards will be given out after the game is over. And why have a remote if you don't use it to flip back and forth between shows?

Most of the big awards will be given out after the game is over. And why have a remote if you don't use it to flip back and forth between shows?
    My guess is Ymo will be watching *anything else* besides the Oscars...

I have determined that Duke loses if I watch the game live at the end. When I watch tape delay they win. Therefore, I will not be watching the Wake game live. Have to do my part as a 6th man to help the team win. Will be absent on the net during and immediately after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Thank you I was half awake when I wrote that which means the internal censors were still sleeping .
    I understand completely. When I was in college I did a much better job on papers for philosophy and lit classes if I did them very late at night while half asleep. My theory is that I had to turn off the overly analytical, scientific part of my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Well, it took 2nd place in the dessert competition (for a mardi gras party held by my area dive club), but honestly, I didn't think it was all that good. For a mousse pie, the mousse had a weird texture. The recipe called for too much gelatin, not enough egg yolks, methinks. That's what I get for using a recipe out of a somewhat health-conscious cookbook.

Congrats on the condo, btw!
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to having a real kitchen again - and a washer/dryer combo that doesn't require quarters!

Too bad about the pie. It's amazing to me how much different recipes are if you look back at cookbooks from the early- to mid-1900s. Cake recipes are especially different. The fat content is typically much higher. As a result, the texture of the finished product is very different as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Oh, and a little basketball game to watch as well.
    Mustn't ... watch ... live ... Must ... be ... strong ...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Sounds like a great week is ahead, and a well deserved break from the week in hell that you just experienced!
    I didn't know sue71 was at unc recently

She should have given us a call to rescue her...

Smile

Congrats Arkie! It's possible although not a promise that you might get your scarf as a housewarming present.

My Oscar Predictions
    Best Picture - Milk
    Best Director - Danny Boyle
    Best Actor - Sean Penn
    Best Actress - Meryl Streep (What!?!, I know, but I've got a feeling.)
    Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger
    Best Supporting Actress - Penelop Cruz
    Difference of opinion on:
    Best Picture: Slumdog
    Best Actor: Mickey Rourke

Is there a chance Marisa Tomei gets an Oscar? AGAIN!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

As DA mentioned I'll be watching anything other than the Oscars. The main reason is that they move too slow...I'm very interested in who wins. Honestly, I probably won't have the TV on by the time the big awards are handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I didn't know sue71 was at unc recently

She should have given us a call to rescue her...
    Um... I was one step up. Barely.

But last week is in the past and I'm going to have FUN this week.

Thanks for the offer, though!