Page 2597 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 15972097249725472587259525962597259825992607264726973097 ... LastLast
Results 51,921 to 51,940 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, air conditioning season appears to have been delayed a day or two.
    Yeah, we've been yo-yo-ing a good bit.

Family is driving down to SC beach Saturday so hopefully it's nothing but warm weather and azaleas down there.

We'll all be wearing our Duke gear; told my wife we absolutely CANNOT get pulled over in NC dressed like that on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, we've been yo-yo-ing a good bit.

Family is driving down to SC beach Saturday so hopefully it's nothing but warm weather and azaleas down there.

We'll all be wearing our Duke gear; told my wife we absolutely CANNOT get pulled over in NC dressed like that on Saturday.
    It was 62 and glorious in Calgary yesterday and this morning it is snowing. Pull yourself together Calgary. You're drunk. I did meet a Duke grad last night while out to dinner and the next time I come up we are going to hang out. What a nice dude.

So a very close friend of 50+ years has a big house in Burington VT and rents out an apartment therein...renter seemed to be a very nice guy with a nice wife, studying for an advanced degree, when one day a year or so ago the wife came over to see my friend screaming that her husband was a monster. She wasn't kidding: https://www.wcax.com/2022/03/30/burl...s-murder-plot/

Child torture, murder videos, you name it, this guy did it...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    So a very close friend of 50+ years has a big house in Burington VT and rents out an apartment therein...renter seemed to be a very nice guy with a nice wife, studying for an advanced degree, when one day a year or so ago the wife came over to see my friend screaming that her husband was a monster. She wasn't kidding: https://www.wcax.com/2022/03/30/burl...s-murder-plot/

Yikes. Monsters are among us, probably more than ever get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

Wow. Where was he in Burlington?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. Where was he in Burlington?
    Up in the fancy Hill section, Summit Street...near some of Champlain College, great lake view, ten minute walk to downtown. Our friend has a big, valuable house but little money, so she rents an apartment in her house, this guy seemed like a fine chap. She was just telling us about this the other day...the wife must have stumbled upon some of the videos, because she totally freaked out, and shortly thereafter four large SUVs pulled up and dragged this guy away...

A family member is a dentist. He used to send all his children in need of braces to an orthodontist buddy of his…who he watched get caught on to catch a predator.

A family member is a dentist. He used to send all his children in need of braces to an orthodontist buddy of his…who he watched get caught on to catch a predator.
    Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Holy crap.
    Yeah. Dude ran the office with his wife, too. He ended up in jail and she divorced him and got the business.

How many push-ups is too many?

I’m surprised Clemmons hasn’t entered Kool-Aid man style to answer this.

Koooooooool aiiiiiiiiid! When I first started this weird crap I could do about 30 a set without hurting myself and now I do sets of 125 on average. I got to where I could do 500 pretty easily in 4 sets so I assumed I would just increase above 500 and that took its toll on me. I think I lost strength rather than gained at that point so I just do 4 sets of 125 for 500. But it took me months to get to that point. Probably 8 months.

Koooooooool aiiiiiiiiid! When I first started this weird crap I could do about 30 a set without hurting myself and now I do sets of 125 on average. I got to where I could do 500 pretty easily in 4 sets so I assumed I would just increase above 500 and that took its toll on me. I think I lost strength rather than gained at that point so I just do 4 sets of 125 for 500. But it took me months to get to that point. Probably 8 months.
    Yeah, I'm only on sets of 60 right now but do 5 or when I miscount like today, 6. In the evening I do wider grip push ups but only sets of 40.

Yeah, I'm only on sets of 60 right now but do 5 or when I miscount like today, 6. In the evening I do wider grip push ups but only sets of 40.
    It literally took me 3 months to get to sets of 50-60. Also wide grip are absolute brutality on my shoulders and I can't do them. Respect.

It literally took me 3 months to get to sets of 50-60. Also wide grip are absolute brutality on my shoulders and I can't do them. Respect.
    I should be clearer, wider grip, but not sure wide grip is truly accurate.

What do you do on basketball Armageddon eve?

What do you do on basketball Armageddon eve?
    Mow the lawn, pull weeds, and get ready for a drive to New Orleans.

Koooooooool aiiiiiiiiid!
    Pardon my nitpicking, but aren't you supposed to yell, "OH, YEAH!!!!" as you bust into this conversation?

I didn’t find the DBR April fools joke on the main page very funny this year.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I didn’t find the DBR April fools joke on the main page very funny this year.
    I didn't even find it.