Page 2199 of 3387 FirstFirst ... 119916992099214921892197219821992200220122092249229926993199 ... LastLast
Results 43,961 to 43,980 of 67739
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I just ate an entire pound of bacon. There are certain circles where that would be considered unhealthy.
    Not here

I just ate an entire pound of bacon. There are certain circles where that would be considered unhealthy.
    None that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I like Tillamook Ice Cream.
    We had Tillamook ice cream and cheese at the creamery for lunch one day on our honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Not here
    This is why I like this crowd. It supports my biases.

I have developed a taste for Motley Crue over time. There was a point in my life where I felt that Poison was kind of fun. And I would argue that Hysteria by Def Leppard was a legitimately great album. Otherwise I would suggest that Guns and Roses and Metallica sounded the death knell for hair bands because they offered all of the heavy guitar riffs with actual composition. Those two bands laid bare the emptiness of hair band music. That being said, we know that I'm afraid of you and if I need to include Twisted Sister in the above I will do so at your request.
    I think "hair" is underrated, and honestly the lines are so blurry and metal is so over-subcategorized that it doesn't really matter anyway. Hair metal is the only type of metal my wife will at all tolerate, and my tastes tend toward the more composed, melodic stuff too. There's quite a bit of stuff that has been often ridiculed, but is actually not bad at all. Whitesnake, for example, has some really solid material.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    We had Tillamook ice cream and cheese at the creamery for lunch one day on our honeymoon.
    I only need that data point to know you married well!

I think "hair" is underrated, and honestly the lines are so blurry and metal is so over-subcategorized that it doesn't really matter anyway. Hair metal is the only type of metal my wife will at all tolerate, and my tastes tend toward the more composed, melodic stuff too. There's quite a bit of stuff that has been often ridiculed, but is actually not bad at all. Whitesnake, for example, has some really solid material.
    I hate when you disagree with me because it means I have to change my mind.

furniture ordered eight months ago has finally arrived in the warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Already?!?!

Already?!?!
    I wonder what color it is.

Do you remember what you ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Do you remember what you ordered?
    only because I dug out the order sheet from under The Pile of other stuff we've ordered but haven't received. Evidently two club chairs, two ottomans (ottomen?), a couch and two end tables.

Hahaha! This killed me for some reason. Still can't spork.

ottomans (ottomen?),
    Also fantastic. You should pull a Costanza and call it a day. Always leave 'em wanting more.

The Asian warehouse or one here in the US?

IKEA?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The Asian warehouse or one here in the US?
    Isn't that the place Bob Kraft frequented?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My third grade teacher looked just like Wonder Woman (Carter).
    Did you have Ms. Mooney for 3rd grade?

Private side joke talking about people nobody else here knows except maybe jk: Remember Coach Avery? His son Michael was in my mother's 1st grade class the when I was at Jordan. This story was relayed to my family by his mother: Michael announced at dinner one night that he had 3 girlfriends. When asked who they were he said: Wonder Woman, Daisy on The Dukes of Hazzard, and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Did you have Ms. Mooney for 3rd grade?

Private side joke talking about people nobody else here knows except maybe jk: Remember Coach Avery? His son Michael was in my mother's 1st grade class the when I was at Jordan. This story was relayed to my family by his mother: Michael announced at dinner one night that he had 3 girlfriends. When asked who they were he said: Wonder Woman, Daisy on The Dukes of Hazzard, and me.
    Yes! We called her Wonder Woman all the time!

I, unfortunately, did not have Coach Avery for Advanced Math. Wish I had.

You're right up there with WW and Daisy Duke!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am not at all ashamed of my love for disco music. Also, Duran Duran.

When I feel like making middle-aged men get their panties in a twist, I tell them that Duran Duran is a way better band than The Police. (True.) Did you know that Duran Duran is still together? One thing they have in common, both Sting and Simon LeBon are still with the women they married in the '80s (ok, ok, Sting and Trudie Styler didn't get married until the '90s, but they were together in the '80s.)