Page 2157 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 115716572057210721472155215621572158215921672207225726573157 ... LastLast
Results 43,121 to 43,140 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    To each his own but I think people that eat the inside of burritos in a bowl should be deported to Finland.
    Hey, what did the Finns do wrong to deserve such punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hey, what did the Finns do wrong to deserve such punishment?
    Yeah. Wow. Why foist me on the Finns? They seem nice.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I eat burrito bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I eat burrito bowls.
    Yeah. But you're nice. You would be a gift to the Finnish people. I'm not nice and frankly the Finns deserve better than me.

I eat burrito bowls.
    To the exclusion of burritos? If so, we're Finnish...(ba dum dum).

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. But you're nice. You would be a gift to the Finnish people. I'm not nice and frankly the Finns deserve better than me.
    You heard about Biz Markie?

“Finns to the left, Finns to the right . . . .” — Helsinki Parrotheads

You heard about Biz Markie?
    Sad day.

Yeah. Wow. Why foist me on the Finns? They seem nice.
    Because their neighbors said no(r) way?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    So thank you YBT! Wittingly or unwittingly, you've done your good deed for the day. Semper grateful.
    Cars(full size and much smaller) can connect people in unique ways. That is what I enjoy most about the classic car hobby. And VW buses have a unique and ardent fan base. My aunt and uncle had a more recent version, a 1984. They made the trek from Minnesota to Arizona a few times in it when we lived there. Mainly because the grandparents were there also as well as great aunts and uncles.

Because their neighbors said no(r) way?
    Oslo day in the LTE when you have time to do that...

To the exclusion of burritos? If so, we're Finnish...(ba dum dum).
    Yes, but not to the exclusion of enchiladas which I prefer.

Cars(full size and much smaller) can connect people in unique ways. That is what I enjoy most about the classic car hobby. And VW buses have a unique and ardent fan base. My aunt and uncle had a more recent version, a 1984. They made the trek from Minnesota to Arizona a few times in it when we lived there. Mainly because the grandparents were there also as well as great aunts and uncles.
    I grew up in a green VW Bus. I am not a member of the unique and ardent fan base. I hated that car, well, it was great when I as little but monstrously embarrassing to be the one whose parents drove one as a teenager. Also - top heavy and scary to drive when you just have a learner's permit, so, I didn't. And when I did learn to drive stick, I lied so I wouldn't have to drive the Bus. We had the VW Bus (instead of a Ford Country Squire which every other family in the neighborhood had) and then, in the most 70s way imaginable, got a Chevy Impala as the 2nd car when the old Rambler died. It was silver blue metallic with a royal blue top. We called it Blue Thunder.

My parents finally got rid of the Bus when its second engine caught on fire as it was closing in on 200,000 miles. My mom called to tell me that the engine had caught fire and my reaction as one of joy. She was upset that I hadn't asked first about my father who was driving it at the time. I said that if anything had happened to Dad, she would have led with that, or should have, so.

It broke down one time on a bridge over the Kanawha River on I-64. I had to walk off that bridge with the rest of my family while Dad waited with the car, broken down on a bridge, on an Interstate, with no shoulder. OMG. Nope, I am not a member of the VW Bus fan club. I think that's the moment it stopped being fun to ride around in that car. I was about 10.

Yes, but not to the exclusion of enchiladas which I prefer.
    As long as you’re eating tortillas as the good lord(or lady) intended, you may remain here!

Oslo day in the LTE when you have time to do that...
    It’s the weekend so I can afjord to waste the time.

As long as you’re eating tortillas as the good lord(or lady) intended, you may remain here!
    I will agree that burritos are stellar meat delivery systems.

I will agree that burritos are stellar meat delivery systems.
    A good, from scratch, thick, chewy warm tortilla is bliss.

It’s the weekend so I can afjord to waste the time.
    A good, from scratch, thick, chewy warm...
    A Danish for breakfast it is.

I grew up in a green VW Bus. I am not a member of the unique and ardent fan base. I hated that car, well, it was great when I as little but monstrously embarrassing to be the one whose parents drove one as a teenager. Also - top heavy and scary to drive when you just have a learner's permit, so, I didn't. And when I did learn to drive stick, I lied so I wouldn't have to drive the Bus. We had the VW Bus (instead of a Ford Country Squire which every other family in the neighborhood had) and then, in the most 70s way imaginable, got a Chevy Impala as the 2nd car when the old Rambler died. It was silver blue metallic with a royal blue top. We called it Blue Thunder.

My parents finally got rid of the Bus when its second engine caught on fire as it was closing in on 200,000 miles. My mom called to tell me that the engine had caught fire and my reaction as one of joy. She was upset that I hadn't asked first about my father who was driving it at the time. I said that if anything had happened to Dad, she would have led with that, or should have, so.

It broke down one time on a bridge over the Kanawha River on I-64. I had to walk off that bridge with the rest of my family while Dad waited with the car, broken down on a bridge, on an Interstate, with no shoulder. OMG. Nope, I am not a member of the VW Bus fan club. I think that's the moment it stopped being fun to ride around in that car. I was about 10.
    $302k for a modified 21 window version.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/valuat...ue-to-impress/

I have never seen a burrito bowl, not sure I understand the concept. Is it a burrito, and if so, why the bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I have never seen a burrito bowl, not sure I understand the concept. Is it a burrito, and if so, why the bowl?
    It is just the burrito ingredients thrown into a bowl. It was likely done to appeal to Atkins, paleo, Whole 30 and other low carb diets by avoiding the tortilla.