Page 1690 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 69011901590164016801688168916901691169217001740179021902690 ... LastLast
Results 33,781 to 33,800 of 67660
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    For some, yes.
    Then my answer is tea. I do put milk in most black teas that I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    If it weren't for coffee my entire life would spiral out of cotrol. Coffee is the ONLY reason I have not turned to a life of crime. Only reason.
    You should take up knitting. There is a t-shirt one can purchase that says, "I knit so I don't kill people", I do not own this t-shirt as it is not quite appropriate. A more accurate t-shirt for me would read, "I knit so I don't tell people to wanker off".

Speaking of knitting, this morning I cast on the front of a sweater I am making for the Drewsk. The back and sleeves are already complete. Now that the end is in sight, the knitting will go faster. Monogamy is not my strong suit when it comes to knitting but when a project is nearing the end, I do a better job of resisting the siren call of other works in progress. I've always got 2 or 3 projects going at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    You should take up knitting. There is a t-shirt one can purchase that says, "I knit so I don't kill people", I do not own this t-shirt as it is not quite appropriate. A more accurate t-shirt for me would read, "I knit so I don't tell people to wanker off".
    I am kind of stocky, bald and I have visible tattoos . To be fair, some of those tattoos are related to famous paintings, but I don't point that out to people. I want people to think I am at least walking close to the edge of spiraling out of control, so there is a touch of healthy fear. I wouldn't wear that shirt because I like people to feel discomfited. That and I don't knit, although I am open to the idea of knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    lamb chili made with white beans
    I need details

Speaking of knitting, this morning I cast on the front of a sweater I am making for the Drewsk. The back and sleeves are already complete. Now that the end is in sight, the knitting will go faster. Monogamy is not my strong suit when it comes to knitting but when a project is nearing the end, I do a better job of resisting the siren call of other works in progress. I've always got 2 or 3 projects going at once.
    So normally you are a polygaknitist?

So normally you are a polygaknitist?
    I love it! Yes, that's exactly what I am. That word belongs in the dictionary. I will be sharing it with fellow knitters.

F06BEEB7-F303-40A5-A09F-FE25D769AC63.jpg

New York bagels (but local water). Will be a tasty breakfast when boiled and baked tomorrow.

I love it! Yes, that's exactly what I am. That word belongs in the dictionary. I will be sharing it with fellow knitters.
    Feel free to take credit because I consider us to be friends. Which probably is a black mark against you, but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

New York bagels (but local water). Will be a tasty breakfast when boiled and baked tomorrow.
    Jelly. I am no carbs for years and the only two things I miss are bagels and a slice of pizza. Every now and again I go to Costco And order a pizza and just eat the toppings. This works fairly well and slakes the hunger For pizza. I don't have anythink that weakens my desire for a bagel .

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I need details
    Nothing complicated...the lamb we get each month is a boneless roast from Costco which my lovely wife grinds up at home, so it's much less fatty than store bought ground lamb...throw in some beans, diced tomatoes, secret herbs and spices (oh yeah, some onion) and Bob's your Uncle...a nice, hearty winter meal, throw in a bottle of red wine...(not in the chili, in your tummy).

I will recognize this and say that I have enjoyed Texas red and the other chili varieties in my travels across the state of Texas . Perhaps you feel that no one should eat chili with beans, And then you will have become just as intransigent about chili as I am about zone defense (it is defeatist and passive and should never be played unless you are up 30 and wish to stop the annihilation of your opponent OR as a changeup look on an out-of-bounds play) and Jay Bilas (best in the business). And Turkey (sucks).
    I can enjoy a beaned up chili but Texas-style ain’t got no beans. It’d be like saying Carolina BBQ isn’t a vinegary mess when that is in fact its essence.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I can enjoy a beaned up chili but Texas-style ain’t got no beans. It’d be like saying Carolina BBQ isn’t a vinegary mess when that is in fact its essence.
    (Pulls razor blade from sock)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Oh my gawd! I'm getting in the car. Save me one.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I grew up in Texas and my best friend had "chili and beans" pretty much every day of his life. Literally. His mom always had a pot going on the stove, usually with ham hocks, and that is what they ate for dinner every night. Plus corn bread. I loved visiting because she had that shizzle down.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh my gawd! I'm getting in the car. Save me one.
    Seriously. Those look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I grew up in Texas and my best friend had "chili and beans" pretty much every day of his life. Literally. His mom always had a pot going on the stove, usually with ham hocks, and that is what they ate for dinner every night. Plus corn bread. I loved visiting because she had that shizzle down.
    I like cornbread but don't want to invest the time to make it right.

20210131_130510.jpg

I found this today. Any relation?

(Pulls razor blade from sock)
    (Puts beans in his).

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    20210131_130510.jpg

I found this today. Any relation?
    Hah! No but that is my handle namesake. Not Aussie but I tell everyone I was conceived there, which may or may not be true but it’s the only reason why I can come up with as to why I only buy toilets that flush counterclockwise.