Thread: Steam Cleaners

Steam Cleaners

As my cats have a propensity to regurgitate their food, cannot tell them to slow down when the eat, I'm thinking about getting a steam cleaner to assist with clean-up.

Please share your thoughts/recommendations on steam cleaners, both upright and spot cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    As my cats have a propensity to regurgitate their food, cannot tell them to slow down when the eat, I'm thinking about getting a steam cleaner to assist with clean-up.

Please share your thoughts/recommendations on steam cleaners, both upright and spot cleaners.
    Big Green Clean Machine!

http://www.220depot.com/p-1001-bisse...n-machine.aspx

I've got a hoover to clean up after two dogs who also have the occasional bout of regurge. It's been great.

I think I have a slightly earlier generation of this one:
    Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I've got a hoover to clean up after two dogs who also have the occasional bout of regurge. It's been great.

I think I have a slightly earlier generation of this one:
    Hoover
    I have that same machine. My wife once spilled an entire bottle of red wine (not a glass, the whole bottle - don't ask) on our white carpet. One half hour later you couldn't tell it ever happened.

I've got a Hoover too. Last year my parents' dog (whom I take in for the winter while they are in FL) had a horrible case of the runs - she ended up at the emergency vet for three days. Anyway, the Hoover was great for cleaning up after her. It's pretty good on old wee wee stains but I haven't been able to get them completely out yet. I think my boys have been redepositing in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I think my boys have been redepositing in the same spot.
    Please tell me your boys aren't human.

Ha, ha! No, they are chi hua huas - Pancho and Cisco. But, with no children of my own, they are "my boys".

Count me in on the Hoover camp -- I've got this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=1055388002408

I'm on my second one. Quite helpful in picking up after the human kids and the various furry critters that have given me cause to clean the carpets. It does a great job.

For smaller pet spots, I like the Bissell Pet Stain and Oder Remover spray. There are several similarly named/labelled products, and I like this one: http://www.bissell.com/Products/c/ma...8051C59C604AF3 It's available at Target and similar stores. One of my dogs has seizure-like spells, and usually ends up vomiting to announce she's nearly done with the spell. Following the label directions, I pick up what I can, saturate the lovely, bright yellow bile color stain, cover with a damp dish towel, and a few hours later, the beige carpet is as good as new (well, as good as it was when she upchucked on it, anyway!). Works well for urine and fecal matter, too, when I don't feel like dragging out the SteamVac.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Please tell me your boys aren't human.
    Guess that whole Monkey see - Monkey do thing ain't workin' out.

We have a smaller Hoover. It was only like $80 but it does the job. I tried to find it online but closest I came was this:

http://www.unbeatablesale.com/lehf48...i_sku=LEHF4862